It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Exposed!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
FDR's spend your way out of debt policies did not shorten or end the Great Depression it lengthened and deepened it not just in the United States but throughout the world.

FDR was over half a century ago. Carter was over quarter a century ago. You cannot compare 20th problems with 21st century problems. FDR had his term regardless.

Two months has led to two trillion dollars

Please get off yourself. This is why we call it a stimulus package and it will take longer than a year to see the effects of. This isnt a couple a trillion spent on a war the the fringers paraded about years back. So please dont play the stimulus as some additional debt, you dont know the full effects of it and are yet to see it so you cant talk.

What I find most funny about this "waa trillion dollar debt" excuse from righties is the fact half of that was introduced by Bush, with that the conservatives have no real solution and would rather have Obama do nothing so in turn he will then be accused of doing nothing, so its damned if he does and damned if he doesnt.

worth of debt riddling blunders that really aren't going to make matters better but worse.

How the heck can you expect to solve this crises within a few months? Seriously would you get real? It doesnt matter what solution is implemented its going to be bad regardless. You fellas are trying make something out of common sense situations as usual. Get over the elections already. Paul didnt win, Romney didnt win, get over it and cut the bickering.

Read a little history my friend, personalities don't make bad ideas work.

No no thats fine, lord knows the entire liberal population including myself voted in the man because he was black and he had a personality. Have you no respect? Every candidate will have a crowd of loyal followers, that doesnt necessarily mean the man was voted in for non-policy reasons.

You have an issue with the man personally? Stick to his policies.

Obama doesn't not only have a good idea, he doesn't even seem to have a clue.

Clue on what? He seems to be the only one explaining as he goes through his presidency. What clue do the rightwingers have?? Oh they have no clue over the economic situation thats why they bicker all day proclaiming faliure to something that will take longer than a year to heal.

Maybe you should get a clue and get real.

your celebrity president laughing it up with Jay Leno to remind you how much you love his personality.

Wasnt it just month ago you fellas were complaining about him "fearmongering and being to honest about the economy" ?? Now he goes onto Jay leno in attempt to soften all seriousness and all of a sudden his not taking anything seriously?

You fellas are the liability to this nation. Your constant no-solution bickering and heckling in the backround only serves to further divide this nation. You are the liability along with the economy and its a damn shame after years this mentality of yours still exists. You have no reak concern about the presidents policies or the economy, your concern is that you dont like the president personally and that you find way to scapegoat the situation. You will hate regardless. Well Im sorry thats not his problem and certainly aint mine.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Bush mess up in his first term and should not have been voted in again. We are yet to see Obamas term. This crises will take longer than a year to recover. Lets be real here.

How quickly forgotten is history. Bush had 9/11 barely into his first term. Whether you believe it was an inside job or not, Bush walked into that one. I would assume, many would have held the same opinion as you with Obama in those terms.

..."well you can't really blame him can you, I mean 9/11 happened right off the bat. Let him deal with that and then give him a chance after that is done."

Not much different to me. then what is happening now. Obama walks into a financial mess, but people are just not willing to allow him to deal with that without a huge amount of scrutiny.

Bush invades Iraq as a response
Obama throws a trillion dollars at the problem as a response.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

How much of this was BROUGHT on by Democrats?
Watch this video I posted last October!
It's a real eye-opener!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
People have been bald-faced, lied to!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

FDR was over half a century ago. Carter was over quarter a century ago. You cannot compare 20th problems with 21st century problems. FDR had his term regardless.

Why yes I can, it's called wisdom. What do you think is different besides the date?

We didn't use dollars back then? We weren't a capitilist society back then?
The fundamentals of economics and basic human needs weren't the same back then.

Point to something that you imagine is fundamentally different today that makes what was a bad and damaging approach to the same system then a good thing today with the same system.

The reality is you don't have anything factual to point to any case where creating debt to get out of debt works. Does it work in your house?

Try to add something substantive to your stump speeches please!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Please get off yourself. This is why we call it a stimulus package and it will take longer than a year to see the effects of. This isnt a couple a trillion spent on a war the the fringers paraded about years back. So please dont play the stimulus as some additional debt, you dont know the full effects of it and are yet to see it so you cant talk.

I truly don't want to see the affects of more debt, and not only did I not justify the war, and was against it and it's debt, I can't imagine one stupid thing, being used as justifying another.

You truly seem to not have a clue as to what the long term effects of are printing an excess amount of currency and monetizing it to create more debt is...let me help you out, it results in hyper inflation.

