It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Do you think this is a spring break thing or has ATS just (d)evolved a bit in the last few months?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I've got no idea. Some that I've seen are posters that have been registered for a few years but that you don't see on the boards very often. Some are new.

Spring break? Maybe.
Summer is the worst though.

It seems to come in waves.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Intrepid...I just found this thread...I wanted to ask advice.

I've definitely got better at not feeding the trolls. I make a big effort. I don't know what to do about language that makes me uncomfortable to be around even although I want to repsond to one of my favourite threads, but isn't too strong enough...maybe...to justify hitting the alert button. So I just decided to ignore it, and maybe I'm just being sensitive, as it hits a sore point with me. How bad does something have to be before I engage Mod time over possibly nothing?

When posting here, I always have my 14 year old nephew in mind...he's way smarter than me, and would give many people here a run for their money when it comes to intellect, but there are subjects and language that I would not want him exposed to. I always imagine that he might be posting on the same threads, and it keeps me mindful of what I'm saying and how I'm saying it. ATS should be totally acceptable and accessible to smart kids like him. I would love him to learn how to debate properly, but in a civil and dignified manner.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Hit the Alert button and the staff will determine if it's a violation of the T&C.

As to posting, I think you've got it spot on.
More people should keep in mind this is an all ages site.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by FlyersFan

Do you think this is a spring break thing or has ATS just (d)evolved a bit in the last few months?

In my whole less then a month on ATS, I am noticing this really repetitive pattern of different posters that make up something that can't ever be proved or debunked either way.

It does seem really easy to spot these posts to me. When someone is genuine, you can catch some bit of a tone in their words. I'm not perfect at it, but I am improving.

I have no idea, maybe ATS has always been like this. It does seem that too much flaming and childish warring is going on. It has discouraged me from entering into debate lately. Now I just look for news, and read the occasional "OMG I HAVE PROOF" threads, for entertainment value.

Most of my entertainment comes from the efforts of the debunkers moreso then the actual story itself.

My favorite line somebody said, I believe him more then you because he has more ATS points. (doh, I think I just figured out my signature when get one)

Cheers,

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Thank you so much for bringing this up. It hasen't happened to me yet here, but I have seen those kinds of posts, I call them Trolls, and my heart HURT for the Original Poster. See, the thing is, those little gremlins don't even say, "You are the fifth thread of the same thing." They don't even do that, all they are, IS MEAN. It's terrible. THEY are the ones who are the "WASTE" of bandwidth, they need to leave ATS and never return.
edit on 1-5-2011 by simone50m because: edit

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sticky

"In my whole less then a month on ATS, I am noticing this really repetitive pattern of different posters that make up something that can't ever be proved or debunked either way."

This is NO excuse to be mean ------ to someone. I remember when I was at a different forum which I did not know were full of self annointed "skeptics". They were a gang/mob mentality pack of sheer BULLIES. They were the most cruel psychopathic inhuman inhumane, vicious, vicious, entities I ever in my life, had the misfortune of encountering, and I had been an outright crime victim (mugging) in my life. I have noticed a new 'idea' that has been implemented by a number of characters out there, where they decided, "We will bully, threat, intimidate, extort, the "truth" < as they decide it) out of an experience claimant.
Even if the person is someone who made the mistake of only hinting at their (yes totally real true) experience, much less trying to outright publicise it.
edit on 1-5-2011 by simone50m because: edit

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join