It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Secret KGB - UFO" and Russia's Roswell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Here's another great video, this time the focus is footage shot from alledged soviet military aircraft showing unidentified flying objects. Did Russia hide military contact with ufo's as the west did? I think yes, very much so and now we get a chance to peek into the archives of the Soviet military and catch a small glimpse into some of their encounters. Take a look, I hope you enjoy

Here's a second video showing footage alledged to be taken at a crash site by Russian millitary.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by alyosha1981]

[edit on 19-3-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Excllent find!

The Russians are more open to the UFO phenomena, even officially than the west is. Maybe with more of their information released, that will help change the closed minded attitudes.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I agree, I believe the Russians have as many or more ufo files as the U.S and very possibly a more laxed attitude in the way of this subject. Hopefully we'll see more Soviet era ufo footage come to light as time goes by.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

What is even more ironic is that even when the Iron Curtian was in place, the Soviet Union set aside a huge portion of their scientific research abilities to study the UFO issue. They were also further advanced in the quantium physics and hyper dimensional physics fields, all of which the west shunted and dismissed as nonsense.

Curious..isnt it. Now it seems like the western world is so anxious to get ahold of all that reserach, to play catch up.

I think as more info is released, that is going to turn the tide for the UFO community to its favor. Heh, that should ruffle the feathers of the skeptic world somewhat.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

We had our Roswell, the Russians had theirs too! we would be blind to think that we were the only ones being visited. I like the second segment where the ufo comes into shot alongside the fighter them decesends down into the clouds.. like "ya buddy lets see you catch me"

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

No doubt they also had their share of encounters and recoveries. It stands to reason that if the Russians are telling the world the truth, obviously our own government is telling us outright lies.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Ya it's a shame the ruskies seem to be letting onto more then our own, I don't think their media is controlled the way ours is.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I have mentioned in other threads, that there will be two ways the truth will be made known.

1. The UFO/ET will make itself known.

2. Other nations will come forth with their data and tell the world.

The thing with those two items is that there is absolutley nothing the US government or NASA can do about it to prevent it. So I always ponder as to why they continue to cover it up..there has to be a far more complex reason than the mudane to continue to lie about the reality of UFO's and ET's when so much other sources of information discredits the cover up, yet it continues, and so many still believe the cover up!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Both good possibilities IMO, but number two seems more likley for some reason. Maybe because of the way we're disliked by some other countires after the GW extrvaganza, seems plauseable another country would want to "corner" the ET information release.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Hoaxes, sorry. Third time they've reared their ugly heads again this month.

The entire documentary, The Secret KGB UFO Files was made in the mid '90s and was comprised entirely of hoaxed footage.

I can't find the best page that debunks the lot at the moment, I'll have to search through my old posts. I'll post it if I find it.

There is this page, however, that at least begins the explanation of most of the footage.

The Truth Behind The "KGB UFO Files"

EDIT:

Ok, found the good link.

The Black Pages (If you can wade through the horrible formatting), prove every piece of footage in the documentary a hoax. Happy reading.

Here is a few key quotes if you can't be bothered to fight the webdesign failure of a page:

March, 1968. We see the edge of an alleged Ural forest. The "saucer" seems to have crashed right on the edge of a forest and a clearing.
We see two cars and many soldiers with their Kalashnikov held like balalaikas but we can't understand what they are doing.

This absurdity was noted in UpDates (15 Sep 1998): "The guards seem to be located in a rather unorganized manner, and pointing their guns almost in any direction..., and even pointing at the apparently higher officers inspecting the object. The guards should preferably be located at some distance from the object, and also pointing their armed guns in a direction away from the inspectors and investigators..."

It is known that the winter in Ural is very cold. The cars we see are in summer version, without hood or canvas cover. Why? Because, for the film-hoax, it was necessary to show soldiers sitting in these cars. In reality, and especially in the Army, it is not possible.

...one of the biggest inconsistencies is the question of military uniform. In the film shot in March 1969, soldiers are in the uniform introduced in the Soviet Army four months later, in July (Order of the Soviet Defense Minister N 191 from 26th of July 1969 about new models of uniform in the Soviet Army). One can understand that this uniform was not available immediately, in one day, for everybody. Even in 1970 and in 1971 it was possible to see two different greatcoats at the same time: new, with buttons, and ancient, without buttons.

The soldiers must have the soldiers' belts with a belt-buckle like you see above, not the officers' belts without shining bucle. In Russia, every child knows that very well. However, in the "sensational genuine" footage, defended by the big expert from Tarzana, all the soldiers have the officers' belts. It's simply ridiculous for every Russian but the so-called expert from Tarzana doesn't know that it is a serious infringement of the service regulations and of the drill regulation.

Two soldiers wear the greatcoats without half-belts, this is striking because it is inadmissible in the army!

In the winter 1998, in Moscow appeared two young Americans from a TV Company (director and cameraman).
These Americans said that the purpose of their visit to Moscow was the shootings of several episodes for an advertising roller. This is how Olga Dolgaleva (Gorky Film Studio) was offered an "extra work". Olga knew her job, it was a matter of earning a little more money, and Olga agreed. Why not?

It may seem strange but nobody asked the Americans for what ad were they working? It was of no concern to the others. If it was necessary, it was necessary. Let us do not forget that the Americans were ready to pay for the work.

A small team was organized. Olga herself was the assistant of the director.

“That winter was especially cold, says Olga, even at the end of February. The Americans fussed, they wanted to do the job very fast. These boys from Massachusetts were not used to work a long time outdoors.
The Americans told Dolgaleva of an episode in a wood. It was necessary to choose a place for shooting near Moscow and to find soldiers for one crowd scene.

It was very easy. Moscow's filmmakers have their favorite places around the capital. For instance, in Alabino (near Moscow, 40 minutes by a suburban train) there are all conditions for work: beautiful nature, wood, fields. There are many people available for crowd scenes because of the presence of several military units located around Alabino.

Soldiers are very good for films: silent, obedient, and robust. In Alabino you can find tanks or even horses. If you want, of course.

Everything was arranged, the Americans paid an officer and one company of soldiers was ready to become deeply engaged in the search of ET. Olga says the Americans did not pay much, but she does not want to give precise sums. Olga says the Americans insisted very much that the soldiers should look like soldiers of Air-Defense in 1968. They asked the wardrobe master to choose all uniforms as it was in reality 30 years ago. However, the woman (the wardrobe master was a woman) found herself in a very difficult situation - there was nothing suitable within easy reach.

There was a problem even with trousers, and consequently some soldiers remained in camouflage under greatcoats. (As I noted above, Americans said that these episodes were necessary for an advertising roller. An advertising roller? If so, then everything is good. And a very serious error was commited just with greatcoats!) Literally, in several meters from the edge of a wood, the Americans placed one disk made from foam plastic. It was windy, the light disk was falling back...

Olga Dolgaleva was really shocked when she sow in the newspaper one photo from film with the comment about the involvement of the KGB in the story with the disk made from foam plastic.

This story was published in the well-known newspaper Moskovsky Komsomolets-Ural, (11.5.1998 - 11.12.1998).

Source

[edit on 19-3-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Erm.. not done reading but what about the footage in the first video looks convincing enough to me, even a small shadow on the cloud
probably not photoshopped not way back then right?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Russian Roswell military footage

1969 authentic KGB footage

pretty sweet

new topics

top topics

join