It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you kill yourself..... Do you kill your soul....?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Now, this is something I've been pondering for a while, (not killing myself I hasten to add).

I've read lots of things and thought about this alot; why is it so bad to kill yourself?

Apart from the obvious reasons there seems to be an underlying terror about it and a few people who I have chatted with and some things I have read have warned that if you kill yourself you actually kill your soul too

Obviusly this is all conjecture but it seems a plausible thing to me. Think of all the people in the world in desperate cirumstances. Why do they not kill themselves?

Surely if you are unhappy with things it is easier just to "reset"....?

But

Something stops us....

Only you can kill your own soul?

No idea if that made any sense but would be interested to hear others thoughts

MR

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
If there is such thing as a soul, I can't see how cause of death would affect it. I thought the soul, not being attached to the physical realm, lived on forever. Seems odd that one unhappy physical life could destroy a timeless entity.

Possibly this is a notion conceived and popularised by religous groups as suicide is seen as a very bad thing to do. After all, as a contributing member of the church, you're no good to them dead, unless God made the decision.

But if God is omnipotent, how could you go "over his head" and kill yourself?

I thought the soul went to hell after suicide? (apparently)

Why are religous topics so complicated...............

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
No, you cannot kill your soul, and neither can anyone else, there is nothing to fear in death whatsoever. Having had several NDEs and OOBs,
I can assure you that your Soul is indestructible and all souls are equal!
When you leave this World, you may for example, encounter a fellow soul who when here, was a king or a pope or some other perceived 'high office',if you do, you will find youselves to be of precisely the same status.
When you finally leave your Earthly body, you will become instantly aware of these and many other Truths, all deliberately withheld from you during this life for no reason other than to Control you.
So fear nothing, and go out into this World doing the best you can, with what you have at your disposal. Think of life as a single day in school, just do your best, do unto others as you would have them do unto you [Old Saxon Law] and all will be well.

Hope this helps,

Kindest regards,

Horsegiver.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
personally, I think it depends on the amount (and nature) of the emotion that is put into it. I believe that we've all chose to be here, and well, the great secret that they don't want you to know, is that you can chose to leave whenever you like....with no divine retribution or bad consequences. you just felt that you've accomplished all you could do, you just felt that you've just totally screwed it up, and there's no way you're gonna accomplish anything...

but, if there is intense hatred toward oneself, then yes, I think you could do your soul serious harm. weather it would cause your soul death, I don't know, but I think it might cause you to have a long time recovering from such an act....
and all those not so nice negative energies will be picking up on that intense hatred you have for yourself and well, will be flocking to ya!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
suicide lowers your spiritual evolution, and you'll likely return to the Earth in another body (you know, reincarnation?) with even more problems or an even tougher life, with similar challenges, because the whole point of being here is to surpass them and learn the lessons from them, and grow from them spiritually. when you commit suicide, you kill the physical body to dead the mind. Since all suffering is in the mind, while pain is only physical and in-the-now, the person kills their physical body to kill their mind. This is the reverse of what they should be doing. They should be slowly deadening the part of their mind to kill their carnal, compulsive, animalistic side, becoming more stoic, or if thats not your thing, becoming much more spiritually balanced.

The plague of the mind is what leads to suicide. But suicide is usually to kill the suffering in the mind, while the physical body was essentially innocent, unknowingly, and not that bad-off healthwise. The person, had they been stronger in the moment, could still be alive today, experiencing joy and bliss and happiness, all that they needed to do was fix the problems in their life causing the suffering of the mind. This is easier said than done and is a process I've been slowly undertaking for about 2 years now, and still am not finished, not even close. But I have noticed real progress.

Don't kill your inncoent physical body just to deaden the pain of the mind. Heal the mind, through good ole' blood, sweat, and tears mentality and approach. Be a hardass .. tell yourself your going to be going through a period of change where you will be uncomfortable and depressed, prepare yourself for the idea and convince yourself to go through with it. While you're experiencing the discomfort of change, sometimes it seems nothing can help and minutes seem to last hours in deep depression. But time is a cure-all, and if you persist, you will break down these mechanisms which have been slowly built up in your brain chemically and neuropathically over a certain period of time. Of course alcohol/drug addiction is in specific what I'm aiming at when I say that, it can also refer to many other things and problems people deal with.

Find your personal peace, whatever it may be. If you don't have it but you can sense it, you can see that it is reachable, you WILL attain it and all of your goals if you refuse to accept defeat.

[edit on 3/19/2009 by runetang]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Marlborough Red

No you dont, I think its impossible to kill your soul, its eternal.

However I really think suicide is a real no no as awarness and soul progression goes. We have decided to incarnate for a reason, to learn and if we find for what ever reason we cant cope with this lesson and take our life we probably reset our soul back to a lower starting point.

