It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An actual ape man!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The quote below is from the YouTube video description. There is more to read in the link.

Bassou lives in the Valley of Dades, near the town of Skoura, in Morocco. He sleeps in the trees there and subsists on dates, berries, and insects. He wears no clothes (although he was persuaded to don a burlap sack for the photograph which appears here), uses no tools, and speaks only in grunts.

Is he a hybrid, the missing link, is it some kind of genetic disorder, or maybe it's fake? If this is real, than it has to be the most amazing thing I have ever seen!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

atavisms occur. Whether they are mutations, or atavisms is hard to say.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It looks like he has microcephaly. Maybe his parents dumped him as a child because of this and he raised himself. I saw a tv show on the microephalic people of pakistan. Here's an article about the "rat people" of Pakistan.
There is an image of one on this weblink.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 18-3-2009 by virraszto]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
www.quasi-modo.net...

I highly suspect that many stories of "other" humanoids throughout history, have been groupings of people who congregated together after being "cast out" from regular society. Like this Bassou.

Dwarves are.....well dwarves for example. Children cast out to of the village, or farm community. Who ended up living together for safety.

Because the traits tend to be genetic, and the people in the area have a high concentration of a particular trait where starts to show up more. Eventually the whole population is related too closely, and the trait starts showing up more. Cousins of cousins of cousins of cousins marrying over and over and over again.

Changeling fairy stories being porphyria or progeria.

Jumping to hybrids and such should not be your FIRST stop on the thought train.

[edit on 2009/3/18 by Aeons]

[edit on 2009/3/18 by Aeons]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Great article virraszto! If ever there was a good argument against 'kissing cousins', this is it!

Just Say No!

IRM

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this. I had seen pictures of this guy several years ago and was trying to remember his name, but couldn't.

I wish someone would have done a DNA analysis on him. At any rate, I feel sorry for him being cast out like he was.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wow! Very interesting articles. I agree with Lookingup, it would have been interesting to see what was going on in this man's DNA.

Looks to me though like this Bassou had microcephaly from the article presented by virraszto.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It's Dobby!
Looks like Dobby from Harry Potter w/the burlap sack. Maybe he's an elf. Sorry, just had to say it.

new topics

top topics

join