It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 Armrstrong “These babies were huge, sir!”

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins saw any UFO or Life on the moon. Is it possible to keep such a huge secret like that for so long? Lets not forget these guys are human they have feelings. They would have to be Robots to keep a secret like that for so long.

Unless they where messed with when they came back down to earth? They mite have had there memory wiped ect?

Tsom87

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSOM87
I find it hard to believe that Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins saw any UFO or Life on the moon. Is it possible to keep such a huge secret like that for so long? Lets not forget these guys are human they have feelings. They would have to be Robots to keep a secret like that for so long.

Unless they where messed with when they came back down to earth? They mite have had there memory wiped ect?

Tsom87

It has been suggested that subliminal subversive suggestion techniques were used on them prior to and after the missions. Mind control, hypnosis per say. Not byond reality, and certianly a very effective technique that has been proven to work in other areas.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
***snip***
And I will tell it to you as I have told Oberg..what makes you THINK I have not?

***snip*

Again, unless your some psycic who can see into everone's minds and see their activities, I would suggest you change your attitude and get off YOUR high horse.

I don't own a high horse. It's only about three inches high.
Psycic? I must be. Somehow I knew you'd react like that

I have put in inqueries thank you. And if you bother to have been monitoring the Ham bands lately, you might have picked up on the conversations that have taken place over the last 3 days.

Oh...no rig to listen with? Hmm...guess you dont have much to prove with to validate your outlandish statement up there.

We have a saying in Denmark: "As you cry out in the woods you get an answer.

No I haven't got a rig. I knew you had one so I thought I'd trust you to find what we need.
Thank you for making the calls.

Ham's dont record their activities just for you and the other skeptics hanging around ATS asking for proof. But if you believe otherwise, well put your money where your mouth..or in this case, fingers are and maybe you can find what your looking for.

I am old school. We have always said that "information wants to be free". No need for money there then.

Ya...of course it will be scrutinized and disected by all you armchair experts out there who think they are authority on everything discussed in a conspiracy forum.

First of all I don't own an armchair. Secondly I'm not claiming to be an authority (exept in my signature and anyone will realize that It's mostly for show - just like yours)

What I am trying to do is get information from someone I would call an authority. This thread has been littered with information given by hoaxers, charlatans and profiteers.
Many of the claims have been refuted many years ago. Many quotes have been refuted many years ago.

What's wrong with wanting something better?

(too bad you never got byond Crummy Band)

That's what I think.
But back then in Denmark we had to know enough about electronics to be able to build our own rig if we wanted a license. I got stubborn. What if I wanted to buy a ready made rig? Why would I need to be able to build it just because I wanted to talk to people far away?

Of course we didn't call it CB. That was too naf. So in Denmark it is called 17Mhz.
That's really naf as well, but it'll do.

Crammed full of people asking if we can hear them. Never did take to it.

Now we have the internet. Isn't it just great?

EDIT for too fast fingers.

[edit on 23.3.2009 by HolgerTheDane]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
While we're checking up on things, don't forget Maurice Chatelain. If you contact his real employer in the mid-1960s (and it wasn't NASA), they can tell you when he left -- long before Apollo even started. Yet he keeps being called 'former chief of NASA communications', as if repeating a bogus boast enough makes it true enough -- for some.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
For the record.

I have voiced my concerns with the validity of the information presented in this thread and have further amicably expresed praise for the diligence shown by the OP to present and defend said data.

I also falsely accussed OP of simply cutting & pasting info. from a book,
I may have been too hasty.

It seems much of the "dialogue" can also be found here:
(Among otherplaces on the web.)

xenophilius.wordpress.com...

I continue to find this thread fascinating and like most of you, only seek the truth.

C'mon RF. Just an itsy-bitsy hint as to where we can procure the recordings? Pretty please? ( I also participate in a Coupon-Swapping forum and there could be a few "Half-Off" for Fruit Loops in it for ya!)

Bananas indeed.

Regards.......KK

[edit on 23-3-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm so sick and tired of being lied to, if I was an alien and noticed that this certain species had to see something to believe it, because they're so self-centered and closed-minded to believe that aliens do exist, then I would say "# that civilization, give them a few thousand more years to mature, in the mean while let's # with their heads a little bit"

Get what I mean? Maybe they just find amusement and entertainment out of all this, seeing cute little meaty creatures stare into the sky and wonder "Woah, what could that be?!"

you really have to get rid of human perspective to be able to see it.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane

***snip***
And I will tell it to you as I have told Oberg..what makes you THINK I have not?

***snip*

Again, unless your some psycic who can see into everone's minds and see their activities, I would suggest you change your attitude and get off YOUR high horse.

