It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's $500,000 book bonanza

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I find this odd.

Five days before he took office?

As he empathized with recession-weary Americans, President Obama arranged in the days just before he took office to secure a $500,000 advance for a children's book project, a disclosure report shows.

The terms of the book deal were disclosed in a Senate financial disclosure report filed Tuesday.

Analysts say there don't appear to be any rules that would bar such transactions after a president takes office, but it's unclear whether an incoming or sitting president has ever signed a book deal upon entering the White House.

"I don't recall any sitting president entering into a book deal," said campaign finance lawyer Jan Baran, former general counsel to the Republican National Committee. "They all have historically done that after they leave office.

"I recall the only ones who did sign book deals while living there were first ladies, and my recollection is they gave it to charity.

Is he working on this now?

How about focusing on the country?
www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
There is already a childrens book about Obama.

If its by Obama or not, I don't know.

Why a child needs a book about Obama, I don't know that either.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
There is already a childrens book about Obama.

If its by Obama or not, I don't know.

Why a child needs a book about Obama, I don't know that either.

What is he doing?

this is a first.

I mean this guy is all over the place,

[edit on 103131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yea they aren't by President Obama

Here is a link to where I saw the book and notice at the bottom there is another childrens book call Barack.

www.target.com...=1-11/qid=1237434640/ref=sr_1_11/182-2891840-4743268?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&index= books&rh=k%3Aobama&page=1

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Oh you can bet another 500,000 he is working on it now.

It's a great children's book too. I bet I can even guess the plot!

Johnny, Tayesha, Jose, Lily, Rasheed, Chong, and Ohmar are all at an Obama youth day camp.

They like it very much. They like to watch the videos where President Obama tells them about "Values".

You see boys and girls not all Mommies and Daddies know all the right "Values" themselves.

They are learning every day to be better citizens, just like you!

Lily got a free Obama pin today because she told the teacher and the whole class about her mommy and Daddy didn't know the right "values" about something and she told them what it was!

The teacher even wrote her up a special commendation and sent a copy to the Camp Instructers office so he would know too!

He's a very nice man, he is always fun and he knows the kind of values that good boys and girls and their mommies and Daddies should always know and use too.

Late in the day he stopped and gave Lily the President Obama salute like she was the camp Director he was so impressed on her knowing values so well.

Even though Jose was happy for her, he felt a bit jealous about Lily getting so much attention. He wondered what he could do too at camp that the other children and the teachers and Instructors would make such a fuss over him.

Jealousy is wrong boys and girls but knowing and teaching others values is the most important thing. That's how we all get along as good citizens!

During the next class Jose got excited when the Instructor spotted Lily's pin and said that more and more good little boys and girls all across the country were getting pins like hers for helping thier parents learn values!

It was hard for Jose to pay attention then, he was so busy thinking about what his own mommy and daddy might be doing wrong with their values, that he could help them learn from things he had already learned at the camp.

Jose had a few good ideas about those all ready. He had won the values contest quiz that his home period class has at the end of the day three times last month!

He thought the chocolate bars they handed out for prizes were the best he ever tasted and he loved putting the sticker that had President Obama's picture and his name and "Values" on his shirt or notebook.

There sure was a lot of fun to be enjoyed everyday at Camp Obama while learning how to be adult and a good citizen with good values.

Omar was still winning most of the Obama fitness contests but Jose was working hard on those too.

Yes I would wager he is working on that book...and he very much feels it's the government's business.

Very important business.

Don't assume that you are the one who is going to be buying the Obama children's book for your child.

Don't assume a copy of it will even come home with them from Camp Obama.

Assume when he said during his campaign that he wants to have Youth Camps for children, plays into what a man about to be sitting as President would have the unmittigated audacity to sign a book deal for 500,000 for children.

Talk about s-c-a-r-e-y. Great find OP.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Assume when he said during his campaign that he wants to have Youth Camps for children, plays into what a man about to be sitting as President would have the unmittigated audacity to sign a book deal for 500,000 for children.

Amazing post, Proto, thanks.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yea they aren't by President Obama

Here is a link to where I saw the book and notice at the bottom there is another childrens book call Barack.

www.target.com...=1-11/qid=1237434640/ref=sr_1_11/182-2891840-4743268?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&index= books&rh=k%3Aobama&page=1

Good grief, highly unusual, everyday a new twist to the Obama saga.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Amazing post, Proto, thanks.

There has not been a politician since Hitler that the powers that be have invested so much time and money in developing a cult of personality around.

I would pay close attention to things they might be introducing and teaching children at school in regards to the new President.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Let me start off right now by saying that I'm an unapologetic liberal, through and through. I vote Liberal here in Canada, where I live, and if I had the chance, I'd vote Democrat in the U.S.A.

