It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 Armrstrong “These babies were huge, sir!”

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

We can have a pretty good idea. Picture yourself deep in cislunar space. There's a loud explosion. Your spacecraft starts tumbling. Your indicators are going nuts. Alarms are going off.
You or I might say "Holy ****. What's going on?! Help?! We're gonna die!"
What was actually said?

02 07 55 20 CDR I believe we've had a problem here.
02 07 55 28 CC This is Houston. Say again, please.
02 07 55 35 CDR Houston, we've had a problem. We've had a MAIN B BUS UNDERVOLT.
02 07 55 42 CC Roger. MAIN B UNDERVOLT.
02 07 55 58 CC Okay, stand by, 13. We're looking at it.
02 07 56 l0 LMP Okay. Right now, Houston, the voltage is - is looking good. And we had a pretty large bang associated with the CAUTION AND WARNING there. And as I recall, MAIN B was the one that had had an amp spike on it once before.

It goes on like that. Test pilots don't freak out over much.

Never mind the fact that everything else about the story is bogus.

Otto Binder did not work at NASA.

Binder briefly quit comics in late 1960, to become editor of Space World magazine, returning to comics in 1964 for a further five years, before leaving again in 1969, devoting the rest of his life to science fiction.

en.wikipedia.org...

Maurice Chatelain was not "chief of NASA Communications Systems".

The conversation could not have been "picked up by ham radio operators that had their own VHF receiving facilities that bypassed NASA’s broadcasting outlets."

Bogus.

edit on 9/23/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm fairly convinced the story is bogus. But it's wrong to assume how someone would react, or how they would express themselves, in an unprecedented situation. That's the simple point I was making.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Critical Note: "when James Oberg contacted Chatelain's employers he learned that Chatelain was no longer employed by them when Apollo 11 landed on the moon. If he was no longer an employee of a NASA sub-contractor then he could not have been present in any so-called "secret room" where he could overhear the confidential communications of the astronauts on the lunar surface. He was a low-level engineer who worked for a NASA sub-contractor who built the Apollo communications systems. His status as the "head of communications" (as some UFOlogists have claimed), is entirely false."

link; www.ronrecord.com...

So by this article Chatelain WAS a low-level engineer who DID work for a NASA sub-contractor who built the Apollo communications systems. OK he was NOT chief of communications and was NOT employed by them when Apollo landed on the Moon ,if the above is true then it blows a very big hole on the credibility of there being any real truth that Armstrong said ,"these babies are huge".

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

i think it has been well known that some retired ones exclaim USA gvmt covered some seceret rencently.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by abcdeaccount

well known by the ones who want to know,

well denied by the ones who don't want you to know it.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye

"Known" shouldn't depend on what you WANT to believe, it only should depend on your WANT to believe things as close to cold reality as possible.

Which led me to check up on the claims for Chatelain's credentials. Nobody else ever had, before. Nobody (as best as I could tell).

Aside from the official corporate response of his dates of employment, a co-worker told me by phone -- this, about 1978, I need to check my logs -- that he'd actually been fired by the company for misuse of official travel in support of some restaurant business he was also developing.

More important question: why is the claim still given credulous promulgation decades after it was exposed as false? How many similar bogus claims, exposed or not yet even checked, are swarming the internet?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye

How many similar bogus claims, exposed or not yet even checked, are swarming the internet?

re the apollo 11 ufo case... i can think of one.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Heres some audio.

edit on 20-12-2010 by Hockuu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Did you record this yourself, did NASA release it, why should it be considered genuine? And if it was reocrded on the Shuttle in the 90's what has it got to do with Armstrong?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hockuu
Heres some audio.

Well, it's 'audio', that's true. Is any other of it authentically unexplained? Is there any evidence for 'true UFOs' here?

Gemini-7 'bogie'. What is Frank Borman's assessment of this interpretation of his comment? Do you even know? Or care?

Apollo-12 'following along'. What is the opinion of the primary witnesses -- Conrad, Gordon, and Bean? Do you know anybody, anybody at all, who has ever asked them and reported the results? EVER?

"We still have the ufo under observance." What is the source of this audio recording? NASA? Or some private UFO buff, when nobody else on record heard or recorded it? And what is even HIS current assessment of the source of the audio?

"Coleman's UFO comment" -- what does she say about its seriousness or validity? Or is checking with primary sources a mwthod to be strenuously avoided?

