It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient America Rocked!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Thanks for the information
punkinworks I thank you also this is a great topic keep it coming I'll check out all the links provided I am looking for a specific article that was posted a couple of years back on a web page I cant seem to find it and it has not yet been posted in this thread I'll post it if I find it.

Stay tuned.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes the strike is an interesting development. I suspect it'll be about 10-15 years until the full range of its impact on NA will be known. I also suspect that they are right in suspecting that it was a series of strikes.

Nanodiamonds in the Younger Dryas Boundary Sediment Layer

Abstract of the paper on the strike

We report abundant nanodiamonds in sediments dating to 12.9 ± 0.1 thousand calendar years before the present at multiple locations across North America. Selected area electron diffraction patterns reveal two diamond allotropes in this boundary layer but not above or below that interval. Cubic diamonds form under high temperature-pressure regimes, and n-diamonds also require extraordinary conditions, well outside the range of Earth's typical surficial processes but common to cosmic impacts. N-diamond concentrations range from 10 to 3700 parts per billion by weight, comparable to amounts found in known impact layers.

These diamonds provide strong evidence for Earth's collision with a rare swarm of carbonaceous chondrites or comets at the onset of the Younger Dryas cool interval, producing multiple airbursts and possible surface impacts, with severe repercussions for plants, animals, and humans in North America.

The full paper is a PDF at:

PDF

You can also find more papers on extinction events and ET impacts at this guys class

www.uky.edu...

Thanks to Paul H for the original posting of these links at the Hall of Ma'at

[edit on 25/3/09 by Hanslune]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

BINGO
Thanks Hans

Let me ask if anybody has some impact locations or dispersal patterns? This had to be very large. Tunguska keeps coming to mind when I read all of this it must have been incredible.

I always wondered when I would read about the massive bone grave yards of extinct fauna all located in one spot. They could have all been literally wiped from the ground in massive ice melt run off like a log jam and deposited in one massive grave location.

Excerpts from: The Pleistocene Extinction

Instead he found MILES OF MUCK filled with the remains of mammoth, mastodon, several kinds of bison, horses, wolves, bears, and lions. Just north of Fairbanks, Hibbens and his associates watched as bulldozers pushed the half-melted muck into sluice boxes for the extraction of gold.

Animal tusks and bones rolled up in front of the blades "like shavings before a giant plane." The carcasses were found in all attitudes of death, most of them "pulled apart by the same unexplainable prehistoric catastrophic disturbance." (Hibben, 1946)

The evidence of the violence of nature combined with the stench of rotting carcasses was staggering. The ice fields containing these remains stretched for hundred of miles in every direction. (Hibben, 1946) Trees and animals, layers of peat and mosses, twisted and mangled together like some giant mixer had jumbled them some 10,000 years ago, and then froze them into a solid mass.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Howdy Slayer

Oh one minor point, the quote is from (or reportedly from) The Lost Americans by Frank Hibbens not old Leonard. That page had a touch of woo to it so the quote may not be completely legit.

The Carolina bays are thought to be craters from these event(s) but the data from this is very varied and mixed but in general they show impacts from range of dates that meet the criteria. See the chart here:

www.hallofmaat.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
ooops wrong one the upload didn't work my bad

[edit on 25-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Hey Slayer

Nice scenes but the relevance to this topic is?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Well apparently I uploaded the wrong video and never checked to see if it was right

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

i havnt seen that one

very interesting

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Hoho! Hey it did have nice pictures but I was wondering what that was about!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

It's a work in progress project video for yet another thread I'm working on I posted it in the media center and I grabbed the wrong one and posted it I was in a big hurry last night when I posted it and didn't bother to check lol

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
The one that gets my blood going is when they destroyed all the Aztec books
Who knows what History, Myths, and every day events were simply wiped out because of religion

I'm pretty sure there was a lot more than their religious views written down.

Slayer,
I'm with you on this, man, but it needs to be pointed out that when they got here, they found the Aztecs and the Maya ripping the beating hearts out of captive enemies in sacrifice to their Gods.

Both cultures (IIRC) thought that they had to do this to keep time going, strangely enough.

What would you expect a Christian Missionary of the time to think of such barbarous acts?

Are we going to limit ourselves to referring to such heinous deeds as "cultural modes of worship?"

They absolutely were savages, albeit civilized by definition.
No less savage than the Europeans that slew most of them.

Also, you posted a clip from "The Mysterious Origins of Man." Duuude!

You should be ashamed of yourself for that.

The show was so bad that it's producers actually got sued.

Networks have agreed never to show it again.

Go to talk origins and search on that title to see how many different ways Heston is lying to you.

You can find several papers on it posted at The Hall of Maat as well. Not in the forum section - in a different section - I forget the name - but if you look, you'll find it.

Once you do this, maybe you'll agree to take that stupiod, idiotic, lying piece of crap clip down from this site! LOL.

Harte

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thanks Harte

Back on topic
Here is a pretty good series I'll embed them here for those of you have not seen them before. Well worth the time spent watching enjoy.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

What would you expect a Christian Missionary of the time to think of such barbarous acts?

