It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas judge apologizes for racial comment (03/18/2009)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

DALLAS – The top municipal judge in Dallas faces calls for his resignation over a racially charged column he wrote in a weekly newspaper.

Administrative Judge C. Victor Lander apologized Tuesday for writing in the Dallas Weekly that "black folks have been cleaning up white folks' messes for hundreds of years."

Lander, who is black, said he wrote the column earlier this month to praise reform efforts of the city's first black prosecutor, Craig Watkins.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

news.yahoo.com...

You don't see what I'm calling "reverse racism" very often in MSM, or at least I haven't.
The news source does not say much else but I think that calling for the judge's resignation is a bit much.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Looks like racism in judges is still alive and well!

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
What the judge said would sound racist if there wasn't a lot of truth in what he said.... Nowadays the people cleaning up white folks messes and raising their children in some affluent families come from south of the border.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
There is no such thing as reverse racism- discrimination is discrimination. I don't see the comment as reverse racism- just plain and simple racism. A black judge makes a comment implying blacks are still slaves to white people "...cleaning up white folks' messes for hundreds of years...." Sounds like a black man slagging on white people... and making himself look bad in the process. The comment doesn't even remotely suggest that blacks are equal. So maybe he's even racist against his own race?

Instead of reflecting on history, and trying to rise above the situation(s), making oneself better than the environment, it's just a lot of "us vs. them" mentality. And this makes it rather difficult for those of us who want the country to move forward, be better people as a whole, to find sympathy in those actions and genuinely want to help.

The majority of people holding the black community back are the black community- just ask Bill Cosby... and I think MLKJr would agree with him.

[edit on 9/12/2009 by abecedarian]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

Lmao... he wasn't meaning "cleaning" as in running the vacuum and cleaning the dishes.. he was meaning white people mess up society and black folk clean up after them. Hence his comments directed at a prominant black reformist-- reforming ie cleaning the white mans actions.

Hope you get it now.....

Anyways, there is no such thing as reverse racism, racism is racism. That being said, the man is entitled to an opinion, calling for his resignation is a bit extreme.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I got it when I first read it and interpreted it as then 100 years ago cleaning up as in emptying slop jars, washing laundry and cleaning the house.... Today it is reformation of the political and social mess that has been created by mismanagement, corporate greed, wars, and social programs that have set up the Black Hispanic and White poor people to be political pawns and second class citizens that have given up on the system except to take what they can because they have no reason to believe that their votes will be counted or themselves represented..... I grew up in a family that had a wonderful Black lady that worked hard doing work in the house that my mother couldn't or wouldn't do as did other families in my neighborhood and this was in the 1950s and 60s...Things got better for her and her family but since the 80s there has been a lot of problems come about and their lives aren't as promising.

top topics

join