I don't own a high horse. It's only about three inches high.
Psycic? I must be. Somehow I knew you'd react like that

Of course you would know what kind of reaction you would get from posting like that..what did you expect...a cookie and party hat?

I have put in inqueries thank you. And if you bother to have been monitoring the Ham bands lately, you might have picked up on the conversations that have taken place over the last 3 days.

Oh...no rig to listen with? Hmm...guess you dont have much to prove with to validate your outlandish statement up there.

We have a saying in Denmark: "As you cry out in the woods you get an answer.

No I haven't got a rig. I knew you had one so I thought I'd trust you to find what we need.
Thank you for making the calls.

Your welcome. It would have been much easier on you, me and this entire thread had you simply said "Can you try to contact some Ham's and begin the search?", instead of blasting out with the smerky method you did use.

But yes the inqueries have started and the process has begun...3 days ago. So now its just a matter of waiting to see what develops.

Ham's dont record their activities just for you and the other skeptics hanging around ATS asking for proof. But if you believe otherwise, well put your money where your mouth..or in this case, fingers are and maybe you can find what your looking for.

I am old school. We have always said that "information wants to be free". No need for money there then.

Then you know that us "old school" types did things seriously, not for curiosity or throw it to the wind prospectives.

Ya...of course it will be scrutinized and disected by all you armchair experts out there who think they are authority on everything discussed in a conspiracy forum.

First of all I don't own an armchair. Secondly I'm not claiming to be an authority (exept in my signature and anyone will realize that It's mostly for show - just like yours)

Actually what is written in my signature is quite serious...I tend to see it as a statement of exposure, not a show and tell, look at me kind of thing.

What I am trying to do is get information from someone I would call an authority. This thread has been littered with information given by hoaxers, charlatans and profiteers.
Many of the claims have been refuted many years ago. Many quotes have been refuted many years ago.

What's wrong with wanting something better?

Not a thing wrong with wanting something better. But if your really looking for something better than what has been presented by the hoaxers you say are posting in the thread, well it might be helpful to ask in a less agressive and assuming manner. Jumping the gun before cheking first is the initial step to taking a leap off the cliff.

As soon as I hear any updates on the search I will post the updates here.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
C'mon RF. Just an itsy-bitsy hint as to where we can procure the recording? Pretty please?

Regards.......KK

The search began 3 days ago with initial contacts to several HF Hams out there. The old tymers like to hang around the HF bands and work those frequencies instead of relying on clusters of repeaters like those in the VHF and UHF bands.

I will update when new info comes in.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

It would be nice to have the original, un-altered audio from the almighty, trusty NASA to compare the Ham recordings with.

Every single transcript from Gemini, Apollo, etc can be found here:
www.jsc.nasa.gov...
The sarcasm is noted, but I have yet to see a single backed-up reason to distrust the NASA transcripts and every reason to distrust the amateurish transcripts provided by alleged ham operators and informants.

*You might also find this handy:
terpconnect.umd.edu...

*Jackpot, the entire audio of air-to-ground communications for apollo 11:
www.live365.com...

[edit on 23-3-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

That is awesome.

I would be happy to assist in any way. I have tons of software to convert audio from > to almost any format. Plus access to some older gear. (1/4" Reel to Reel etc.)

Kind Regards......KK

[edit on 23-3-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
If I missed someone already mention this, my apologies. I heard the actual audio of the conversation on UFO Hunters nasa episod.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
i find it strange that the "aliens" are always lit up like christmas trees in these encounters. it feels counter intuitive.

when we study wild life we use a hide to observe in as natural a setting as possible. why would aliens constantly advertise their presence by lighting their ships so garishly if their goal is observation?

great thread OP, interesting account, i look forward to the quotes.

Yea but, when us humans go to the zoo, we don't hide ourselves to view the caged animals

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

The search began 3 days ago with initial contacts to several HF Hams out there. The old tymers like to hang around the HF bands and work those frequencies instead of relying on clusters of repeaters like those in the VHF and UHF bands.

I will update when new info comes in.
!!!!

Wow, that's amazing work on your part! Exciting! Now *that's* some research!

