It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 Armrstrong “These babies were huge, sir!”

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Who was that other Apollo moon walker who believed that Noah's Ark was still atop Mt. Ararat? Did that make it so, that he 'believed' it?

Well don't forget, if you DO believe in the Ark:

It was built by Amateurs and look what it presumaby withstood, and yet we all know the Titanic was surely built by "professionals."

Did I just say that?

Regards...KK

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
But Edgar Mitchell doesn't claim to have any first hand experience with UFO's or Aliens. He, like many people here, just believes they're around, but doesn't have any proof. Just his opinions.

I would think it equally possible that he had to also sign some type of non-disclosure agreement. He's just trying creative ways to circumvent the system and put some information out there. Even if the WH were to have some type of disclosure - he still may not be able to reveal what he knows.

Just a musing of mine, thanks for sharing yours as well.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67

Originally posted by jra
But Edgar Mitchell doesn't claim to have any first hand experience with UFO's or Aliens. He, like many people here, just believes they're around, but doesn't have any proof. Just his opinions.

I would think it equally possible that he had to also sign some type of non-disclosure agreement. He's just trying creative ways to circumvent the system and put some information out there. Even if the WH were to have some type of disclosure - he still may not be able to reveal what he knows.

Just a musing of mine, thanks for sharing yours as well.

Once you believe that, you can believe -- or disbelieve -- anything you choose. You're lost.

As a 'musing', it is a handy-dandy gimmick to throw out any testimony you might find inconvenient to believe. As such, it is an advertisement that your mind is captive of your imagination, with no reality checks.

Mitchell can be taken at face value -- an open-minded guy willing to try anything and believe anything to see where it leads. He's left it to other people to provide 'reality checks' -- such as on his unofficial Apollo-14 ESP experiment. Why do you suppose the original paper is nowhere to be found? Maybe because it was so poorly written and argued, it's an embarrassment best forgotten except in generous 'summaries' that omit real evidence.

People -- all of us -- are like that. Frustrating, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Do you have a source where we can read all the scripts on one document?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Unintentional Thread Bump.

I was perusing a few other threads while cooling off.

I came across this rather startling discovery by a poster on this thread who had "promised" to deliver pertinent info from Ham operators.

It was from a thread started 01/ 07/09 in General conspiracy forum regarding Paid disinfo agents:

Originally posted by RFBurns
I can tell you they do exsist..because I used to be one of them over 8 years ago....No I wont answer any questions about my past job thanks. Id prefer to leave that in the past. Cheers!!!!

I need to review his stance on this thread but felt it worthy of mention.

KK

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by guppy

I was able to locate this site which had many of the same quotes. Also in this thread, I list others associated with the other Apollo missions. If you don't want to flip through all the pages you can just click 'thread' at the bottom of my post to just bring up my posts which should speed up the process. These quotes were reprinted from a book I reference in those posts. The above link, as said, does have the most intriguing quotes.

Still waiting along with you KK!

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Right, many books and sites keep repeating the same alleged "quotations". Not one of them shows any link to a verifiable original source.

Sufficient time has passed since the promise to present such a source -- that a reasonable conclusion is the promise was a bluff, there exist no such original sources, and the alleged astronaut comments are bogus.

Anybody disagree?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'm not sure whether this had been spotted before, but I did a search for OMNI on each page on this thread and didn't come up with it, so I hope it adds to the thread.

On page 2 a link was given to one of the radio transcripts, www.jsc.nasa.gov... . Here's a quote from page 6, day 4 (PDF page 8),

03 23 10 27 LMP Okay, Tom, how far are you - did you - do you - are you still on OMNI's or something?
03 23 10 32 CDR Oh, yes. We still have 30 minutes left for contact with them.
03 23 10 36 LMP Oh, okay. We're right here then, huh?

Here's the quiz-question: OMNI is an abbreviation for which entity you can have contact with?

Could be an internal NASA team or something, I don't know.. How about you :]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by scraze

The omni-directional antenna on the command module. There were two antenna systems for communications on the CM. The high-gain directional system and the omni-directional system.

They would be able to maintain radio contact with the omni-directional antennas for 30 minutes.

[edit on 5/16/2009 by Phage]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hah :]

Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I was being nosy, in the name of research, and found RFBurns hasn't been on ATS since March 27th. I was excited with his prospects and his commitment to finding some actual recordings. I do wonder what has become of his search and would hope, in the very least whether the results were positive or negative he'd update us on his progress.

Regardless of these quotes being listed on various internet sites, in true ATS form we want facts and hardcore evidence and for that, I certainly applaud everyone. And while many think Phage is the highest paid disinfo agent on ATS, I find his knowledge - see above post about OMNI - valuable.

