It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Audio Included] Are NASA Astronauts Free To Talk Or Are They Monitored At All Times? You Decide.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I found an audio clip with astronaut Edgar Mitchell. It is interesting because when asked a very direct question: 1. There was a technical glitch; 2. He pretended he didn't hear it or 3. Someone was monitoring the call and made sure Mitchell didn't hear the question nor answer it. The question was: "Dr. Mitchell. Did you see anything on the Moon that NASA did not show us nor tell us?" I haven't heard this anywhere else. What do you think? The audio clip starts when he's answering a question and at about 30 seconds is when the incident happens. I have my opinion, but I'm curious to know yours. I think someone was listening and made sure he couldn't hear it.

I posted it here because there is talk about extraterrestrials during the clip. It could very well be in the Conspiracies forum too.

CLICK FOR AUDIO

[edit on 19-3-2009 by nasa77]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
You left out another possibility; 4. It's a hoax.

The "interviewer's" voice sounds dubbed to me.

[edit on 3/19/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Run that through an audio editing program Phage, if there is any overdubbing done, that can be seen on the waveform, as well as the file header.

Which I just did, and that isnt any overdubbing, sounds to me like it is a straight through interview that got interrupted on the phone lines between the interviewer and the interviewee.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I was going to do exactly that when I got to work in the morning... I see you beat me to it.

Will still give it a once over, but I feel confident (since we work in similar fields) I will fall to the same conclusion you did.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
No, they're not free to talk. You are not suddenly allowed to talk about classified information just because you retire. Either he is doing it anyway, with no reprisals, or (most likely) he is just another part of the elite's plan to release information.

He just so happens to come out and speak at a time when the media has done a big backflip in the way they try to control people's thoughts on the UFO subject.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I've got some nifty quotes from various astronaute communications, most during the Apollo missions. If you'd like, I'd be happy to post them tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Indeed, post them! I would like to hear them and I am sure others would too.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
reply to post by RFBurns

I was going to do exactly that when I got to work in the morning... I see you beat me to it.

Will still give it a once over, but I feel confident (since we work in similar fields) I will fall to the same conclusion you did.

I ran it through two different audio editing programs, Adobe Audition 5 and Cool Edit Pro, none of them show any indication that the clip is assembled or overdubbed. Its good to get a second prospective too. Let us know what you find.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Waveform just looks at amplitude doesn't it? It isn't hard to adjust levels when dubbing.
This is what I got with a frequency spectrum view.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/0f3bb3d05d466570.png[/atsimg]

I'm no expert but this looks pretty odd

Something that really raises my suspicion is why would the guy not repeat the question? It's not like Mitchell is one to keep secrets. It just doesn't ring true.

[edit on 3/19/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

In the audio editor, on most good ones anyway, you can select to view the waveform amplitude or frequency spectrum. It looks like you have the frequency spectrum displayed.

The interviewer is using a normal microphone, and the interviewee is on the telephone. The telephone sound is a very narrow bandwidth and will often show up on the frequency spectrum with higher peaks than the normal microphone does.

Try displaying the waveform amplitude, that will be better to see if there are obvious overdubbed waveforms inserted into the audio chain. To find those, simply look for sudden changes in the amplitudes on the zero line. If it is consistant, there should be a certian level of floor noise, since all audio equipment, including a microphone and telephone, generates a certian noise floor level.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Here are two captures in Adobe Audition of the clip in question

The first image is of the entire waveform. Note where I placed the white section within the waveform, this area is right after the sound of the phone hanging up. Naturally there would be silence and almost no noise floor at that point.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9f1ef9f3922.jpg[/atsimg]

In this second photo, I have streched the waveform out to see the zero line and noise floor better. The white section is in the same area as it is in the first photo. Note the noise floor in the waveform at the zero line, it is consistant, the only near zero noise level is in the white area after the phone hangs up.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/679957a1b828.jpg[/atsimg]

The waveform is consistant along the entire length of the clip, as is the noise level at the zero line up to the point where the phone hangs up, and then the noise floor rises again when the phone call resumes.

The clip is whole and contains no overdubbs. If there were overdubbs or if it was assembled, the noise floor level would vary drastically in between each inserted audio dub or assembly.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Dang it ATS, I have to get my daughter up and off to school in 3 hours. I might as well put some coffee on and stay up now.

I'll get to prepping that thread now RFBurns.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
reply to post by RFBurns

Dang it ATS, I have to get my daughter up and off to school in 3 hours. I might as well put some coffee on and stay up now.

I'll get to prepping that thread now RFBurns.

An all nighter at ATS eh?
I and the other members really appreciate you staying up like that to post those clips! If I could, I would send you a cup of my special coffee house blend of fresh roast and French Vanilla cup of joe!

Thanks for the devoted effort! It is admirable!!

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 19-3-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The "interviewer's" voice sounds dubbed to me.

It doesn't sound dubbed to me, but I'm no expert. I found the original raw clip: CLICK HERE

They seem to record the microphone in a different track and this is the raw telephone conversation. This may elminiate your hoax possibility.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Phage, I can assure you that it's not a hoax. I won't mention names, but I do know the interviewer.. and this really happened near the end of the show, he even left it out of the show later.. I just find it interesting that when he asked this one particular question, Dr. Mitchell get's cut off (or so it seems).. maybe there was nothing sinister about it in reality, after all.. these problems do happen with comm in real life, but it is intriguing that this happened just when he asked this specific question.. I also wonder if it is possible that Mitchell deliberately avoided this question. Who knows eh?

Peace

top topics

join