It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient America Rocked!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Thanks

As if I made it

I know every chance I get to find new stuff I post it like this Giant precolumbian statue it rivals some of the largest stones of the old world.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f0291b414186.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c88f063d723.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/80241f6589a0.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 19-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Damn that thing is HUUUUGE! lol.
And it's beautiful, how long did it take you to lovingly craft it???

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Good thread and well-set out, I think the best threads offer links to let us go and trawl for new ideas and information. You make no extraordinary claims, it's all pretty reasonable. The growing evidence is supporting the idea of population groups moving in the Americas pre-Clovis. With the growing and shrinking glaciers and the loss of Beringia, I have the image of 'Mother Nature' sweeping away the footprints. We currently have small areas indicating habitation and seemingly no way of determining how they got there. The world was a much bigger place thousands of years ago, and the Earth is shy about its history

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/495f32fe8ba9.jpg[/atsimg]Pre-Inca Observatory Is Oldest in Americas, Study Says

A mysterious set of monuments in Peru make up the oldest solar observatory in the Americas, according to a new study. The 2,300-year-old Thirteen Towers of Chankillo were used for marking the sun's position throughout the year—an activity that was part of the sun-worshipping culture of the Inca, the study authors said.

Towers of Chankillo photo Enlarge Photo _ Printer Friendly Email to a Friend What's This? SHARE Digg StumbleUpon Reddit RELATED * Tombs of Pre-Inca Elite Discovered Under Peru Pyramid (November 27, 2006) * Photos: Inca Sites and Artifacts * Corn, Arrowroot Fossils in Peru Change Views on Pre-Inca Culture (March 2, 2006) The large stone towers are arranged in a line along a ridge near Chankillo, a walled hilltop ruin north of Lima.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Nothing to see here people

Let's keep moving.
Move along

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
The growing evidence is supporting the idea of population groups moving in the Americas pre-Clovis. With the growing and shrinking glaciers and the loss of Beringia, I have the image of 'Mother Nature' sweeping away the footprints. We currently have small areas indicating habitation and seemingly no way of determining how they got there. The world was a much bigger place thousands of years ago, and the Earth is shy about its history

I think the more time passes the more we will find.
It's like a giant jigsaw puzzle.
One piece at a time.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Also now we can take another look at some of the supposed
Out of Place Artifacts. I highly doubt it is millions of years old more like a few thousand and that's pushing it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/461a2fd32bbc.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Here is a follow up on the Paisley site.

Researchers, led by UO archaeologist, find pre-Clovis human DNA

DNA from dried human excrement recovered from Oregon's Paisley Caves is the oldest found yet in the New World -- dating to 14,300 years ago, some 1,200 years before Clovis culture -- and provides apparent genetic ties to Siberia or Asia, according to an international team of 13 scientists.

Among the researchers is Dennis L. Jenkins, a senior archaeologist with the University of Oregons Museum of Natural and Cultural History, whose summer field expeditions over two summers uncovered a variety of artifacts in caves that had caught the scientific attention of the UOs Luther Cressman in the 1930s.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
All of this is awesome.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Awesome post!
I live for Ancient american history!

Just so you know (and it wasn't too long ago) I got an undergrad degree in anthropology and it was common practice these days to dismiss the Bering Strait theory and concentrate on the Monte Verde site as the smoking gun...Most of my professors seemed to prefer the ancient boat theory!!!!

There is now convincing evidence of human habitation sites that date earlier than the Clovis culture including sites located in South America. Monte Verde, a well-studied site located along a river near southern central Chile, dates 12,500 years ago. This site contains the buried remnants of dwellings, stone tools including large bifacial projectile points, and preserved medicinal and edible plants. How did people manage to settle this far south at such an early date? A coastal migration route is now gaining more acceptance, rather than the older view of small bands moving on foot across the middle of the land bridge between Siberia and Alaska and into the continents. Emerging evidence suggests that people with boats moved along the Pacific coast into Alaska and northwestern Canada and eventually south to Peru and Chile by 12,500 years ago—and perhaps much earlier. Archaeological evidence in Australia, Melanesia, and Japan indicate boats were in use as far back as 25,000 to 40,000 years ago. Sea routes would have provided abundant food resources and easier and faster movement than land routes. Many coastal areas were unglaciated at this time, providing opportunities for landfall along the way. Several early sites along the coast of Canada, California, Peru, Ecuador, and Chile date between 10,000 and 12,000 years ago. Many potential coastal sites are now submerged, making investigation difficult.

www.si.edu...

Event the Smithsonian will agree!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
F'd and the S.

Great thoroughly researched post. I've always been fascinated with ancient American culture (North and South) as well as ancient Middle Eastern culture. I think our history will continue to be re-written for the next couple thousand years as new artifacts and sites are uncovered.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

While I do love ancient research we can't deny certain other facts. Mainly the Caucasian tribes described by the Spanish when they were exploring over here on the Cali side. There is also a large list of skellies that seem to be caucasoid and dating to before the Native Americans crossing over on the Bearing strait.