It has never not created hyper inflation. You should spend a little less time worshipping idols and a little more time studying history and economics so you could add something informative to your ranting and railing.

The United States of America is not one man or one party or one person's love affair with one man or party.

There is an old saying their is nothing more dangerous than a stupid friend.

You picked yourself a heck of a friend to blindly follow.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

How the heck can you expect to solve this crises within a few months? Seriously would you get real? It doesnt matter what solution is implemented its going to be bad regardless. You fellas are trying make something out of common sense situations as usual. Get over the elections already. Paul didnt win, Romney didnt win, get over it and cut the bickering.

I don't expect him to solve the crisis in a few months I expect him though not to make it worse with ill thought out and hastily done things that are going to make it much worse and do nothing to make it better.

Our economy is in shambles for one simple reason. We exported our manufacturing base. The only thing that will restore the wealth of the nation is restoring manufacturing to it and that is going to take time.

All this stimulus money should be spent on getting manufacturing up and running in the U.S. and out of China, that's why China has so much money, our money, most of it borrowed, to buy the goods they make for us.

Solving the crisis is making our own goods again, not a bunch of bank handouts and making government bigger.

If you don't make anything to sell you can't make real money all you can do is borrow money.

You should spend a little less time spending and defending your super hero and spend more time learning basic economic principals.

It's your future you are throwing away too with these foolish approaches and defenses.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

No no thats fine, lord knows the entire liberal population including myself voted in the man because he was black and he had a personality. Have you no respect? Every candidate will have a crowd of loyal followers, that doesnt necessarily mean the man was voted in for non-policy reasons.

This is funny he ran on not one issue of substance or has yet to develop one sound policy since taking the office.

He ran on not being George Bush and promoting a vague sense of change.

Frankly I see no difference between him and Bush.

Other than the things you mentioned!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Clue on what? He seems to be the only one explaining as he goes through his presidency. What clue do the rightwingers have?? Oh they have no clue over the economic situation thats why they bicker all day proclaiming faliure to something that will take longer than a year to heal.

Why are you so foolish to assume a vote against current policy is a vote for past policies?

I don't belong to a party my friend. I am no one's mindless slave. I owe my only allegiances in life to family and freinds and intelligent ideas.

You are bickering by bringing non issues into it, it doesn't matter who did what in the way of excusing more mistakes as now being acceptable.

That you aren't able to focus on what is happening at the moment or have real answers beyond simply indicting people from the past as an excuse to fail in the present is very telling.

I hope you make it out of that box one day for your own sake.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Wasnt it just month ago you fellas were complaining about him "fearmongering and being to honest about the economy" ?? Now he goes onto Jay leno in attempt to soften all seriousness and all of a sudden his not taking anything seriously?

First off my friend I have no idea who you fellas are since I am addressing this to you and am by myself and belong to no political orginization.

The best defense might be a good offence but when your job is actually accomplishing results simply bashing your detractors and critiques into submission with blanket arguments and indictments doesn't get results.

The only thing Obama is explaining by the way is how it's not his fault and stupid things that have never worked before will work this time because he is doing them and hopes they will work.

Wow, puts me at ease as the dollar drops in value and the debt mounts and legislates his gestapo army for his brainless zealots to march in to silent the voice of reason that you don't have a reasonable answer for except well Johnny did this, and suzie did that and it's not really his or my fault.

Grow up. Read some real books. Learn some sound business and economic principals and add something when you have something to add.

The only thing that is going to restore this economy is creating no more debt, saving money and investing in manufacturing.

That's what makes any economy strong and the only thing that makes an economy stay strong.

That's business my friend and has nothing to do with politics or parties or personalities.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I don't expect him to solve the crisis in a few months I expect him though not to make it worse with ill thought out and hastily done things that are going to make it much worse and do nothing to make it better.

Our economy is in shambles for one simple reason. We exported our manufacturing base. The only thing that will restore the wealth of the nation is restoring manufacturing to it and that is going to take time.

All this stimulus money should be spent on getting manufacturing up and running in the U.S. and out of China, that's why China has so much money, our money, most of it borrowed, to buy the goods they make for us.

Solving the crisis is making our own goods again, not a bunch of bank handouts and making government bigger.

If you don't make anything to sell you can't make real money all you can do is borrow money.

You should spend a little less time spending and defending your super hero and spend more time learning basic economic principals.

It's your future you are throwing away too with these foolish approaches and defenses.

