It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens in christian bible???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
can somebody please tell me which parts of the bible people think is referring to aliens or UFO's
im just curious

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jayvance1
can somebody please tell me which parts of the bible people think is referring to aliens or UFO's
im just curious

Jay...

Make sure to use the search bar...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jayvance1

This is probably what you're looking for:

www.bibleufo.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jayvance1

You could probably find a part about computers, ipod in there ... it's full of all you want it to be.

I heard there's a part about the red socks winning the series

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by grandnic

Now that you've wasted a post and not contributed anything to this thread, you might want to visit the link I posted above and educate yourself, thanks.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Just FYI, I wasn't logged in, so I logged back in and tried to find this thread - there are a whole page of threads when a search of "Bible alien" is used.

But, I think the book of Ezekiel has a lot to do with UFOs. I almost NEVER quote the Bible without a verse (because it's simply ignorant to do so) but I don't have time to look it up.

Ezekiel, in my recollection, has the story of the floating chariot which is on fire, and has spinning wheels of fire - or something similar.

Good luck

p.s. You won't find dinosaurs in the Bible either, or why when Adam and Eve had two sons they somehow found women to marry...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Now that you've wasted a post and not contributed anything to this thread, you might want to visit the link I posted above and educate yourself, thanks.

I disagree.

grandnic's post, while perhaps not explicit, touches on a very pertinent point that is: something being in the Bible means completely nothing in terms of that something's validity.

I don't think grandnic is discarding the possibility of aliens, or even of aliens (and UFOs) being depicted in the Bible per se, but simply pointing out that using the Bible to assert or give more credence to a claim is foolish.

Again, I don't discard the possibility of certain descriptions in the Bible being of aliens or UFOs, but the subjectivity of the texts in it, the numerous translations (and mistranslations), the scientific inaccuracies, among other things make the Bible a completely unreliable and useless book when it comes to the study of this phenomena.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Please understand that this is not aimed at anyone who posted in this thread.

But I`ve noticed that some believers will point out to supposed references to UFOs in the bible to strenghten their case, but at the same time, the very same people say that the bible is a bunch of hogwash and fairy tales for religious fanatics.

I just find it ironic that some people will use the bible only when it`s convenient.

Thats all.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by johnjohn808]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
IMO, The vast majority of the bible is talking about alien encounters and UFO sightings.

You have to understand when people were documenting what they saw all those years ago, they were only able to describe things, as they understood it.

Ezekiel 1:16: This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like chrysolite, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel.

This bible passage is Ezekiel, telling us what he saw, and him trying to describe it the only way he could. We have four crafts being described as "shiney" wheels.

]

[edit on 19-3-2009 by phrankie79]

new topics

top topics

join