I think many souls who kill their body are so shocked when they realize what they have done that they often spend years in denial as discarnates.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marlborough Red
Now, this is something I've been pondering for a while, (not killing myself I hasten to add).

I've read lots of things and thought about this alot; why is it so bad to kill yourself?

Apart from the obvious reasons there seems to be an underlying terror about it and a few people who I have chatted with and some things I have read have warned that if you kill yourself you actually kill your soul too

Obviusly this is all conjecture but it seems a plausible thing to me. Think of all the people in the world in desperate cirumstances. Why do they not kill themselves?

Surely if you are unhappy with things it is easier just to "reset"....?

But

Something stops us....

Only you can kill your own soul?

No idea if that made any sense but would be interested to hear others thoughts

MR

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I made this thread and if you read it, it will give you a better idea of why I am going to say what I will below.

You would only be hurting yourself and everyone else if you commited suicide far more than most suicide victims would realise. I believe things like this hold back the human race as well as violence but it is all part of the experience that some will do and some will not. When people say, I have been there myself, it is absolutely true in more than one way.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
We do not have souls. We ARE souls. There is a big difference.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Do not know but i know if you damage your body or deform it you do damage to it.

I have absolutely no chance of living a life in this world and i am still here never commited suicicde, and will not if i have anything to do with it, but boy have people desperately tried to get me to end up dead.

My advice is never ever consider suicide, life is terrible, but if you are not a bad person why should you give others the chance to effectively murder you. Just say up yours, there really is so much scum in society.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I believe that at the time of our conception the date, time, and nature of our death are pre-determined. So if a soul commits suicide it was the end of life plan that was their destiny. It is just my belief and I'm sure some of you will disagree,but having lost my mum to suicide I choose to believe this.
Some people die young---destiny.Some people live to 100, even with a unhealthy lifestyle---destiny.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
2 cents:

There is a part of you that was never born and will never die. All else fades away.

Imagine an ocean. That temporary wave in the ocean is what you call "Me and my body". That wave arising is what is called "birth". That wave disappearing is what is called "death". Yet the essence of it all remains forever.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The great misconception is that we are individual beings and that each individual being is imbued with a unique and individual soul.

There is no such thing as an individual soul.

There is only one consciousness, a universal consciousness, that sort of shines through each person or animal or plant, and it even shines through inanimate objects (elements, compounds, minerals).

Think of it like this: Think of the Universal Consciousness as a single, bright incandescent lightbulb; think of our three-dimensional universe as an infinitely vast sheet of opaque black construction paper; and think of the Creative Force as a sort of pushpin, punching hundreds, thousands, millions, billions, trillions and quadrillions of tiny holes through the black paper.

Now, in its own dimension, the Universal Consciousness is just one incredibly bright light. In our dimension — on the other side of the black sheet — there is no light whatsoever. The Will of the Universal Consciousness — or the Will of God, or The Creative Force, or whatever you want to call it — pierces countless holes into our physical world, allowing the light of Universal Consciousness to penetrate into our cold, dark dimension.

How does the single light of Universal Consciousness appear to us, over here in the dark universe? Because it only penetrates through these countless holes in the darkness, it appears to us as countless individual lights. I'm not talking about the appearance of stars and galaxies, necessarily; rather, when I say countless individual lights, I'm talking about the appearance of myriad consciousnesses in our universe. You could say that each of us is such a hole in the darkness, allowing the same light to penetrate into our dark dimension.

We all, therefore, are conduits of a single light. A single soul, if you will.

The single light of consciousness has nothing to do with our intelligence — intelligence is just a product of physical evolution, a tool of physical survival. For example, a paramecium is the most intelligent creature in its world, from its perspective; a sand crab is the most intelligent creature in its world, from its perspective; and a human being is the most intelligent creature in its world, from its perspective. That's just the way our brains operate. Our physical minds are simply products of evolution and day-to-day survival, and our physical minds are easily deceived by appearances.

But the same consciousness comes through all of us. We all share just one soul.

Suicide is not a function of the Universal Consciousness. Suicide is a function of the physical mind, it's a function of our intelligence. We can rationalize all sorts of reasons for living or dying or killing one another, and that's what we do, inventing the concepts of right & wrong, good & evil, love & hate, et cetera, which are just rationalizations for the things we do to each other.

The Universal Consciousness does not know right & wrong, good & evil, nor love & hate. It doesn't care why we do what we do. It doesn't even care if we commit suicide — you know, go ahead and do it, if you've rationalized yourself into that corner. All you're doing is closing one of the holes through which the Universal Consciousness shines.

Don't worry, the Creative Force will make more holes through which the Universal Consciousness will shine. There is no judgment of the actions of your physical mind, except in the physical mind.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I didn't kill myself because something was holding me back.

I think that something was probably either fear - of losing my family and leaving this world (because, let's face it, i was temporarily insane, and despite that temporary mental illness, i did still LOVE my family and friends etc), or love - even though i hadn't recognised it at the time.