This is what is exactly needed. For a country to survive, they need ability to bring in income to the economy.

We have "Made" Ourselves internationally Reliant.. Worse yet, we have broken down our ability to TAX Goods that companies are bringing into the USA.. Hence our Spenditures of USD leaving the US is far greater then our income comeing from other Countries.

This was addressed in the senate as far back as 1992. Continueing in this trend would bring the unavoidable End to our Economy. but we did not change. Rooselvts Solution of bringing back again our Manufacterers and bringing us out of the depression was hurridly Nixed as soon as we where well on our feet again... WHY ?

obviously Higher Profit margin, lack on Laws for Employees. No threat on Unionizations, and apparently lesser and lesser tax's.

Current State.. Our only Manufacterers left aka Car market..

A. Are now targeted by hate in the media ... and everybody does not care whether they go out of business or not.

B. GM is now comeing out that it is working on fileing bankruptcy even after the bailout.

But yet we are throwing money to banks, in hopes to bring More small Business's to compensate for the job loss. BUT.

1. All these will do is barrel more money out of country for products, and for lesser taxes.

2. These business can't be stabilized even from the start due to Major "Retailers" AKA walmart with free reign to keep them out of the market via Cut prices. Due to Cheaper made products shipped in from other countries and they get away with cheaper labor, so less of thier money is going to go to the people "in" the economy.

In behest of this.. The country is in the "fighting" each other war on what was is in the past. Trickling longer day by day .. while our USD becomes lower and lower in value.. Makeing International Trade become More expensive, Therefore how can we even consider adding more tax to it. while our citizens are not being paid more, but atm are looseing jobs left and right and current business's are doing cut backs, instead of raises.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
We have Two options at this point.

1. Hope to embrace this new world currency with a deal made to help anex the literal Inflation that we just made ourselves, and prey to stablelize our current businesses and citizens.

2. take the words of our ancestors who made this before us.

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety." - Benjamin Franklin

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams, speech at the Philadelphia State House on August 1, 1776.

Then we should overthrow this congress by force, and Close the nation off for reconstruction, where we can give our own value of our currency, manufacter our own goods. and rebuild this nation to what it was supposed to be.

But this would give great sacrifice's to be made. and would be by no means an easy task, and would take us time.

but number 2. for how our society is now, with its reliance on computers, electronics. Everyday things that we take for granted or neccesity.. would seem an infathomable/impossible task.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bldrvgr

The world has changed in 240 years

Some of these changes may not have been forseen then

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany
reply to post by Bldrvgr

The world has changed in 240 years

Some of these changes may not have been forseen then

Then the world forgot to change the economic system, To compensate the blatant holes that it has made.

The world then essentaily forgot to add "Free" currency with out restraint. better run off and remind it.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bldrvgr
We have Two options at this point.

1. Hope to embrace this new world currency with a deal made to help anex the literal Inflation that we just made ourselves, and prey to stablelize our current businesses and citizens.

2. take the words of our ancestors who made this before us.

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety." - Benjamin Franklin

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams, speech at the Philadelphia State House on August 1, 1776.

Then we should overthrow this congress by force, and Close the nation off for reconstruction, where we can give our own value of our currency, manufacter our own goods. and rebuild this nation to what it was supposed to be.

But this would give great sacrifice's to be made. and would be by no means an easy task, and would take us time.

but number 2. for how our society is now, with its reliance on computers, electronics. Everyday things that we take for granted or neccesity.. would seem an infathomable/impossible task.

This is where the task at hand becomes incredibly tricky. The first states who wanted to leave the Union were in Andrew Jackson's time, not the Civil War Period.

Individual States had joined the Union, fully believing each and every last one that it was an 'experiment' in a new form of government and that they could leave the Union as casually as they had entered it, if it turned out not to be working for the people of a State that no longer wished to be part of the Union.

This was an assumption and shared belief every founding father from Washignton to Adams shared and took for granted.

Yet, by Andrew Jackson's time the founding fathers were all deceased so the arguments being put forth by the states who wanted to leave the Union had no one from those first heady days of the Union from a generation before to weigh in on it.

Jackson refused to let the states in question withdraw from the Union peaceably and to head off a war address a joint session of Congress where the representatives of all states sat to hear his reasoning on this.

He basically said the experiment in government was an experiment no more. That it had become a functioning union that funtioned primarily because each State had it's own individual role in providing a certain type of commerce, goods, products, or services the other States were dependent upon as well as a certain contribution in taxes to the Federal Government and through the tarrifs on that state's exports.

