It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex Laws in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I was just looking around and stumbled upon this article. To me this is crazy; laws prohibiting any position other then missionary like in WA. D.C. and making sex between unmarried couples illegal in georgia. Is this a joke or are people actually getting in trouble for this stuff?
If so, these people are insane!

link

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
What's even more funny, is that over half of the people making these outlandish laws, at some time or another, have probably broke a multitude of these so-called "sex laws"....

Isn't sodemy still illegal in most states too? How the hell are they going to find anyone guilty of that? LOL...LOL....LOL....LOL....

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Are you really surprised that they're trying to control what goes on in everyone's bedrooms, and not just homosexuals'?

These are all/mostly old laws though. No one in power NOW voted them in.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by sadisticwoman]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by patent98310

These are old laws that are still on the books. They are still there because no one has bothered to take them off. Do a google search on "stupid laws" or "strange laws" and you will find a ton of old, crazy laws that are still on the books in every state in this country.

I don't think anyone is getting arrested for breaking any of these laws in this day and age.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It was years ago and I don't remember where.. but there was this list of stupid laws still on the books and one was in whatever state, you couldn't have sex while eating ice cream in a moving carriage... Man would I have loved to hear the story behind that one....

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by texaspike09
Isn't sodemy still illegal in most states too? How the hell are they going to find anyone guilty of that? LOL...LOL....LOL....LOL....

Right you are. And if found guilty, they could in theory send you to jail, where you'd more than likely experience the truest definition of irony ever. ROFLMAO!

Edit to add: Here's a link to lots of crazy laws, many involving sex, listed by state. Cheers. www.freerepublic.com...

[edit on 3/19/2009 by Static Sky]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Some of these are so funny, I cant stop laughing:

— It is illegal for a man to fire his gun in Connersville, Wis., when his lover reaches climax.

— A man in Ames, Iowa, cannot take more than three swallows of beer while holding his wife in his arms in bed.

And at some point someone must have tried
OMG:

— Florida once made it illegal to have sexual relations with a porcupine.

— It is illegal for men in Minnesota to have intimate sexual relationships with a live fish.

— If you’re a member of the Nevada legislature, you cannot conduct business, while in session, wearing a penis costume.

Can you imagine these 911 calls?

— An old law in California made it illegal for either partner to reach climax before the other during foreplay.

Operator: 911, what is your emergency?
Caller: My partner is a criminal, he/she ....... before me!!!
Operator: Sending LEO right away for arrest

But this?
Really? This can not be true

— Sex with an animal is perfectly legal for men in Washington state, as long as the animal weighs less than 40 pounds.

[edit on 3/19/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

That bit about WA is true I think.

There was a guy who died from massive internal injuries not long ago from submitting himself to a horse.

Turns out he was at some "farm" where they pimped animals for sex and the deal with the horse was illegal but so many other things were not.

Here we go:

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
As absurd as it sounds, Texas tried to enforce one of it's "sex laws" as recently as six years ago. The police responded to a call about weapons in a residence. When they arrived they caught two men involved in a consentual sexual act and arrested them. The case eventually went to the US Supreme Court and the law was struck down. If I remember correctly this same law made any form of oral sex illegal as well as sodomy.

Lawrence vs. Texas

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cameoii
As absurd as it sounds, Texas tried to enforce one of it's "sex laws" as recently as six years ago. The police responded to a call about weapons in a residence. When they arrived they caught two men involved in a consentual sexual act and arrested them. The case eventually went to the US Supreme Court and the law was struck down. If I remember correctly this same law made any form of oral sex illegal as well as sodomy.

Lawrence vs. Texas

Im from Texas and I remember a crazy law about sex toys.

Texas law makes it illegal for a woman to own more then 6 sex toys and may not own a dildo at all. Any device that is made expressly to provoke the genital area is off limits to Texans. The Texas Penal code clearly states what constitutes a sex toy, "obscene devices designed or marketed as useful primarily for the stimulation of human genital organs." In the past the police unit in Austin Texas has done raids on local shops that were suspected of carrying such nefarious naughty knick knacks.

Ah and here is a one stop site for all the Sex Laws in the countrywww.sexlaws.org...

[edit on 3/19/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Florida Sex Laws:

Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.
Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.
When having sex, only the missionary position is legal.
It is considered an offense to shower naked
Oral sex is illegal.
You may not kiss your wife's breasts.
It is illegal to molest a Key deer. If caught one will be fined or will have to go to jail. (Big Pine Key)
Persons may not appear in public clothed in liquid latex.(Satellite Beach)

www.bitoffun.com...

And in Florida Current Events:

TALLAHASSEE - Broward Sen. Nan Rich's bill to make bestiality a crime is moving toward becoming law, picking up a unanimous committee approval Tuesday.

Florida is among 16 states that don't outlaw sex with animals. Rich's bill would make it a third-degree felony.

"These are heinous crimes and people belong in jail, who commit these kind of crimes," said Rich, D-Weston. "There's a tremendous correlation between sexually deviant behavior and crimes against children and crimes against animals."

The Senate's Agriculture Committee tacked on an amendment that exempts veterinary practices and animal husbandry — raising and breeding livestock — from the law. That prompted confusion from Sen. Larcenia Bullard, D-Miami.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.sun-sentinel.com...

What!!!! The Agriculture Committee wants veterinary practices and "animal husbandry"???....
Oh Florida....

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

It is considered an offense to shower naked

Hmmmmm......can't get very clean when one is clothed.

:shk:

join