It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for books related to this material...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Just recently, I've decided I want to being to dig deep into the topic of extraterrestrials. I'm trying to find a good starting point on all of this though, that talks about the subject as a whole, maybe. I have a basic knowledge of known advocates and ufologists, but I still don't know what to read. So far, I've considered:

Stanton T. Friedman - On many documentaries, he's a physicist, knows his stuff
Jim Marrs - I've known about Alien Agenda for a while
David Icke - Crazy conspiracies involving reptilians, sounds very intriguing
Philip J. Imbrogno - not well known, but his book "Interdimensional Universe" seems to be a good starting point

I'm sure some of you have seen this "list" (it's on Amazon quite a bit) that contains the "best" books relating to these topics. One such name that appears is Maximillien de Lafayette. What is the deal with this? I've looked up this guy using Google and just found a bunch of badly coded websites. I then used the Search feature here and it seems to be there is no Maximillien de Lafayette. So wait, is this a conspiracy about a guy talking about conspiracies? Regardless, the topics in "his" books seem intriguing.

any help on what to read would be appreciated.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by arkturus

Instead of spending your money, research it here...there is alot of info on this site...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I am currently reading one of his books now.

There is a thread about him on ATS...sorry, I'm having connection problems otherwiser I'd link it for you. You can search it here and I'm sure you'll find it.

I've very skeptical about this 'guy' - he puts out at least a book a month, quite pricey as well. The layout of the book is very strange. You know what it looks like to me....as if someone sat on google, printed out one or two of the results and made a book out of them. Also, it's not well edited.

::breaks out the familiar pom-poms:: Best bang for my buck has been Jim Marrs. And if you get it from Amazon and they try to give ya buy two and get a deal thing - Rule By Secrecy is a must have. I'd even suggest reading it before reading Alien Agenda. Jim Marrs is a respected journalist who backs his information up with source and fact not just musings.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Thanks, I'll definitely look more into what Jim Marrs has to offer.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by arkturus

Major Kevin Randle and Timothy Good are recommended, with Maj Randle having expertise in Roswell. Also Jacques Vallee is recommended for his alternative theories regarding UFOs.

Graham Hancock and Colin Wilson touch on them with their books, and have other interesting ideas too.

Have fun and enjoy, as a lot of these authors' books can be bought quite cheaply used out there.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by arkturus[/url]

I would advise you to start with Erich von Daniken, a very prolific Swiss author from the 50's and 60's era.

His books, the first being "Chariot of the Gods" (subtitled "Was God an Astronaut?") is world famous and should be easy to find in good second hand book stores or the local library.

Other titles include:

"The Gold of the Gods", "Miracles of the Gods", "Return to the Stars",

"In Search of Ancient Gods: My Pictorial Evidence for the Impossible",

"Pathways to the Gods:Kiribati", "Signs of the Gods",

"Arrival of the Gods: Revealing the Alien Landing Sites at Nazca",

"According to the Evidence: My Proof of Man's Extraterrestrial Origins",

Many people (myself included) regard Erich von Daniken as the father of
UFO and Extraterrestrial theories.

I suggest his books as a good and sound grounding in this vastly overwhelming subject.

Having checked Amazon and Play.com, I found you can still obtain most of his books.

I do hope you follow my advice because even today, his theories are simply breathtaking.

new topics

top topics

join