It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Scale UnderSea Volcano Erupted Off Tonga in South Pacific Today 3/18

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

The imagery of islands is anything but perfect. Last I looked the isles of Scilly off Cornwall weren't there either. I doubt it's a conspiracy.

quite neat, the imagery of an eruption column coming out of the sea though. Never really seen any imagery of underwater vulcanism before.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I am getting one 7.9 hit.....

I wonder if there will be a tsunami warning?

Also, I can't find any more about beachings, but I am not surprised, as they could happen without anyone noticing, or media attention.

Funny, I am finding a few "washed up on shores," dead whales though around the Pacific area. don't know if one things leads to another. But since they are "one offs" I have not posted about them.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Yep, tsunami warning was just issued.

Tsunami Warning

I'm impressed questioningall--you called the earthquake this morning, hours before it happened.

edited to add link

[edit on 19-3-2009 by sweetpeanc]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

They have not blanked it out, you are just in way too close to get a picture. The resolution does not allow you to get that close.

In answer to Shirakawa, yes those eqs, inculding the 7.9 about an hour and a half ago, are almost certainly connected.

Nice work questioningall.

Edit: Just looked at the tsunami warning. It was based on the 7.9 I mentioned above. (they are saying 7.7 but it has not been downgraded yet)

[edit on 19/3/2009 by PuterMan]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hey, I just want to make sure,..... did ANYONE go and see that "earthquake" cloud I mentioned this morning that was by New Zealand?!

It was a "real" EQ cloud and it was VERY OBVIOUS!!!

I hope someone else saw it besides me.... but you can see my post earlier today about it.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by apex

Darn it, you are right, the Scilly Isles have been stolen!

It's a conspiracy I say. I know they exist because I have been there!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I have to say that those look like pretty normal cloud formations to me. There is a whole bunch of cloud in the Atlantic off Ireland right now that could be considered to be the same.

From what I have managed to research I am of the belief that supposed earthquake clouds are generally relative small area and relatively isolated, neither of which you could apply to those clouds.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by apex

Darn it, you are right, the Scilly Isles have been stolen!

It's a conspiracy I say. I know they exist because I have been there!

Yeah, I noticed that when I was playing on Google Earth a couple of days ago! Maybe they all sank like Atlantis?
But seriously, shows how fallible Google Earth is and a good example next time someone argues a conspiracy because they can;t see a particular place in detail!

Anyway, back on subject: what awesome photos of the eruption! Another demonstration of what a wonderful and surprising world we live on

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Didn't see this posted yet, but here's some raw footage of the eruption - it looks as though it's from the same approximate angle as a few of the images posted on the previous page:

Never seen an eruption at sea in such detail.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Thank YOU!

Excellent Vid!!

It is amazing how close they got during the eruption - no one can do that, if it was onland.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
For those interested in EQ and volcano predictions - a "quiet" thread - out of the way on BTS - www.belowtopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join