It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Researcher Admits Massive Fraud!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
"I stay away from pharmaceuticals if at all possible. I was forced to take some antibiotics a while back for an infection that wouldn't heal, but other than that no meds for me. You just never know."

Yes we do know: medications cause a great deal of harm to your body. These "legal" drug pushers are worse than the "illegal" drug dealers on the corner. At least the illegal guy doesn't lie to you by making any false promises about the safety of his product.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

That's not entirely true, but I see what you're saying.

Depends on what drugs you're talking about. People push dirty drugs all the time.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It would be nice to see some accountablity on this, but I doubt anything will change or happen. People have been harmed by these medications and when you lie about the effectiveness and safety, you deserve to be sued or whatever. The fact that SSRIs increase the risk for suicide was covered up just until recently and that class of drugs has been on the market for many years, and has made tons of money.

People killed themselves so that these companies could make a fat profit. The pharm industry is one of the greatest examples of why capitalism doesn't work, human beings sell out other humans beings if they can make a buck. And its totally legal and encouraged. Someone might be harmed at a value of lets say $500, but if someone can make 5 tangible dollars off that person's suffering, its a great deal and something to be celebrated by capitalism.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by esecallumNote how the mass media has not mentioned this fraud at all as they get paid to advertise these dangerous fraudulant drugs...

Perhaps this is why direct-to-consumer marketing of pharmaceuticals is banned in every country except the U.S.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
S and F

What the huge corporations won't do for money!!

Amazing, falsify research on drugs so it can get out in the public, and they couldn't care less how many people die/died from it....... it is all about the "almighty dollar"!

Amazing and sickening, I don't trust any medications anymore - the drug companies aren't about making safe drugs they are about making money.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Why does this surprise anybody? Really.

If someone were to ask me I would guess that probably 80% of these alleged studies were fabricated or at the very least fixed to reach a predetermined conclusion. Who do you think pays for most of the studies on these drugs? The corporations pushing them.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Yeh they always do this though.
Falsify the research to get the drug out to make a profit.
They did it with a well known anti depressant, paroxetine.
And they are still selling it.
They tested it on perfectly healthy medical staff at a Scotland psychiatric hospital.
And it made normal people go completely skitzo and kill themselves and others.
After someone found the hidden research and exposed it.
Celebrex I took that once for arthritis in my leg.
It made me feel funny so I didn't take it any more.
Its really best to take nothing, unless you are at deaths door.
You can never trust these pigs.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum
Note how the mass media has not mentioned this fraud at all as they get paid to advertise these dangerous fraudulent drugs...

Here is few non-mass media articles:

New York Times

Boston Globe

Wall Street Journal

Give them some time, it will be there when this case develops lil' bit further

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Well just study up on the "Scientist" who said fluoride was safe. Good that these become known.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

Exactly! Flouride WTF is going on.

Just like Cannabis - follow the money trail.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
WTF is going on with our world people. We'll spend $50 on a brita filter to remove all of the "toxins" from a glass of water, and then chug it down with a handful of pills that the folks on the TV set said were good for us. Why are some of you surprised that a salesman, err I mean "Doctor" lied about how great his product was.

We spend $100 on a small bag of certified organic, free range, hormone free, non-pasteurized, all natural, cage free, vegetarian fed, whole grain, non- artificial items (only because producers still produce the other option which in my opinion is pure poison) because we are smart enough to know we are what we eat. Then, we eat an ambien to fall asleep, or a whatever pill for our "restless leg syndrome", or a male enhancer for our insecurity from watching stupid shows and movies, or an anti-depressant because we feel sad, and thats not natural dammit!! Not in the 21st century!! With "honest doctors" in white coats with stethoscopes around their necks and happy smiling faces on every other ad in TIME magazine. Man is only supposed to feel one emotion, right? Not. Eating healthy and then popping chemicals, I don't understand how a nation that was once so great has become so ignorant.

I don't know about you all, but a drug dealer is a drug dealer in my book. When will the masses realize that our earth offers all the natural remedies we desire, without the nasty side effects.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
Well just study up on the "Scientist" who said fluoride was safe. Good that these become known.

could you help me find those that say it is good for you as I am in an on going discussion about it now.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Like so many of you have already mentioned:
Why would you even take medication?

