It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Purported UFo footage Silbury Hill England

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

You are right about that. it can't be contemporary, as the flowers are not in bud over here in March and trees not in leaf... However, having said that, was *new* to me and i haven't seen it discussed as yet.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Those are flares being dropped. They light up the ground below as they fall to the ground. The first 15 seconds of the following video (0:00-0:15) shows a flare doing exactly what flares do and exactly what is in your video:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
my bad

2nd line

edit out for doh

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Seany]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I doubt that very much... Just look at the strength of the breeze in the video. If those are flares they would be moving far far quicker and most certainly wouldn't be able to hold a steady course... I believe, though someone might confirm or deny this that, the wind in that clip is sufficiently strong to cancel all ballooning activity as *unsafe*. Dropping flares in that sort of wind they are liable to end up along distance from any intended target. Ie, it would render dropping them, a pointless exercise

From the Beaufort scale...Leaves and smaller twigs in constant motion. equates to a wind speed of 8-12 mph 12-19 kph...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

The flares in the video I watched in the OP were all falling. Every single one fell to the ground and new one's were dropped. Not sure which video you were watching.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

So how do you explain that the wind is blowing from left to right in the clip and the *flares* aren't? Just look at the footage at about 4minutes 25 and the movement of bush/tree to the right... and yet you are suggesting flares wouldn't be blown in the same direction? or do these *flares* have little motors on them?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
They are obliviously not flares . Theres no smoke and they seem to be floating not falling at all . Not to mention that one pops up out of no where.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
So how do you explain that the wind is blowing from left to right in the clip

You have no idea of the videographer's surroundings. The wind will blow different ways behind buildings or on different sides of buildings. Don't just assume things so you can make stuff up.

Originally posted by bluemooone2
They are obliviously not flares

They are exactly flares. You can make up whatever you like to make yourself feel better. But they are the same color, they fall slowly through the sky to light up the ground, then they fall to the ground.

If it walks like a dog and barks like a dog....

Theres no smoke

In the OP's video, you're not going to see smoke that far away and with the poor quality of the video and the flares being blurred most of the time from the camera trying to zoom.

they seem to be floating not falling

You must not have watched the whole video. They all fall straight to the ground. Slide the video slider quickly back and forth to see what I mean.

Also, that's what flares were made to do. They don't "float", but fall slowly to light up the ground below. If you play the video fast with the slider, you can see every flare drops to the ground.

Not to mention that one pops up out of no where.

That's exactly what they do. When they're ignited, they look like a bright light out of nowhere.

A little Google research wouldn't hurt you.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
OK , I think you may be right as the camera zooms in , it gives the objects a more distinctive shape then it has as an effect of the lens I guess . From a distance they do look like flares.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Not impressed at all.

The "lights" appear to be one light that is out of focus & possibly reflecting off something at one point.

Not how the "lights" all change colour & pulsate at exactly the same time.

I think it's just an out of focus light and with no reference point it could be anything.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Those are flares being dropped. They light up the ground below as they fall to the ground. The first 15 seconds of the following video (0:00-0:15) shows a flare doing exactly what flares do and exactly what is in your video:

www.youtube.com...

YEP, these are almost certainly flares dropped by the military. I've seen them a thousand times...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
The OP's video is very similiar to these videos I've seen before, some people like to call them "diamond" ufo's. Here are a few example videos that show the same thing that's captured on the video you posted.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Now, watch this video and what you will see is a short demostration of how different cameras make different image artifacts (effects), in regard with focus/defocus actions.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Armin]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Surely if it is flares, then there will be a record of military/rescue operations in that area on that date. Time for some research.

Before we declare it IS this or that, we need to prove it.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

really? are you serious? The flare video in NO WAY resembles the other footage. Where was all the smoke trails? The OP's video had no smoke anywhere, and the ground was not lite up at all. I'll have to say your disinformation will not work on this one.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Armin

I agree. The diamond shape is probably a distortion, however, there were so many unidentified lights, no one can say it was Venus, the moon or some other large star. Don't look anything like helicopters either.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

I have seen some flares some years ago (and I even caught one of the small parachutes still attached to the metal casing), and they did not left any smoke trail.

Also, if we cannot see the ground in the video we cannot see it illuminated by any possible flare, and I think this image shows the best we can see of the ground below the lights in that video.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/521f923fcc00.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well , I live near another of the MOD's testing sites, down here in Essex. They are often testing flares, and my father (may satan chew on his soul ) works there as an observer, and has other duties about workshops and sheds there. I have seen countless flare tests over the years. This isnt one. Flat out isnt one. To anyone ELSE who wants to shout flare, I would suggest you go off and look at some. They drop way faster than the objects in the video and are VERY reactive to wind direction.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I was under the impression that crop circles were all totally debunked...Did I miss a memo?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Great vide
Must say that the witnesses sounded (scuse pun) down to earth people, who were clearly perplexed by what they were seeing. So I would personally be inclined to rule them out as hoaxsters themselves.

PS Anyone out there know if meteorites burn green ? While driving the other day i caught a bright white flash from the sky in my peripheral vision. A couple of seconds later my young son shouted "Christ dad did you see that?" he pointed to where the white flash had come from and described a green thing shooting across the sky, it was a cloud free day.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
These to me are clearely parachute flares.

You can see some of the lights drop slightley when they come on, like a parachute flare lighting mid air. And they all seem to stay on for 40 second, much like parachute flares. www.youtube.com...

The glare from the lights makes them look larger, and very hard to see the smoke trails. If the camera was closer and the lighting better, the smoke would be visible.

If you want to buy some a see for yourselves.....www.landfallnavigation.com...

[edit on 19-3-2009 by topcat7]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join