He told the States wishing to withdraw that they would do grave harm and threaten the existence and way of life for the remaining states by leaving the Union. That the States remaining would be penalized in this process through a shortage of goods and products and services from the States leaving the Union and possibly having to pay a higher price on them plus a higher tax on them because of the Tariffs that would then have to be imposed on their import into the Union, and that the States who remained would have to contribute more to the Federal Government to keep it running because the states who had left no longer were. He succesfully argued that not only to that put an unfair burden on the States that remained in the Union but that it might make that Union no longer viable.

He likened to be a breach of contract and faith, and an act or treason and possibly an act of war.

The States in question backed down that time, but many of them and others would try again at the onset of the Civil War. The Civil War started as a war for State's rights. Lincoln desperate to save the Union shrewdly turned it into a war to abolish slavery to make it more appealing to the people of the North. In reality is was being waged by the North to maintain the sanctity and profitablity of the Union, and to prevent rival trading entities from the ability to set their own tariffs and corner lucrative markets that benefited the whole Union with those states as part of the Union.

The long and short of it, is that should we overthrow the American Government through peaceful means or otherwise, and close the nation for reconstruction, the rest of the World is going to argue what Andrew Jackson once did.

With trillions of dollars of debt owed to other nations, that a Bankrupt America could not only not pay, but might choose to never pay, billions of dollars of annual trade with many nations that would immediately feel the economic impact of lost business and tarrifs, and a host of mutual defense and cooperation treaties, from space based satellites, to international shipping, trade and commerce on the line, dozens of nations, their governments and citizens would argue that we were doing incredible harm to them by withdrawing from the global community, economy, commerce, and transportation system.

They would individually or collectively seek to militarily attack us and reimpose the systems that have so corrupted our own government to ensure payments of debt and a continuation of commerce profitible to them.

Not only is it highly likely we have no Gold Reserves in Ft. Knox, it's highly unlikely we could find a trading partner who would be willing to buy our goods for any kind of currency or exchange while most of the nations of the world were stinging and reeling from our unpaid debts to them, and no longer rendering the goods and services they do purchase from us.

One of the sad things about AIG is that it underwrote and insured risky loans not only in America but a very large percentage of them were to insure foreign loans. One of the reasons our government is pumping so much money into AIG is that as those risky foreign loans default, the foreign lenders will default right along with them if AIG does not pay the policy off. In other words the global economy would be badly damaged in the process making the economic crisis all the worse in other nations as they had to invest more of their own resources.

Now there are two schools of thought on that. The taxpayer and responsible citizen of this country saying well that is the other nations problem not mine. An American company should not have been underwriting loans by insuring them in foreign markets. This though is the sad by product of the argument that has been sold to us for years that the world economy is global. Our attempt to position ourselves as a lender and insurer and a consultant in it, instead of a provider of traditional manufactured goods has not only backfired on the citizens of this country but others around the world. We can let other nations suffer the foolishness for it, but the reality is that in so doing, their economies weaken even further to where their citizens can't afford to buy our goods and services which in turn erodes our economy further. Sadly the trade restrictions and high tariffs many countries employed during the first World Wide Depression only lengthened and worsened it, because the policies employed limited international trade to the point each nation became almost entirely dependent upon itself to raise hard cash through their domestic markets only.

The government's actions would almost be wise in bailing out AIG if there were more oversight and moves to limit the risky underwriting practices and underwriting foreign investments.

I am for restructuring the Union but the reality is it's not going to be just fighting the corruptness in Washignton but a fight against most of the world in order to do it. We have been infiltrated by so many foreign interests that it will make for one heck of a ride!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by jd140
There are some who still say Bush stole the 2000 election and never gave him a chance.

Oh I agree. I never bought that conspiracy however it did deserve to be heard and was very close. Anybody who still buys that crap is a fringer for sure.

I'm sure its safe to assume you are one of those

No, not really. Although I disagreed with Bushes policies I didnt buy the conspiracy. However it did deserve to be heard and likewise it was debunked. I got on with it. I gave him his term(s) like every other president. None of you gave Obama chance... ever.

Do you not remember the last few years of Bush's Presidency?

I can go as so far as to remember his first few vacations... I mean days on the job.

You guys couldn't bash him fast enough to satisfy your want of his blood so you guys continue to do so.