The mind is stronger than a pill. You can go to bed at night feeling awful, flu- or cold symptoms, even worse than that, and if you close your eyes, and really make a wish, I mean REALLY make that wish to feel good when you wake up, you actually can. I am sure many will agree with me. Some might say naw man, you can't, some people just get sick. But that's not true. I haven 't been sick going on my fourth year now, and I used to be sick 3-4 times a year before I decided to try this way of living.

I have a friend, his mother was told she had 9 months tops to live, cancer in the stomach and spine. She lived for 17 years after that. I have another friend, whose father did not tell his mother, she had cancer. Instead of the 6 months the doctors gave her, she lived the rest of her life and died of old age. You really mean to tell me, that is just coincidence? One last example:One of my colleagues, a friend also, was an MP, military police, hiker and extreme sports fanatic. Lived a healthy life. One day in 2002 he went to the doctor because of a severe pain in the stomach. The doctor ran some tests, told my friend he had cancer and only about 3-6 months left of his life, my friend was 32 at the moment, by the way. He died in less then 2 weeks after he got the news. It's all will power and common sense.

Make of it what you want, I have.

Joe

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
Yeh they always do this though.
Falsify the research to get the drug out to make a profit.
They did it with a well known anti depressant, paroxetine.
They tested it on perfectly healthy medical staff at a Scotland psychiatric hospital.
And it made normal people go completely skitzo and kill themselves and others.
After someone found the hidden research and exposed it.

I have an ongoing law suit against GSK for Seroxat (Paroxetine) - along with 1000's of others.

I was prescribed it as one of the new wonder drugs and I was told it wasn't addictive and I could stop taking it whenever I wanted. My GP thought 3 to 6 months would be enough. Even he didn't know about the side effects and awful withdrawal symptoms. I ended up having blood tests, MRI scans, seeing a neurologist and losing all feeling in my left side - a bit like a stroke.

Thankfully I'm one of the lucky ones and with great family support I weened myself off the drug and am now back to full health.

I was originally prescribed it after an awful episode where my baby son almost died and I just lost the plot for awhile but if I'd known the full facts about this drug there's no way I would've taken it. Now I don't even take pills for headaches! I haven't seen a doctor in 5 years (except for a smear test) and neither have my husband or children - we're all very healthy apart from the odd cold here or there but nothing that's needed medical intervention.

As someone else said, maybe if I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, or something similar, then I'd agree to take whatever drugs were recommended but I'd be worried the whole time about the effects of the drug just as much as I would be about the actual disease/tumor killing me.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Medical studies authored / fabricated by the shamed Dr. Scott Reuben
theholisticoption.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
so over it man.....

this dude needs the death sentence (yes, serious)

his "studies" influenced these drugs being approved, being available to millions, screwing them up even more then the condition they were supposed to help

scum human

Fritzl, this sumbag, A.I.G....and all in one week....messed up world....

so over it....

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
[edit on 19-3-2009 by son of PC]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
What REALLY PISSES ME OFF is that I suffer from several of the things these studies were about!!!!!

Having had a spinal fusion I can assure you there is no pain greater than waking up from that surgery! (I have dealt with kidney stones, childbirth and several abdominal surgeries so I have felt pain) I was on both Vioxx and Celebrex and i can assure you that NSAID's are just as effective for arthritis pain.

If you are blessed with a strong body you just don't realize how lucky you are. Bottom line, they call it practicing medicine because they haven't gotten it down to a reliable science yet. red

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I know its extreme but I wouldn't mind seeing people like this that abuse power given a death sentence. I'm actually against the death penalty but these people in power can have a huge impact on literally millions of peoples' lives. In China, they kill powerful people in the private and public sector if they get out of line. I think they executed one of the top executives for knowingly putting melamine in the pet food, and that only hurt pets!!! One of the few things we should actually learn from China.

These people at the top are no morons by any means, they know what they're doing. Add the death penalty as a possible consquence to their deliberate, illegal selling out of the average Joe, and you'll see them shaping up in no time. These aren't accidents when people at the top do this sort of thing. But of course, we give them a slap on the wrist and say "that was bad" but we actually want it and encourage it, which is why it won't end any time soon. "Please kill your fellow man if it makes money!!!" is basically the thought process currently.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Commerce and Medicine.

What a wonderful combination!

If you really feel outraged, and you have adequate resources....

Call you local news station ... ask them why this isn't newsworthy to them.

Not everyone combs the net, or wants to sift through hundreds of pages of crap pablum the media spews out in order to find that one day they did mention this event briefly, if only to convey that it's all OK now, because we know and our leaders are 'looking into it.'

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join