And publicly, I want to thank KK for the kind words. It was nice to know that my admitted mistakes were heard and considered. He didn't have to take the time to post his observations of me and my motives for this thread but, he did and it's appreciated. While this kind of dialog might seem off topic, it is refreshing to see civilized discussion from each side of the fence in the quest for truth. Let's tear apart the information, not each other. Thanks KK.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

I don't want to minimize your jackpot, but it was posted on page 5, in this post.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

my apologies. this thread has grown too fast for me to keep completely up to date. why isn't that link enough for these apollo 11 claims then?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Probably because nobody follows links, I guess that is why so many people like videos (I hate them), they can just look, without doing any work about it, and then they just write something, hopefully about it.

jra

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by netron
"These babies were huge, sir!.... Enormous!... Oh God! You wouldn’t believe it!....I’m telling you there are other space-craft out there…lined up on the far side of the crater edge!...They’re on the Moon watching us!"

that quote , attributed to Neil Armstrong at the start of this thread is actually from the the film/book Alternative 3 - which is an april fools hoax.

Excellent find there netron. So that should be the final nail in the coffin for this supposed quote from Armstrong since this appears to be it's origin. The fact that the creators of the Alternative 3 all admit it as being a hoax, should be proof that this quote never really existed to begin with.

Although I have a feeling that this won't be enough to satisfy some here.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by jra]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

It would be nice to have the original, un-altered audio from the almighty, trusty NASA to compare the Ham recordings with.

Every single transcript from Gemini, Apollo, etc can be found here:
www.jsc.nasa.gov...
The sarcasm is noted, but I have yet to see a single backed-up reason to distrust the NASA transcripts and every reason to distrust the amateurish transcripts provided by alleged ham operators and informants.

*You might also find this handy:
terpconnect.umd.edu...

*Jackpot, the entire audio of air-to-ground communications for apollo 11:
www.live365.com...

My the gullable sheeple come in droves...dont they. No wonder the government has been able to get away with so much....they never lie!!

(Just ask the Iraqis and families of 9/11)

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 23-3-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Hi Whisper

For you to believe this is true, one would also have to dismiss NASAs new claim that they are unable to go to the moon because of problems with radiation. They are acknowledging that we didn't have the technology in the 60s to go or that they have lost this technology and can't find it. I think they may have staged some of it and that they were only in earths orbit and not around the moon. They still could have seen something but I don't think it was on the moon though...

Rgds

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hi guys, As some of you know, I am one of those Hams. Not quite an "old timer" yet, but pretty close to QCWA. I have been following this thread for some time now. Good job my friend Whisper!

I do have a few old timer friends in my local club. Dayton Amateur Radio Association (DARA)
We are one of the largest radio clubs in the world. Any ham reading this will know that we hold the largest Ham convention in the world. "Hamvention (tm)" It is the "Mecca" of hamdom. Some of these guys where and still are major figures in the development of the comm. systems being discussed.
For example: The pres. and VP. of AMSAT NA (ham satellites) yep, we design finance and build our own flock of "birds". Among others.

With all that said, I have put out the word to try and find any possible direct recording of Apollo 11 S-band receptions that any of the old pioneers of the microwave bands may have.
S-band is specifically: Unified S-Band or in this case USB at 2277.5 Mc.telemetry carrier.
With 2272.5 Mc. and 2287.5 Mc (note:we no longer use Mc. it is now Mhz.)
ntrs.nasa.gov...
This link is from a 1966 IEEE report from NASA on the USB system for Apollo goes into some basic detail on the unified S-band comm. system that was new to Apollo.

It is important to understand that USB, as used in this system, IS NOT upper side band. In this system USB
refers to Unified S-Band. Totally different.

It is realized that this paper is only a bird's-eye view
of the Apollo USB system. The Apollo mission carried for 8 unique telecommunications systems
with a capability to provide primary tracking and communications. This has been designed into the USB by combining the JPL ranging system with data subcarriers for both the ground-to-spacecraft and the spacecraft-to-ground links. Utilization of large ground antennas and optimization of spacecraft and ground modulation and demodulation processes will insure a reliable two-way communications link for project Apollo.

There where relatively few Hams that could receive and demodulate these transmissions in 1969.
Furthermore, they all knew each other. I am putting together a short list of possible callsigns from the guys who actually did this and could do it. Let's see who may know somebody that really has a recording.

I am also sending an e-mail to "The most trusted man in America" Walter Cronkite KB2GSB, thats right, The Voice that brought us the entire Apollo Program to us on TV back then, is a Ham!
Walter is 92 years old now, and I don't hold out much hope in receiving a reply from him. But If there is anyone in the world that could get a fellow ham to give up the tape, it would be Walter!
I believe he is the only civilian that has received a moon rock. (he donated it to Texas U, I think.)

I have one other guy so far, and I am preparing an e-mail to him.

So, we will see what happens.

Peace
Edit to add: Happy 40th birthday to AMSAT and a big clue as to who these ham pioneers are.here:www.ka9q.net...

[edit on 24-3-2009 by Zeptepi]

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join