Are we going to limit ourselves to referring to such heinous deeds as "cultural modes of worship?"

The Dawn of the Maya Part 4 (National Geographic) Archaeologists are uncovering the early years of the ancient Maya to reveal a culture more dynamic and sophisticated than ever believed,

(added ex tags)

Mod Note: Embedding Videos - Please Review Rule 1j.) ... of the T & C

[edit on Fri Mar 27 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Sorry double post

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well OK! I'll re post the video. For all of you who U2Ud me it is available in our new video/media deal but here it is again

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well OK! I'll re post the video. For all of you who U2Ud me it is available in our new video/media deal but here it is again

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
There are hundreds of accounts over the past few centuries, about the discovery of very large humans skeletons all over North America. The skeletons are 7-10 feet tall. apparently they predate the native americans. many are found with copper bracelets and silver belts and so on, suggesting a somewhat advanced culture. some of the stories are pretty incredible, including skeletons found with steel helms with horns-much like the vikings, and gold coins.

one interesting commonality among the large people is that they have a double row of teeth, all the way around. and many reports claim a human head fits easily inside the skulls found.

"The Scientific American, in 1883, published the following account:

Two miles from Mandan, on the bluffs near the junction of the Hart and Missouri Rivers, says the local newspaper, the Pioneer, is an old Cemetery of fully 100 acres in extent filled with bones of a giant race. This vast city of the dead lies just east of the Fort Lincoln road. The ground has the appearance of having been filled with trenches piled full of dead bodies, both man and beast, and covered with several feet of earth. In many places mounds from 8 to 10 feet high, and some of them 100 feet or more in length, have been thrown up and are filled with bones, broken pottery, vases of various bright colored flint, and agates ... showing the work of a people skilled in the arts and possessed of a high state of civilization. This has evidently been a grand battlefield, where thousands of men ... have fallen. ...Five miles above Mandan, on the opposite side of the Missouri, is another vast cemetery, as yet unexplored. We asked an aged Indian what his people knew of these ancient grave yards. He answered: "Me know nothing about them. They were here before the red man."

apparently whenever the Smithsonian gets involved, the evidence tends to vanish. there was a report (unverified) about the Smithsonian museum taking a barge full of artifacts and dumping them in the Atlantic ocean. but no one knows, since most of the Smithsonian's collection can only be viewed by employees and government officials.

So, there is a very convincing theory that a group of large humans inhabited parts of north america for some time and may have predated the native Americans. despite the (often) religious motivations behind the theory, the large numbers of stories and scattered evidence is hard to ignore.

www.burlingtonnews.net...
www.geocities.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
When you also post videos, could you post a link to some text that talks about what's in there? While I'm very interested in the subject, like some of the others on the board I don't have the time to sit through 8 videos to find out what your point is.

(actually, I don't have the patience, either. Vids are pretty reference light and if you think a point sounds weird you have to back up and find the point and try listening again.)

Anyway, got text? It'd REALLY be appreciated by this reader!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

If you're referring to the video I made it's a work in progress as I stated above also on the video media area I have stated such in the comments. I should have posted that here my bad.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by KotovSyndrome
There are hundreds of accounts over the past few centuries, about the discovery of very large humans skeletons all over North America.

No, there really is not hundreds of accounts of this.

Originally posted by KotovSyndrome "The Scientific American, in 1883, published the following account:

Two miles from Mandan, on the bluffs near the junction of the Hart and Missouri Rivers, says the local newspaper, the Pioneer, is an old Cemetery of fully 100 acres in extent filled with bones of a giant race. This vast city of the dead lies just east of the Fort Lincoln road.

Says the local paper, not the Smithsonian.

Originally posted by KotovSyndromeapparently whenever the Smithsonian gets involved, the evidence tends to vanish.

So, in what way was the Smithsonian "involved" here? Your own claim states no such involvement.

Originally posted by KotovSyndrome
there was a report (unverified) about the Smithsonian museum taking a barge full of artifacts and dumping them in the Atlantic ocean.

"there was a report (unconfirmed)?"

Hey, there was a report (unconfirmed) that you made this entire thing up yourself.

Originally posted by KotovSyndrome but no one knows, since most of the Smithsonian's collection can only be viewed by employees and government officials.

That, my friend, is a baldfaced lie. Nothing more.

Originally posted by KotovSyndrome So, there is a very convincing theory that a group of large humans inhabited parts of north america for some time and may have predated the native Americans. despite the (often) religious motivations behind the theory, the large numbers of stories and scattered evidence is hard to ignore.

No, there is no such "convincing theory." There is at most a completely unconvincing claim.

Link to this "large number" of stories, please. I am certain they all stem from one silly claim made by one newspaper of that time.

Apparently you are unaware of the sort of tripe newspapers used to print in that day and age. You should read Mark Twain's essays. Some of them are just this sort of editorializing done back then 9in this case, by Twain himself when he was a newspaper writer in Virginia City (for the Territorial Enterprise,) and later in San Francisco.

Harte

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join