Here's a current thread about the newly fixed Hubble & the moon that I thought tied into this Apollo thread: Hubble & Moon Thread

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I've been reading these online for a couple of days not and find it hard to debunk. There really are only two possible reasons for this. They did see Alien spacecraft, structures and artifacts and were using code to hide it from the general public. OR It was a planned hoax and they were saying this stuff because they knew someone was listening. Either wasy NASA needs to come clean with this. The planned hoax aspect of it actually makes less sense. This is the smoking gun, there is no greater proof--These astronauts, instead of being heros are actually traitors and should be tried for treason for lying to the amercian public.

of course.. this could be just one man posting fake quotes online and copied in endless websites and books and magazine articles. If this is the case why don't the astronauts sue for libel? I would. Again there is another question of the astronauts character.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by amazing]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
of course.. this could be just one man posting fake quotes online and copied in endless websites and books and magazine articles. If this is the case why don't the astronauts sue for libel? I would. Again there is another question of the astronauts character.

Sue for what? There's no grounds for legal action here.... mainly because no serious person seems to have been deceived by the hoax transcript. No blood, no foul.

Seriously, you need to learn a lot more about legal issues of libel, especially of a 'public figure'. If you come up with a useful standard, please share it here.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by JimOberg]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I still tend to come back to the idea of a zoo.
You put the animal in a habitat that is created, but seems very natural and let it do what it does with little interaction, other than observation.
Maybe we are the creation, or were placed here by alien beings (i.e. Created by God) only to be observed. And that is what they are doing, observing us.

Also, think about how in the 60's-70's US Govt was all about manned flights to the moon, then all of the sudden, they stopped, no explanation, no reational reasoning, just no more moon flights. WHy do you think that is? were they scared off by the beings on the Far side? US isn't the only country not releasing everything from space flights, and/or pics from far side of moon.
Makes me wonder.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Reply to post by amazing

Could Perjury come into play here?
not a lawyer, just thinking...
Need evidence to even threaten them with the charge of Perjury though

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
First I would like to say that this has been an interesting thread.

I too some what believe the whole " Zoo " theory. The Main reason is because the human race seems out of place. I mean you don't see a dog building a dog house ya know...

I also have always wondered why we stopped going to the moon. Just BAMM no more moon missions. If we started in the 70's we would have a city on the moon by now and probably at least a space station or something close to mars.... Not just some RC cars driven around. It would make a whole lotta sense that we were told not to go back to the moon. I mean there is alot of info out there especially on this site that talks about how unique the moon really is. Some say it is hollow, a chuck of earth, a spaceship the list goes on. Maybe thats the place to get the " fuel " for UFOs or what have you.... Some type of awesome energy source or super strong metal.

Weather or not the quotes from Armrstrong are real is the question. How come only a few people caught this broadcast... Im sure they are not the only ones that have that kinda radio and are listening.... I would like to know if some one else has a copy burried in their basement covered in dust. But I believe it.... I mean there was a RACE to the moon between countries, then no one wants it.... and who doesnt like free land.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeetontheconspiracy

Also, think about how in the 60's-70's US Govt was all about manned flights to the moon, then all of the sudden, they stopped, no explanation, no reational reasoning, just no more moon flights. WHy do you think that is? were they scared off by the beings on the Far side? US isn't the only country not releasing everything from space flights, and/or pics from far side of moon.
Makes me wonder.

Please make an attempt to emerge from your cocoon and read space history stuff that offers answers to your questions. Using your own ignorance as evidence for theories that appeal to you, is a poor strategy.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by JimOberg]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
Anyone have these supposed recordings, not just transcripts?

What is wrong with transcripts? Are you saying NASA lies on the transcripts?

Speaking of those I had started another thread on the Apollo 10 'music'. I had not seen this one or I would have added it in here.

So a couple points

Regarding Apollo11 transcripts related to the OP

Apollo 11 Armstrong “These babies were huge, sir!”

Now at the NASA site.. Mission Transcripts
www.jsc.nasa.gov...

You can get the transcripts from four sources for each mission

1) Onboard Voice Transcription-Command Module,
2) Onboard Voice Transcription-Lunar Module
3) PAO Mission Commentary Transcript
4) Technical Air-to-Ground Voice Transcription

HOWEVER you CANNOT get the transcript nor the audio for the Apollo 11 Lunar Module

I suppose that tape went 'missing' with all the other 452 boxes of film footage huh?

Material handling report of those tapes 7 reels per cartoon, 452 cartons all just went missing

REPORT JPG

The tapes we are talking about look like this

So why can we not get a copy of the one transcript that would prove or disprove those statements picked up by HAM operators?

On the Apollo 10 transcript... I have pulled out the relevant comments on the music here
Apollo 10 Music Behind the Moon
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I suppose this is not what you wanted, right?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Now this is pretty interesting! Thanks for posting this, I have never heard of this until now. cool! Although I don't really buy ALL of this stuff, it is still quite interesting.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join