Having said that, I must admit, I'm growing increasingly uneasy with the direction of the Obama presidency. Payments from AIG while a senator, then bending over backwards for AIG when elected. Book deals just days before taking office, complete with a $500k advance, while preaching that it's all about sacrifice in tough times. And that's just scratching the surface. It really is unprecedented. All of it.

I'm not quite sure that it all adds up to a pattern yet, but it's leaning in that direction. Considering what's on the line for the entire world, I hope I'm wrong. But I'm starting to get the same sinking feeling I got with Bush.

Maybe they *are* all the same, just with varying degrees of intelligence and/or finesse.

In any case, it's not boding well thus far.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

roflmfao! Oh god that was funny bro, thanks for that. I needed it after all the threads I have beenreading tonight.
I dont know what to say to this, my brain hurts too much from arguing with Southern Guardian most of the night.
I will try to stay on track with the thread though....
I dont know if he is writing it or not, but I dont think a president should be involved in anything outside of his presidential duties. Writing childrens books is not one of them, eventhough that $500,000 deal looks pretty darned good if I was sitting in the office chair, it still isnt right. He needs to be focusing on American problems, not writing lullabys.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I wish we still had WATS votes. You'd get mine for this month!

The market is glutted with Obama crap. Walk into any Barnes and Nobels or Waldens and you are blasted with shelf after shelf of Obama, and wifeypoo, looking out at you from the cover of adult books, kids books, magazines, and book bags.

His kiddie indoctrination book will be a bit late. By the time it comes out the world will have woken up to what he really is .. just another lawyer-politician with nafarious underworld connections who lies.

Wonder if that will be in the book.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

His kiddie indoctrination book will be a bit late. By the time it comes out the world will have woken up to what he really is .. just another lawyer-politician with nafarious underworld connections who lies.

One can only hope,

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Yeah my daughters teacher read a book to the class about Obama. I was royally ticked off. In fact, my kids had to go to school on Presidents day. which would normally be a holiday yet they got MLK day off. Which to me was very strange.

But I also have noticed that teachers act like he is suppose to be worshiped. My oldest daughter 9 years old today was suppose to write a letter to Obama the teacher made her rewrite the letter because she didnt like what she had written. She was suppose to ask him just one question. Her question was why wasnt he smiling just before he got sworn in.

After the teachers were done her letter asked if he read books to his girls at bed time. Why not let our kids ask what they want? They checked and rechecked all of the childrens letters to make sure no one said anything they shouldnt, or that may be racist or found to be offensive, or any other thing. I hate to say it but my kids dont need to read books about this man if they cant even write him a real letter with there own words in it. To me they should have a book burning party with his books.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

But I also have noticed that teachers act like he is suppose to be worshiped.

When have you ever seen anything like it?

If this isn't a blatant attempt at brain washing our youth into submission, I'll eat your hat.

[edit on 093131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

But there is a new organization on the political scene -- "Organizing for America," announced by President Barack Obama in late January but officially unfurled last weekend.

Obama describes OFA as a "grass-roots movement" but OFA is a "project" of the Democratic Natrional Committee.

As Politico reported, OFA will take the 10 million person database built up by the Obama campaign "to mobilize support for the president's legislative agenda."

A visit to the OFA website reveals that supporters are not simply asked to sign up, they are asked to take a pledge. A pledge to support -- not the flag, not the constitution, not the country, not even the Democratic Party, but Obama and his "bold plan." OFA does not use the Democratic Party logo but the "O"-shaped logo of the Obama campaign in which the red white and blue of the flag are abstracted to soft pastel colors.

(Celebrities like Ashton Kuchner and Demi Moore did not wait until the official launch to "pledge to be of service" to Barack Obama, of course.)

You will not find any mention of OFA`s governing structure, their budget, their bylaws, or their officers at the OFA website. Donations to the website go to the DNC, but OFA is managed out of the White House. If you click on the comments button, you are taken to a link to the White House email.

Those who take the pledge are asked to "talk with people about the President's plan" and to "ask them to sign their names to the pledge" in support of Obama's policies.

So we have a Movement -- this is their term, not mine -- organized by, and loyal to, a sitting President. Pledge canvassers, armed with your name, will ask you to pledge loyalty to the President too. A president whose term has already become a permanent campaign, is signing up ground forces in a mass organization pledged to personal loyalty to their Leader.

Does anyone know of any historical precedents for this in the United States?

www.americanthinker.com...

Do you see a pattern here?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyteskye

Having said that, I must admit, I'm growing increasingly uneasy with the direction of the Obama presidency. Payments from AIG while a senator, then bending over backwards for AIG when elected. Book deals just days before taking office, complete with a $500k advance, while preaching that it's all about sacrifice in tough times. And that's just scratching the surface. It really is unprecedented. All of it.