In the world of uforic fantasy, IMHO your posting is part of the continuing problem, not part of the solution -- which is, respectability through checkable and verifiable anomalies.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Another 26 page thread that reveals nothing and gets to the bottom of proving squat.

What exactly is ATS useful for? Kill time?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZforZionism
Another 26 page thread that reveals nothing and gets to the bottom of proving squat.

What exactly is ATS useful for? Kill time?

Not squat. Pretty well establishes that the transcript is an old, old hoax,
and that it's so clumsy that anybody falling for it is certifiably incompetent
to assess any spaceflight-related controversy without major remedial efforts.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Bumped to top to remind folks, and inform newbies, that this story has been thoroughly discussed -- and debunked.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Bumped to top to remind folks, and inform newbies, that this story has been thoroughly discussed -- and debunked.

Why? You feeling a bit arrogant for some reason? Spill ya guts Jimbob.. Whats on ya mind?
edit on 29-8-2012 by lazernation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
ofcourse we can't know any "for certain" details....but I'm a pilot....and I saw the cigar mothership over Dallas.....so I know this world isn't what we think it is, but the cigar shaped one I saw....400 feet long going in and out of cloak,.....could have easily been man-made. it was faceted with 10 panels say, looked just like titanium or aluminum. 5/8 of the way to the aft, there were dark pods with intermittent neon blue glow for field drive according to the timing of them and the apparent thrust I saw.
so , to sum it up....something is fishy about this reality.
edit on 29-8-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh.....cool name

edit for details I was on the ground watching aircraft wondering why we don't see any 727's anymore.....I saw md-80's and 90's...and 757's and 767's......then, with sun rising well up, over at ene by east....I saw the blimp looking thing quartering the sun from the s east with no sun reflection on it's nose. going in and out of cloak....I felt telepathicy they were saying "yes , here we are"....I saw it for 12 seconds maybe....it was going 175 knots at 4000 feet agl....on a heading of 340 taking it's ground track over Dallas love field...and saw it no more after it was 5 degrees from overhead....
edit on 29-8-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahushua is our new King !!

edit on 29-8-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahweh is our new king

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Crucial NEW evidence regarding what Apollo-11 crew said and didn't say on the Moon -- a radio guy in Kentucky who listended to it all and recorded it. Details here:

legacy.jefferson.kctcs.edu/observatory/apollo11

Author C. Graney:

“I asked Baysinger whether he found anything that NASA edited out – comments about things going wrong, the astronauts being loose with their language, or exclamations about meeting aliens! He said no – absolutely everything was transmitted to the public on TV. In fact he said, “that was kind of disappointing”. Part of the idea of this project was to hear the unedited “real story”, and it turned out there was nothing edited out.”

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Thanks for that, saves me going through another disjointed,dellusional thread filled with ramblings and fluff.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Bumped in honor of "Aliens on the Moon", SyFy, which seems about to resurrect the UFOs "lined up on the other side of the crater watching us" hoax, by having somebody claim HE actually heard Neil Armstrong say it.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
Bumped in honor of "Aliens on the Moon", SyFy, which seems about to resurrect the UFOs "lined up on the other side of the crater watching us" hoax, by having somebody claim HE actually heard Neil Armstrong say it.

Don't be surprised if the program doesn't air, I suspect. I've been checking Time Warner's program guide, alphabetically, and so far the title doesn't appear. Of course, SYFY isn't going to back off a show that seems to promise a record audience, particularly after you brought it to our attention, even after humorous articles such as this one: "Stasi: Never mind the border crisis — documentary tries to prove 'Aliens on the Moon' are real"
www.nydailynews.com...

Blurb under a photo of Kim Kardashian in the above article:
A SyFy documentary about aliens on the moon is reminiscent of 'Missile to the Moon,' a movie in which a dwindling race of women who looked like Kim Kardashian were defeated by Earthlings.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: pieman

You assume they give a hoot about us. They are looking at us with the same interest
we might watch an ant on the kitchen counter. Watching it scurry about....
We do that, maybe squish it, and move on without another thought.

We are just a stop off. Maybe a place to resupply with water or food. Or maybe just
a nice tourist destination, a place to laugh at the apes (us) and how we kill each other
and crap where we eat.
Watch: youtu.be...

edit on 8-1-2017 by Sparkler8 because: fixing expletives

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join