It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream theories...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
OK-

So, here is my problem- I have a problem with the whole " each person in your dream is really you and not them" theory. I know I'm not alone, here so just jump in if you are one of those more open minded individuals, either on this or another "lets put God in a box, and wonder why we were wrong with the interpretation of our dream" theory...

It's a nice theory for people who don't believe in the great beyond, but it just doesn't resonate with me, b/c of it's constricting nature. Sure, at times it might be reasonable, but really- how does one go about explaining premonitions or precognitions then, or even simple guidance if that theory should be taken as absolute-

For example : If you dream of someone you know, a loved one, killed in a freak accident - are you really supposed to sit an analyze what aspect of yourself is out of control and dying or warn them and try to stop it? OR-If your see your friend sad in your dream , are you really just supposed to try and figure out how you perceive that individual, and not investigate that they very well could be suicidal or upset about something and you are intuitively picking up on their state of mind? If you're friend is trying to talk to you- are you really going to ignore asking them in real life and just try to see what about their behavior reminds you of them? or could the universe be trying to guide you into making contact with that individual?

... the list of examples goes on and is truly infinite...

I mean come on, let's be real people- a person came up with those theories ( and all the rest) to try an explain something they really can't.That's why dream dictionaries are useless-the same thing applies here-

I know I can't be the only person who feels the same way about this topic or the other restrictions dream "experts" like to hand out to us-

So , please- discuss

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I don't agree with the theory that the people in your dream are you. Sometimes they can symbolize unconcious parts of your mind, but it depends on the person and the dream. Everybody dreams differently; maybe some people dream along the lines of those theories, but I definately don't. When I dream, I'm almost always "Me". Everyone else is either them or random people whom I've never seen before... sometimes they won't look a thing like the person they're supposed to look like, but that doesn't mean it's myself.

Whatever though, everyone's allowed their own opinions.

new topics

join