In my honest opinion, i get the feeling that we exist in this physical world to heal the "negative" parts of our soul (negative energy..) and if you kill yourself, its just more work for you. I mean, it's not easy - you have to work at that part of you in the life that you're given to become 'whole' so to speak, and then, i dunno, move up a level or something. . . like a game maybe. I have no idea how it works. But then finding out would make everything boring! Like cheating!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today
I believe that at the time of our conception the date, time, and nature of our death are pre-determined. So if a soul commits suicide it was the end of life plan that was their destiny. It is just my belief and I'm sure some of you will disagree,but having lost my mum to suicide I choose to believe this.
Some people die young---destiny.Some people live to 100, even with a unhealthy lifestyle---destiny.

Im not so sure, I believe there are entities/discarnates on lower dimensions that make it their soul objective to stop other incarnated souls progressing. They influence us , lead some of us to depression, astrally abuse us..anything to stop the soul frequency of the one increasing. If you are the unfortunate person who these discarnates pick on, you may find you become so hopeless you do end your life much earlier than was ever meant.

One theory is when the Earth and its souls ascend, the lower astral plane will be no more, there will be no need for it, this is the reason these entities I think want as many of us to commite suicide as they can, ascension is delayed, they keep their lower astral domain.

Just a theory. Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
No, but if you kill yourself you'll be strapped in and forced to watch all the suffering your suicide caused (in heavenly-def even) to your loved ones or those that loved you.

And you'll also see your potential successful selves from that point forward. You'll be forced to watch versions of your life from that point so as to emphasize how badly you goofed. Heavenly shame maybe? Call it what you want.

Your soul will be made to know what a wrong move suicide is. No matter how bad it gets, just simply move to the next point forward. The consequences of self-termination are worse than death for your soul, because when you get to whatever place you feel is "better" than Earth, your soul, though freed, is caused to really weep intensely over the decision to self-terminate.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Firstly I believe that the soul is eternal and indestructible. And we are the soul inhabiting the physical body - we don't 'have' a soul.

I've noticed that suicide seems to be frowned on by most cultures. I am prepared to be corrected but the only culture I've come across that accepts suicide as an honourable option is the Japanese.

In the case of a Japanese person committing ritual suicide I would like to think that there was no penalty to pay in the afterlife because that person was brought up in a culture where it was acceptable.

So who is to say that they are wrong and we are right in thinking it should be avoided?

I would prefer to see people working through their problems instead of just giving up because I believe in re-incarnation and therefore believe that whatever problem can't be dealt with in this lifetime will only arise again in the next.

This brings me on to euthanasia. I do believe it should be an option for people who are in constant pain and have no quality of life. It's what I would want for myself. I'd like to think of it as freeing myself to go on into a new body and continue to grow, but some people would argue that the pain and illness are also a learning curve.

And that the burden a sick person places on others helps them to grow i.e patience or compassion.

I think before I considered doing away with myself I would have to weigh up whether or not the possible penalty in the afterlife was worth it but I am sure that as a soul I would survive the death of this body however that death came about.

Edit to add - there is a theory that we all 'agree' to our death when it comes anyway. That people go when they are ready however it looks to the rest of us.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by berenike]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I believe the soul is eternal as well.
But I also believe that if you kill yourself, you spiritually stagnate. I think you forfeit any spiritual growth and knowledge that you learned in this incarnation.
Just my belief.
Peace.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Maybe one could commit the act with the intention of nullifying all of their existence, the soul, and maybe one could simply want to destroy the flesh that has suffered past the point of reconciliation. Some say the question of suicide is the most puzzling and others that it is the only true philosophical question, to be or not to be. If you live your life in a deathlike slumber and feel it's time to end the farce than it would seem you've made the decision to ignore the soul altogether. In other words, if the very idea of an afterlife or soul isn't important to a person to begin with I think, yes, you would probably destroy a soul that never really existed in the first place. But to live with passion and emotion and a desire to live only to trapped by an inexplicable circumstance is something entirely different. Maybe read some Shakespeare, Hamlet. Is suicide really a choice? If so, how hard of a choice is it?

Edit - didn't mean to reply directly.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by djr33222]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If you commit suicide, your spirit is forced to walk the earth as an "earth bound" spirit or, Ghost. I know this from personal experience as a Medium, who works with earthbounds, especially suicide spirts. What most New Age people dont know, is that these spirits are given an extra opportunity to redeem themselves before they can move on to the afterlife. Most of these opportunities to redeem themselves lie in being a "spirit guide" or "guardian" to other people. All "spirit guides" are human being spirits- not angels, as most like to believe in the New Age community. Most earthbounds, by suicide, if they choose to redeem their actions have the opportunity to move on in a matter of 9-12 months earthtime. If one commits suicide because of severe illness, (mental or physical) it generally grants the spirit a shorter wait time, this is case to case however.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join