It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube vid: "Masonic Rituals recorded and exposed by a Brother in Turkey"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
I must agree with Masonic Light here. Even the Bible tells us...

Hear, O Israel: The Lord thy God is one.
Mark 12:29

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. If you mean that the eye represents a singular source, then the Bible says that God has neither a beginning nor and end, which means that the presences of God has no limit.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR.FELIZ
I find it funny how people use the bible for everthing.....any how i must agree that the masons do not care for this god...there are very little secret societies which do...if you look at it its almost like they are religions except for the whole believing in god....paganism was one of the first quote on quote religions to exist..they did not believe in a god rather they believed in the universe and nature...centuries later came catholics which added the whole creator god image....now look at freemasons....are they not doing exactly the same thing but in a different way....they are beginning fresh from paganism and then adding their own set of laws and commandements to the story...in my opinion

I've quoted the Bible because Freemasons claim that Masonry can be practiced alongside Christianity, which is absolutely false.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
...and yet somehow Masons the world over somehow manage to do it.

Are they especially clever, do you think?

No, actually, it comes down to a rather simple concept: Christianity is their religion. Freemasonry is their fraternity. Freemasonry does not attempt to dictate how they should worship, nor does it ever attempt to govern any other aspects of a man's faith.

I don't really understand why people can't grasp these things... One of life's mysteries, I guess.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

Christian symbolism depicts parts of God (such as his power), or the Trinity, but not God himself. The Bible says that He is infinite and invisible, which would be pretty tough to draw on paper.

Untrue. Christian art has always depicted God as anthropomorphic.

The Statue of Liberty has a torch. And why must the torch be 33 inches long?

It was my understanding that the torch measures over 12 feet long. Where in the world did you get it was only 33 inches?

This site says that the Halliwell Regius MS was published in 1840. James Halliwell, the guy who published it, says that it originated in the 1300's

You've missed the point. It is recognized that the Regius was copied from an older document, and the document itself describes a Masonic gathering in York, England in the year 980 A.D.

The Illuminati infiltrated Masonry and changed its practices.

Nonsense. The Illuminati neither "infiltrated" Freemasonry, nor influenced the practices of the Craft a single iota. Freemasonry's practices predate the founding of the Illuminati in 1776, and Freemasonry continues long after the Illuminati ceased to exist.

The Ancient Egyptian heiroglyph for the "m" sound was the owl

So?

Moloch was also known as Ba'al

So was Jehovah, and all the Semitic gods. "Baal" was a generic term signifying "great one".

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Christian symbolism depicts parts of God (such as his power), or the Trinity, but not God himself. The Bible says that He is infinite and invisible, which would be pretty tough to draw on paper.

Untrue. Christian art has always depicted God as anthropomorphic.

If you mean God as in Jesus.

The Statue of Liberty has a torch. And why must the torch be 33 inches long?

It was my understanding that the torch measures over 12 feet long. Where in the world did you get it was only 33 inches?

The torch that George W. Bush held was 33 inches long.

This site says that the Halliwell Regius MS was published in 1840. James Halliwell, the guy who published it, says that it originated in the 1300's

You've missed the point. It is recognized that the Regius was copied from an older document, and the document itself describes a Masonic gathering in York, England in the year 980 A.D.

The site also says that the physical evidence was dated in the 1500's.

The Illuminati infiltrated Masonry and changed its practices.

Nonsense. The Illuminati neither "infiltrated" Freemasonry, nor influenced the practices of the Craft a single iota. Freemasonry's practices predate the founding of the Illuminati in 1776, and Freemasonry continues long after the Illuminati ceased to exist.

Contributions by the recent (19th and 20th century) writers reflect a rather gruesome image of Freemasonry. Many Masons themselves deny that this is part of their practice. This disagreement about what is acceptable within Masonry is evidence of either tampering on the part of some of the members, or lying on the part of most of them.

The Ancient Egyptian heiroglyph for the "m" sound was the owl

So?

Symbolism

Moloch was also known as Ba'al

So was Jehovah, and all the Semitic gods. "Baal" was a generic term signifying "great one".

Moloch was a sun god of the Canaanites, who inspired Freemasonry. His name has also been used throughout history to symbolize human sacrifice.

Ba'al actually means "lord," and Melek means "king" in Hebrew. Melek became Molech and then Moloch.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

If you mean God as in Jesus.

No, I mean God as in God. Take, for example, this:

Link

What are you talking about? You just said the Statue of Liberty had a torch 33 inches long, now you're talking about George Bush?

What physical evidence?

Contributions by the recent (19th and 20th century) writers reflect a rather gruesome image of Freemasonry. Many Masons themselves deny that this is part of their practice. This disagreement about what is acceptable within Masonry is evidence of either tampering on the part of some of the members, or lying on the part of most of them.

There is no disagreement about what is acceptable in Masonry. The laws and traditions of the Fraternity are spelled out in the Constitutions of the Craft, which of course predate the Illuminati.

