It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jilted Man Throws Himself to Tigers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Date: April 20 2004

A jilted husband tried to kill himself by throwing himself into the tiger enclosure at a zoo in central China.

The depressed man hoped to be eaten alive after climbing into the tiger enclosure in Wuhan Dongxihu Shengshan Happy World, the South China Morning Post reported yesterday.

Zookeepers distracted the tigers by throwing them chickens and then hauled the man to safety, the newspaper said.

The man became suicidal after his wife dumped him.

DPA

www.smh.com.au...

Even though I think suicide is wrong, I think I could come up with a million less painful methods than than that.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Geeze that is so sad, That poor guy must of been
really hurt to want to do that,

Im glad he got rescued maybe he can get over this somehow,

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
And another point for the Darwinians!

Spiderj

Throwing yourself to the tigers, what a tool.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Hey thats a good book!

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
People shouldn't kill themselves over mates. All you need to do is find you another vagina (using this instead of a less preferred word)

For woman. find another penis.

Oh yeah, get someone who interest you and stimulates your mind. I heard some people are into that.

Once you kill yourself there isno chance you will find that new someone.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crazyhorse

Date: April 20 2004
Zookeepers distracted the tigers by throwing them chickens and then hauled the man to safety, the newspaper said.

Too bad those poor chickens had to die for this guy!

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Now there is a bizarre coincidence. We had a guy at our zoo try to kill himself by climbing into an African Lion enclosure back in 1990. He was not successful because the male lion bit off one of his fingers as the guy was scaling the chain link. That caused him to re-think the entire plan. He survived, mostly intact, and later tried to sue the zoo because no effort was made to recover the severed digit. So much for crazy.

Man, never would I have thought that "death by wild animal" would be a popular suicide choice.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I've been throug some pretty tramatic events in my 30 some years on this earth, but I can honestly say that I have never even once thought of taking my own life.

I really feel sorry for these people, they must hurt unbelievably....

I pray for them all.

top topics

join