Kennewick man: a 9300-year-old caucasian skeleton in north america? The town of Kennewick, Washington, has lent its name to this ferociously controversial skeleton. It all began when the local sheriff asked anthropologist J. Chatters to take a look at a partially buried skeleton found on the shore of the Columbia River. (Ref. 1) "From head to toe, the bones were largely intact. The skeleton was that of a man, middle-aged at death, with Caucasian features, judging by skull measurements. Imbedded in the pelvis was a spearhead made of rock." Chatters initially thought he had merely a "pioneer" who had met an untimely death in the Wild West! "The real stunner came last month [June 1996], after bone samples were sent to the University of California at Riverside for radiocarbon dating. The conclusion: the skeleton of the 'pioneer' is 9,300 years old." (Ref. 2)

Link

Of course Kennewick man was taken back before things could be scientifically proven, (they did hold them off for a while but not long enough to get conclusive evidence), by the Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation act. See that act lets them take anyone who was here before the documented discovery by Europeans of the Americas into one class. Native American. And while that is a good thing on some levels it allows them to claim the right to re bury these finds. And it's not just Kennewick.

DNA analysis would surely verify he was actually Caucasian, everyone knew, except none of the laboratories could extract a testable sample. Meanwhile, during this examination period, five American Indian tribes were insisting on possessing these remains for burial purposes. The tribes were citing their legal right (as claimants) under the 1990 Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA). The Indians were stalled however until the various examinations were completed. Due to the fact DNA analysis was not technically possible, it was therefore necessary to rely on other means to determine the ancestry of these remains but it ended up being more-so the legal criteria, and less-so the scientific assurance, which ultimately determined these remains were of Mongoloid (Asian) origins… effectively meaning that he was, from a legal standpoint more than from a scientific standpoint, an ‘America Indian’.

Link

And this is just one example. There are a multitude of others. This is a thorn in the side of people who want actual research done.

In the coming weeks, three ancient skeletons, whose cultural affiliation is not established with any living people, will be given to a coalition of Minnesota Sioux tribes, along with a collection of historically and culturally affiliated human remains. These three skeletons, known as the Minnesota Woman (or Pelican Rapids Woman, 7840 BP), Browns Valley Man (8,900 BP), and Saulk Valley Man (about 4,000 BP) are under the care of Hamline University, Saint Paul, Minnesota. They have been included in a repatriation agreement with Minnesota's Indian Claims Commission and will be repatriated under NAGPRA, a federal law.

Link

Actually what's interesting is that Kennewick was found with a clove point in his butt. Sooooo yea. But I don't think there's anything wrong with learning about the cultures we know existed so far, but I don't think it's right to downplay the other things that we are still finding today.

But I like your article. Good research, but we don't have all the facts yet so things can always change. =)

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
My personal belief is that the first wave of humans into the new world was from europe, the soultrean hyp..

Eventually the complete body of evidence will show this to be true.

First off, there is no asian analog for the clovis point, yet there is a european analog.

The some of the oldest sites in NA are on the east coast, and predate the intercontinetal ice free passage.

Although genetics show that 95% of all native americans orginated with common siberian population, that 5% is what is left of the previous inahbitants.

There are two type of teeth in modern humans, sinodonty and sundadonty.
Sinodonts comprise northern asian populations(han chinese, mongolians, siberians japanese, koreans and native americans, showing that they decended from a common siberian lineage.
Sundadonts are africans, cuacasians, malysians , thia's ,phillipinos and aboriginal austrailians.
All current native americans are sinodonts, but kennewick man is a sundadont. Very out of place in the current theory, there are also sites in CA and NV that have very old remains,9-10K years old, that show signs of being caucasoid, i would like to find out about thier dentition.
Some skulls found in very old south american sites are also sundadonts.

If early peoples from asia could follow the coastal ice in boats then why not people from europe?
There is also now a school of thought that the same thing might have happend in the southern hemisphere, with people following the southern pack ice.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
WOW!!

Great thread man

I'm from Australia and I've often done some anthropological research on the origins of the Aborigine culture. I don't have any links or info handy at the moment but the general consensus is that they migrated south from Asia but there are a lot of holes in the theory. More on that when I have the info handy.

VERY interesting to see a similarity between them and skeletal remains in NA. This, I'll be watching closely

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Another fascinating thread Slayer69! Star and flagged again.

I think the biggest argument going on now is the idea of pre-Clovis peoples in America before the suggested time frame of 13,000 years ago. A well put together post, but it does raise even more questions.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I know tell me about. I've made several trips to my local library but the small town in Oregon I live in now is lacking. This is one of the few times I miss my old home town of LA Cal or my old adopted town of Baltimore MD either had great Libraries

So the research is slow. Kennewick man is very interesting to say the least however he is only one example and all be it old he is not very old but still makes one wonder about being the wrong race and in the wrong location at the wrong time

The questions keep mounting.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I heard they found a 9,300-year-old Kennewick Man from Washington State that most closely resembles Polynesians of the South Pacific. Some say the Chinese were here in 2250 BC, they have records of some sort to be an accurate description of the Grand Canyon.. I don’t know much about this subject but know the first person here was not an Indian. If that makes sense. I heard they found ancient Chinese remains but don’t remember the source..I noticed down below, that one of the pictures is that of a Chinese girl. Maybe I missed your conclusion?? No offense to Indians.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Good point however that is still a little late in the game the question comes down to just how early was man in the Americas and when did he get here. Who was first really doesnt matter. It's not like people are going to stake a genetic claim or anything.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Boogley

Thanks for the very well thought out reply true the verdict is still out on the kennewick man.

Side note: I never knew he had a clovis point in his butt

Thats too funny.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join