It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama releases Bush Interrogation memos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Quote from the Associated Press: "The Obama administration threw open the curtain on years of Bush-era secrets Monday, revealing anti-terror memos that claimed exceptional search-and-seizure powers and divulging that the CIA destroyed nearly 100 videotapes of interrogations and other treatment of terror suspects.

The Justice Department released nine legal opinions showing that, following the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the Bush administration determined that certain constitutional rights would not apply during the coming fight. Within two weeks, government lawyers were already discussing ways to wiretap U.S. conversations without warrants."

The following are documents released by the Department of Justice.

www.theblackvault.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BetweenMyths

Good catch...

The Justice Department released nine legal opinions showing that, following the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the Bush administration determined that certain constitutional rights would not apply during the coming fight. Within two weeks, government lawyers were already discussing ways to wiretap U.S. conversations without warrants."

The Rights that don't apply are just the one's involving what "we" do and say...all of the other Rights are left alone...

I wonder if they have enjoyed my conversations for the last 7 years...I always make sure to say things like"president, bomb, Obama(now), firebomb, plot, white house"...etc. Then I continue with the conversation, so they have to listen to the whole thing...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Except this is all old stuff. The MSM knew about these things months if not years ago. Why would Obama do something like this now except to shift public furor off of himself and Dodd over the AIG bonus controversy?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The misdirection oozing out of Obama's administration is mind numbing. Obama is still pandering to the Bush haters as if he is still running for the office of POTUS. He must feel very inadequate and over his head. The more he stays on the stump and the teleprompter the worse he appears. He is only hurting himself. Unfortunately, his brain drained followers don't see it.

If it's not misdirection it is the blame game. I can't keep track of who's blaming who anymore. Dodd's new lies are hilarious. No, it wasn't me... Oh...that AIG... yeah that was my idea. Barney Frank trying to talk tough yesterday was very amusing. Is he still dating that high level executive from Freddie or Fannie?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hey, look over here! Everyone! Bush bad! Bush bad! (Never mind that AIG stuff).

This would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. They're just trying to get everyone to focus on something else now that the AIG fiasco is blowing up in their faces.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by vor78]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Wow this is great, I can't wait to use this in defense for Obama.

What happened with Obama again?

Whatever it is, it is Bush's fault. President Obama inherited this mess.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
Wow this is great, I can't wait to use this in defense for Obama.

What happened with Obama again?

Whatever it is, it is Bush's fault. President Obama inherited this mess.

(In case your post wasn't sarcastic)

Not the AIG bonus stuff he didn't. That one was all part of the second stimulus package drafted and passed after Obama took office, thank you very much.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
yup everytime obama screws up bigtime a bush document will be released to shift focus off him--too bad most people are wise to this bs.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I was being sarcastic.

new topics

top topics

join