It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did you cook and bake in the past week?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I just cooked chilli with rice and a semi hard boiled egg... Notheing special about that but I would like it known that as I sat down to eat it I sat on a wasp and it stung me in the left buttock/hip area. I was most annoyed and the wasp is most dead,

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
I just cooked chilli with rice and a semi hard boiled egg... Notheing special about that but I would like it known that as I sat down to eat it I sat on a wasp and it stung me in the left buttock/hip area. I was most annoyed and the wasp is most dead,

hahahaha!!! sorry to hear! they still sting like heck don't they?!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

thanks for the sympathy! - about 2 hours now and I can still feel it - the sting was still attached to the wasp so it can't of broken off.

Well at least I've confirmed I'm not allergic! I do actually think that may be my first wasp sting - I've been stung by bee's about 5 times (3 of them on the same occasion!)

As this is a cooking thread I had a quick google for wasp recepies... Surprisingly there is not much out there - apparently you can boil them and the poison in the sting will be deactivated... I'm thinking about making my own strawberry jam with wasps in it!...

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
-fried chicken strips, using flour, eggwash, and crushed saltines for breading.

-Some grilled burgers.

-Molasses cookies made from half-'blackstrap' molasses half-honeysyrup. They were sweet and strong, and very good.

Planning on homemade chili this week.

...yeah, I know, I need more veggies..

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Finally made a meal last night.
This thread made me realize how long it has been since I actually cooked.
I have been ordering in most nights or buying my food already made.

I had homemade potato and leek soup.(I didn't make it lol)
2 hardboiled eggs.
a plate of sliced cheese
shrimp in garlic butter.
Nothing fancy but it was good.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Potato Soup
cinnamon rolls (from scratch of course)
tater tot casserole, but I added spinach, corn, and cheese.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonking76
-fried chicken strips, using flour, eggwash, and crushed saltines for breading.

I never thought of using crushed saltines for breading.
Great idea! I usually go with croutons, but I'm going to try your way!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I made oatmeal with m&m's, gummy bears, raisins, banana slices, and grape jelly all mixed in. It was like eating soggy cake! mmmmmm!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I tried baking cookies once.

Those were the worst cookies I have ever had, they were black, flat, and stuck to the pan.

Since then I have never tried baking again.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by nick_napalm]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by nick_napalm

It happens to the best of us
I've been trying my own versions of recipes since I was a child, and there were a few of those experiments that were against nature.

For me, though, that is the fun of cooking/baking: learning what does and doesn't work.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

Yes, I think I should try baking cookies again.

Maybe like these guys

And from what I hear Kreator's Pleasure to Kill album is good music to bake a cake to

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
All sorts
I baked a birthday cake with straberry jam and cream for my wife, a nice potato gratin, a good steak and veg meal, and my favourite was the chicken in white wine and cream sauce. There was more im sure but that will do for now.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Just finished making a whole stack of pita bread. We learned in the aftermath of Hurricane Paloma that pita bread was great for simple meals, and didn't cause us to waste water cleaning dishes. Simple. Works well for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pita bread takes some time, but it's easy to make. You cook the yeasted and rolled out bread very hot, and it forms the pocket.

That's just one of the many systems that stayed with us after we got power back 68 days later. Pita bread good. Felafel is easy to make also, and is a natural for that.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

Let me know how it turned out. I thought it was pretty good, but I haven't tried any other method.

This week for me: Fried tenderized steak, thicknin'(brown, made from drippings of the steak)gravy, and rice.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Made 3 Sisters soup...

Green beans, butternut squash, corn, white potatoes, sweet potatoes... yum.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Made my wife pizza for her Mother's Day dinner.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6cb05ffe0ecd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
lemon pepper steak .mmmmmm

Take a Decent thickness piece of steak(rump is good)

Crush up some tomatoes,
add basil,black pepper,lemon juice,balsamic vinegar and garlic salt.

Beat the living snot out of the steak.
Cover with your mix-up.

Stick in fridge,leave to marinade overnight(trying to sleep without dreaming about it)

Take out the steak in the morning to warm to room temp.

Add extra-virgin olive oil to frying pan or griddle pan,heat till hot but not smoking.

Add steak.. cook for 3-4 minutes.. TURN ONCE.. do other side.
Take out steak and cover with tin foil (your old conspiracy hat does nicely) leave for 5 mins.

Eat.. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hello all! Last night I made salmon, heavily seasoned with pepper, garli salt, basil and parsley. I then served it over penne pasta mixed with a can of fire roasted tomatoes (yum), a lot of basil, pepper, garlic and parsley as well as grated parmesan cheese. It turned out really good!

Then, for fun I had a package of chicken breasts so I baked them with cream of mushroom soup. I thin out the soup with some Lea and Perrins, adding chives and a little bit of dijon mustard. This one is an old stand-by from my grandmother that I jazzed up to my own tastes. Now tonight I can get some stuff done and won't have to cook again! (I love to cook and have 100's of cookbooks, but always go back to these tried and true types!).

Have a great night!
FMF

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Bacon Fried Perogies

• Start with 1 full package of bacon. (I like maple bacon, myself). Cut all the strips into quarters. Fry to desired color/crispness. Remove from pan and place on paper towel.
  • Drain most of the bacon grease from the pan but leave about 1mm in. (Just enough to fully cover the bottom and leave no dry spots)
  • Add in completely thawed perogies. Mix them all around ensuring they all get thinly coated by the bacon grease. I add cracked pepper here, too but no salt, as it's in the bacon grease.
  • Fry them at 325-350 until they are all nearing the desired golden brown color.
  • With about 5-8 minutes left in cooking time, add half an onion chopped into strips, any way you like.
  • When the onion starts to get soft, add the bacon back in and mix it all together.
  • Serve on a plate with cheddar sprinkled on top, or add all to a baking pan, top with double the cheddar and bake at 375-400, until the cheese is golden on top.

MMMmmmmm. One of my favorites.

[edit on 5/12/2009 by Static Sky]

• posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:31 PM
    link   
    I baked salmon with tomatoes and peppers , served with yellow rice on Monday
    Yesterday was Stewed Cabbage and Chicken with white rice
    Today is spaghetti and meatballs (turkey)
    Tomorrow is ?????? to be determined

oh I have to bake "rock buns" for my grandmother either today or tomorrow....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join