It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Rated Non-Fiction Declassified Aircraft or Weapon Project Books or Related

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Please forgive me if this nature of thread has been posted previously. I did a quick search and believe I'm not starting anything redundant.

I'm developing a list of top rated non-fiction classified aircraft or airborne weapon (missile) project books. I'm not looking for technical textbooks.

I've brought together my ten top-rated books I have read or intend to read to date. They were weighted on how they related to real DoD aircraft or weapon projects, discussed previously special access efforts, had good reviews and are relatively affordable.

Considering the topics listed above, please add any suggestions you feel could be included in a more comprehensive list. If nothing else, I hope those reviewing this thread will benefit from reading some of these books.

1) Dark Eagles - Peebles
2) Secret Weapons of the Cold War - Yenne
3) Shadow Flights - Peebles
4) More with Less - Ciotti
5) Top Secret Tourism - Helms
6) Archangel and the Oxcart - Remak & Ventolo
7) I Could Tell You - Paglen
8) Black Jets - Donald
9) Corona Project - Peebles
10) Prince of Vigilance - Tart & Keefe

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I would add these;

By Any Means Necessary: America's Secret Air War in the Cold War

Skunk Works

I consider both to be extremely good reads, and mines of information as well.

[edit on 19/3/09 by neformore]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I got hold of a magazine called X planes this was a special edition and was crammed full of declassified black items that fly. was about 2001, so old now by any standards but i have not found or really looked for the new mag since.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
neformore and stealthyaroura, thanks for posting other print media ideas. I added them to the list of books or magazines I'd like to own. I'm drawing a blank on searching down the X-Planes special edition from 2001, if it's not the second edition of Code One magazine, published by LM Aero - Fort Worth.

I recently ran across a newly released book by Robert Bradley that I have added to my wish list:

Convair Advanced Designs: Secret Projects from San Diego 1923-1962

The handful of reviews I've read about it look positive. Have a great day.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Lockheed Stealth

its an excellent read and has one of the few pictures of the Northrop XST that lost to the eventual Have Blue

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The Mitchell Institute released a study this month:

Air Force UAVs: The Secret History

This work may not be as detailed as those of Mr. Peebles, nor as technical as Mr. Merlin, however I'd consider this one of only a handful of good reads on the subject.

new topics

top topics

join