It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: X45 UCAV TEST SUCCESSFUL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
LOS ANGELES - A robotic plane deliberately dropped a bomb near a truck at Edwards Air Force Base on Sunday, marking another step forward for technology the U.S. military hopes will one day replace human pilots on dangerous combat missions.
story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040419/ap_on_re_us/combat_drone_test

Looks like a step closer into autonomous combat warfare.Keep an eye in the sky ya'll.

[Edited on 4-19-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Good... Maybe this can keep my father from going to War again...

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I was just checking out Scaled Composites' web site:

www.scaled.com...

and found out that they have manufactured many different UCAV variants. On top of that they don't announce their projects until they're done. On top of that they created Pegasus which is the vehicle that was used to test the new ScramJet engine. On top of that it looks like Burt Rutan's crew is on pace to win the XPrize this year. Does it make any one out there wonder about what a lethal combination Scaled actually is? They are an industry leader in prototype and aerospace technology, about to be the first commercial organization to reach space...what projects are out there that combine these technolgies? I'm sure we'd all shudder if we really knew.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If they develop this technology far enough we'll be able to "invade" and take control of another country without ever leaving home. I think that might lead to some pretty scary foreign policy.

top topics

join