I am a little more cynical than most people. The election lacked such substance on the part of both candidates, that beyond the mantra of 'change' being played over and over again, there was little being talked about.

I don't vote myself, and I usually don't pay attention to the elections as a result, and would not have with this past one until I noticed some of the things being said online about the election.

I have to say I was truly disturbed to see the type of popularity Obama had garnered and from who and what they were saying about him and why they were voting for him.

So I went to the Library of Congress web site and began reading all 124 pieces of his mostly unsponsored, and never voted on or passed legislation and could really not believe what I was reading.

Not only was there not a hint of change in them, but they were all incredibly poorly written, with multiple gaps left in most of them, for where other Senators could pick it up and insert all the logistics and a working knowledge of governmental agencies and departments to make them worth consideration.

That no one was, at a time when he was the Party's poster child spoke volumes about the base qualities.

So I asked myself what would the big money interests see in this man of no real acheivement in business and politics that would warrant the money and the media being delivered to him.

All I could come up with, was to put the people most likely to vote for him, which would also be the most likely to be feeling the hardest effects of the economic crisis in a state of ease, by thinking they at last had a champion who would represent them.

I did not and do not beleive he will represent them.

I beleive he will represent the big money interest and just keep furthering the agendas running the nation and world into the ground.

So far that does appear to be what he is doing.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

So I went to the Library of Congress web site and began reading all 124 pieces of his mostly unsponsored, and never voted on or passed legislation and could really not believe what I was reading.

Not only was there not a hint of change in them, but they were all incredibly poorly written, with multiple gaps left in most of them, for where other Senators could pick it up and insert all the logistics and a working knowledge of governmental agencies and departments to make them worth consideration.

OH good for you, can it be posted on here?

I would like to read it.

This is interesting.

I know here at the state level Obama had his mentor doing all this for him, then signing Obama's name to it.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

roflmfao! Oh god that was funny bro, thanks for that. I needed it after all the threads I have beenreading tonight.
I dont know what to say to this, my brain hurts too much from arguing with Southern Guardian most of the night.
I will try to stay on track with the thread though....
I dont know if he is writing it or not, but I dont think a president should be involved in anything outside of his presidential duties. Writing childrens books is not one of them, eventhough that $500,000 deal looks pretty darned good if I was sitting in the office chair, it still isnt right. He needs to be focusing on American problems, not writing lullabys.

It's amazing really the things Obama is doing. My next door neighbor tells me our good President is going to be a guest on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno later on in the week?

The remaking of the office of the Presidency into a tabloid celebrity based on good looks, dress and humor?

It's crisis after crisis in our country and the world and he has time to fly to Burbank and quip about life as President, and no doubt quip about his detractors and naysayers too, to load the faithful's lips in ways he can't do from the White House Press Room Podium.

Watch out for the people who have all the right answers to bog you down in endless and frustrating debate. They ultimately score points not through sometimes innacurate messages but by getting you to loose your temper.

Remember half the people who voted for Obama said they liked him because he is of calm and serene spirit!

Nice to know he still favors substance abuse!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I wish we still had WATS votes. You'd get mine for this month!

The market is glutted with Obama crap. Walk into any Barnes and Nobels or Waldens and you are blasted with shelf after shelf of Obama, and wifeypoo, looking out at you from the cover of adult books, kids books, magazines, and book bags.

Wonder if that will be in the book.

I have to confess I avoid any place that might have an image of or a video of or news of the new President in ways that might make me loose my appetite!

No matter what he does it's going to be hard to dissuade Obama's core constiguency. Many of them are young, not well informed to begin with and terribly naive and trusting. Many are fellow minorities who will be extremely reluctant to abandon him or admit his failures for political motives of their own. Several of them are staunch democrats that will tow the party line all the way into Bankruptcy court like they did with FDR.

At any given time he can throw those core constituents out a bone that appeals to their often much more narrow point of focus.

My deep concern is they haven't just groomed him and are putting all this cult of personality building into him for simply President of the United States, but possibly President of a North American Union and beyond.

To date the man's only accomplishments that seem to be succesfull is his ability to run for office and get elected.

They sure are building a personality cult around him and that is a very frightening thing, especially considering the state the world is in at the moment.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I still haven't quite figured out what Rahm Emmanuel and Obama are up to.

Jones and Obama had a close relationship when Obama served in the Illinois State Senate. It was Jones who eventually took Obama under his wing and made sure that key pieces of legislation developed by others had Obama's name on them. Thus, it's interesting if true (this is speculation upon speculation) that Obama didn't want his old mentor to get a U.S. Senate seat. It's also understandable, inasmuch as Jones (like Obama for that matter) is connected to Tony Rezko.

www.powerlineblog.com...

How long have they been priming Obama for the presidency?

[edit on 123131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join