We bashed him because he contributed the most to this economic mess, he lied about the war and acted unconstitutionally i.e torture. We by the least gave him his term prior to that. I gave him his term.

What and glenn beck boy here are trying to do is to justify the lies and the muck ups during Bushes watch. It doesnt stand.

The shoe is on the other foot

That foot still has to walk the path. Bush had 8years of walking paths.

and you start crying

Im sorry Im not the one posting these threads. Im not the one crying because the rest of the population refuses to buy this garbage. Im not the one crying about how "unfairly" bush was treated during his 8years of lies and deception.

The man has spent more money then the cost of Iraq, Afghanistan and Katrina combined

The man is trying to fix the mess. You may have your own opinions to just "leaving the economy as is" which will make you cry foul about Obama either more. So its a damned if he does and damned if he doesnt scenario with yall.

you want us to ligten up on him?

You folks never gave him the light of day. I never expect you to. Hateful, regardless. That should be the fringe motto.

I'm keeping a close eye on him.

Keep an objective eye as well mmk? And by the way its about time, your 8years late and $5.3 trillion in debt.

HAHAHAHA seriously man, open your eyes to the real world. There are no such things as left, right, or "fringers", only truth.

Bush stole the election for SURE in 2000 AND 2004 due to the Diebold voting machines. One of their employees even came out and admitted it, and that it was easy to do. Before you blindly dismiss something because it doesn't fit in with your theory of how the world works, PLEASE do some research. It will help you not look like a jackass.

Obama's also not trying to fix "the mess," he is here to deal the final blow. You think printing massive amounts of money [$10 trillion now] will HELP? Plus about $5 trillion of that 10 is unaccounted for.

But I see how it is. You have bought into the whole "conspiracy theorists are paranoid nutjobs" propaganda, and thus you failed to realize that many conspiracies theories have basis and all good conspiracy theorists will show you their tangible evidence in the form of newspaper articles, leaked documents, and so on.

The Obama Deception is a well-made documentary that really exposes Obama for what he is by showing what he promised to do, and that he did the opposite, again and again. It went through his cabinet members one by one and listing their political affiliations [i.e. CFR].

I bet you didn't even watch it and you're here bashing because you claim these people are Obama bashers. Look, there's a key difference between bashing and exposing.. the latter is based on facts. So it sounds like you're the one being the "basher" here.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by italkyoulisten]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Im sick and tired of people giving all of these corrupt politicians second or even third chances. I believe when your elected to lead your country you "chance reservoir" is depleted and thats it. Thats what is destroying this country when we have presidents like Bush and Obama who constantly do things that strip us of our constitutional rights and freedoms and we just go along with it and say "oh if the govt did it then it must be for our own good". Complete nonsense if bush would have tried half the # obamas pulled then there would have been riots in the streets. Just face it people Obama #ed up, and i cant really even say that because its all planned out,. First thing he did in office was bomb Pakistani villages. Then he lied about the war in iraq. Then the bailouts from our taxes that go to buy CEOs jets and vacations. And have you heard about HR1388. Now Obama wants a bill passed that says he can turn off the internet without lawfull reason. If you dont see that were heading for tyranny then were already too late. Im sick and tired of people walking around blinded by the truth and when you try to give them such truth you immediately are looked at as a " ufo believing area 51 nutjob 911 truth fanatic conspiracy theorist" and im pissed. Look people. Just please look.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
A good or truthful politician is like the needle in the sand. I have promised myself that i will no longer post to threads regarding any administration ..but all i had to say is : Let's talk in about an year about this. And all those who ask for chances and whatnot , realise that it's the same shenaningan just with another spelldust

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
only thing is if this # goes the way its going we aint gonna be voting for any other president. ty

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hm,

Why are you people complaining about Obama here on this forum? Why are
you not marching on the streets with 200 million fellow Americans, massively
striking and demanding that Obama keeps his promises? If they can do it in
France, then why can't you people do it in America?

Just buying guns won't make any difference, you got to get out on the streets
with hundreds of millions of people at once, instead of only complaining about
his policy on the internet. Have you people gotten so obese that you cannot
walk for a few miles anymore?

Here in Europe we constantly get reports from huge amounts of citizens on the
street, marching and protesting against government policy, but we never once
get reports of Americans massively marching against their corrupt government.

Isn't it about time you DO something now, before it is too late?!

[edit on (15/4/09) by Wehali]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
because no one wants to get organized we have no leadership,and in fact there was a protest to obama today at the tea party events so yeah, but it was no where near a riot or real movement

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join