Moloch was a sun god of the Canaanites, who inspired Freemasonry.

So how exactly did Moloch "inspire" Freemasonry? If you ask me, Moloch did not inspire Freemasonry, but certainly inspired Christianity, which based on a bizarre notion that a god had his child tortured and sacrificed in a blood ritual.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

No, I mean God as in God. Take, for example, this:

Link

So was Michaelangelo a Freemason?

The irony is that this painting appears in the Sistine Chapel, even though it is completely blasphemous.

What are you talking about? You just said the Statue of Liberty had a torch 33 inches long, now you're talking about George Bush?

I never said that the torch of the Statue of Liberty was 33 inches long.

What physical evidence?
The original manuscript

There is no disagreement about what is acceptable in Masonry. The laws and traditions of the Fraternity are spelled out in the Constitutions of the Craft, which of course predate the Illuminati.
So you don't disagree with the writings of Albert Pike and company?

So how exactly did Moloch "inspire" Freemasonry? If you ask me, Moloch did not inspire Freemasonry, but certainly inspired Christianity, which based on a bizarre notion that a god had his child tortured and sacrificed in a blood ritual.
The Canaanites inspired Freemasonry, not Moloch.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

No.

The irony is that this painting appears in the Sistine Chapel, even though it is completely blasphemous.

Christians do not think it is blasphemous nor ironic.

About what?

And how exactly did they do that?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

No.

He was a member of the Enlightenment movement.

Christians do not think it is blasphemous nor ironic.

Catholics who like pretty paintings, maybe. It's right there in the Ten Commandments, not to worship a gray-haired man with sticky fingers.

About what?

The whole Lucifer thing

And how exactly did they do that?

In Canaanite mythology, Ba'al is aided by a craftworker-magician named Kosar-wa-Khasis (כושר וחסיס). Canaan was later influenced by Ancient Egyptian culture. Canaanite culture then spread north, and eventually into ancient Greece.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

He was a member of the Enlightenment movement.

No, he was a member of the Renaissance. The Enlightenment came later.

It's right there in the Ten Commandments, not to worship a gray-haired man with sticky fingers.

Nope, doesn't say that.

The whole Lucifer thing

I agree with Pike about Lucifer, and most of his other theosophical notions.

In Canaanite mythology, Ba'al is aided by a craftworker-magician named Kosar-wa-Khasis (כושר וחסיס). Canaan was later influenced by Ancient Egyptian culture. Canaanite culture then spread north, and eventually into ancient Greece.

That's true, but so what?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

i thought there were no goats in masonry.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by exjobie

You have single handedly exposed the greatest secret in masonry. Illinioi masons can be pack rats.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

You have single handedly exposed the greatest secret in masonry. Illinioi masons can be pack rats.

Several years ago there was an article in "Heredom" about 19th century fraternal supplies and gadgets. Apparently, the Elks Lodge used to literally make their candidates ride goats, and the article showed a few mechanical goats for that purpose.

See this essay on the websilte of the Elks Grand Lodge.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
i love how easily this goat situation gets dodged. explain to me why masonic packrats had this gruesome thing in the first place.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by exjobie
i love how easily this goat situation gets dodged. explain to me why masonic packrats had this gruesome thing in the first place.

The "goat situation" gets dodged easily because it is so stupid.

George Washington was a notorious stickler for personal dignity. He was considered to be something of a kill-joy and a prig by many of his contemporaries. He went through, substantially, the exact same Masonic ceremonies as I did. If he did it, you may be assured that it was entirely consistent with a very highly developed sense of personal dignity and courtesy.

The whole goat thing is a result of a stupid misunderstanding and, perhaps, some teasing in poor taste. That other organizations then picked up on the idea and turned a fantasy into a reality is an unfortunate complication in the story.

As for why Masonic collectors might have such an item in their collection, the answer is that it relates to the history of fraternalism in this country and has a thin -- albeit mistaken -- connection to the Fraternity.

You have my word as a gentleman, no Masonic ceremony involves riding a goat in any way, shape, or form. The very idea is... well, frankly, idiotic.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Not credible at all.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by exjobie
www.youtube.com...

i thought there were no goats in masonry.

Why on earth would anyone want to ride a stuffed goat? Where's the challenge?
This one in the picture below looks docile, but it really has quite a temper...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/230a5858ee7e.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 7/6/2010 by Saurus]

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
www.iscariots.com...

Regardless of the rite a masonic lodge belongs to, the internal structure divides members based on a trinity of traits which are common to all masonic organizations: apprentice, journeyman, master. Joining the masonry and implicitly gaining the apprentice rank is done only if the person meets some mandatory conditions: faith in a supreme divinity called The Grand Architect (or any other equivalent term), an impeccable moral character, subsistence methods, respect towards all masons, etc. As we can see these are fairly easy conditions to meet which is why we believe the main factor that influences the joining is having a considerable wealth. We base our theory on the fact that most famous figures in the history of man kind which had a masonic background were very important people in a wide set of domains: political, social and economical.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join