It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Officer Travelled 20 Years Into the Future?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I was just watching the new UFO Hunters and William J. Birnes mentioned that there was a documented case of an Army Officer traveling into the future 20 years. Does anyone have any more information about this?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I just heard that too and don't remember reading about anything time travel in the 80s.

Appreciate any information.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I for one believe this. I will be watching this thread for more information, maybe ATSmix could arrange an interview?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The only thing I have on a 20 year time-jump is The Mars Record. The subject is US Navy/US Space Navy.

Crazy stuff, but, it's what I got.

Hope it helps.
Cuhail

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
do you know the name of the guy or anything?? If we had a name or something we may be able to find something on the internet about what happend.
Would be interesting to read upon, shurley cant rule it out, with the philidelphia project, theorys on stargates and project looking glass, anything could happen.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Not that I am aware, Bill only briefly mentioned it. He didn't go into detail.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
What did he mention it in reference to? What were they talking about at the time? Maybe it'll help us find some info. The only time travel stuff I know about is Titor

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
He was talking to one of the mandatory skeptics on the show about the Aztec-Mayan Gold Trinkets that look like and fly like airplanes and how Bill believes that it is the work of time travelers from the future who went back in time to seed ancient cultures.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I did not see the show but he may have been referring to this. www.bielek.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
May sound like a dumb question... but ... which future.. or I should say which reality... does this guy mention anything of what it was supposed to be like?

(United States of America, United North America, North American Union, etc?)

Please find this information. I for one would be very interested.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
He did not mention any specific "future", as I said he was very brief in mentioning it. If/when the episode gets up on YouTube, I will link to the segment with it in.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I can't really find anything but I know that History Channel replays their prime time line up. If the episode was on tonight then perhaps you could stay up and watch it again, maybe tape it or at least get a little more info from it.

If it came on at 10 it should come on again at 2 am

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

Sometimes the truth is hiding in plain site. I am fasinated with the concepts of time travel. The montauck project has always been out there waiting for someone to open up and let us know more. minipulation of future historical events would imply controled time lines. How many times have we been steered back on thye right course? I'l be looking for more information.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Personally I always liked the Titor theory of divergence due to the incalculable and infinite possible variations from one nanosecond to the next and the seemingly accepted idea of multiple universes/realities for each possibly decision or outcome.

Honestly I think it's the only theory I've come across that makes sense as I honestly don't believe that time would be in anyway linear or predetermined. I think, personally, that either time travel into the future is impossible or there is truth in the divergence theory.

However, the implications of this theory are that you're never truly in the past or future of your own time line and you never truly go back to where you came from.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
If I am still up when it encores I will record and upload that segment.

I do like the Multiverse theory as well, where everything that can happen will happen in another parallel universe and because choosing to time travel is an event it creates a new universe upon the moment you decide to time travel. (an example would be the Stargate Atlantis Episode Before I Sleep) I find it more plausible than the rippling changes theory, where time is a solid line and any changes are slowly felt in the future (an example would be the movie A Sound of Thunder).

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Between 'Al Bielek'; 'The Philidelphia Experiment'; and 'Montauk: Montauk Boy's' (those terms) you'll eventually cross a theory and some notes that a 40 year segment of time from the 40s or 70's or something.. to a point in the future was wormholed together; and they'd send these poor messed up boys through. There is 'out there' also a reference that the segment may have been much longer, and that these teens were sent to a spot in the distant future to look at a golden statue-or something, sorry, I only read it once. It was a Bielek interview, I believe. I'll post back if I cross it again.

In addition to whatever else they were working on-mental chairs or body swapping (Al Bielek), or invisibility whatnot. He's still living.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by HugmyRek]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I did a research paper on the philadelphia experiment and I don't think that's what he was referring to, he said an army officer, not navy, and that guy traveled through time a few times, although not 20 years either way. But 20 years is a very significant number to the case, as something strange happens to the area every 20 years after 1943. It has to be something big and obvious because Bill didn't go into detail as if he expected the others and the audience to know what he was talking about.

To the fellow posting the timeline, thank you. You've reignited my interest in this fascinating case.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I heard that and found it intriguing as well. Never heard of it.

Also, someone mentioned humans and aliens working side by side in back engineering alien space craft ...now I know we have heard this many times before...no biggie right? Well, this time something struck my mind that would make this make sense. Imagine this: Pilots fly planes, not build them. If a pilot crashes, then he needs a mechanic to rebuild it. What if, what if there was or occasionally is an alien space craft crash and there are survivors. These survivor aliens would very plausibly need the help of human engineers/physicists/etc. to repair the craft. AND, given that the average pilot could not build/rebuild a plane engine (propulsion)...could we not also assume the same of alien pilots? Thus the need for humans and aliens to work side by side, as has been reported by various witnesses. It's a win/win situation. The aliens get their ship repaired so they can go home, while the humans get the advanced technology.

Just a thought

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CapsFan8

I found this:

Bielek also says that on August 12 every twenty years, the magnetic field of the Earth reaches a peak and allows the synchronization between the Tesla coils.

from here:

Crystalinks

But I'm not sure if it's helpful

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Thus the need for humans and aliens to work side by side, as has been reported by various witnesses. It's a win/win situation. The aliens get their ship repaired so they can go home, while the humans get the advanced technology.

Just a thought

Well, if the aliens are willing to wait decades for the humans engineers to begin to understand how the Alien ships work, maybe... Then again, i don't think any alien would be waiting around decades for human engineers to catch up on their technology in order for the aliens to be able to go back home.

Back to the original question. The only thing i know is about some sailors going through time during the Philladelphia Experiment. Not sure if it was into the future.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join