It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dodd facing fresh political firestorm

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Yet another update. As I suspected, more are starting to come out of the woodwork and blow the whistle on this. Oregon Democratic Senator Ron Wyden is also pointing the finger at the Obama administration now.

Sen. Snowe and I put a lot of hours into that effort. We had a bipartisan provision that in my view would have set up a huge disincentive for somebody paying out bonuses like was done in the AIG case,” Wyden said. “We both pushed very hard to persuade the Obama economic team to go along with our approach, and unfortunately we weren’t able to convince them.”

Link

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Don't forget guys, tonight you get to watch Obama on Leno.

Do ya' think Leno will ask him about it?

Although if he DOES, I'm going to really start getting upset as this whole thing is exposed (more and more all the time) as a circus act.
A theatrical production.
A farce.

I mean, the timing of the AIG things is uncanny. Bonuses given a lot of airtime to keep people's minds off the fact that we just sent more than half of that bailout money to Germany, Spain, UK, etc.

Now that it is evident that he made that call to begin with, after acting appauled about it, is a fine time to circumvent any negative publicity surrounding the thing.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

S&F!

Look, there really wasn't a loop hole so to speak. These bonus payments were inserted long before the bail outs. It was written in contracts, which means the government has NO say so about bonuses. What they aren't telling you is why they let over 100B go to different companies through AIG, $66B of which went to China and other countries. But there is no outrage over that. No one talks about that. I really don't care about the bonuses, glad they got them, and listening to congress and other officials jumping on board saying they wanted to tax them 100%, or retroactively taking the money back, is ridiculous. It is against the constitution to allow government to get involved in day to day operations of private industry, and they can't come in and tell you which contracts are ok and which aren't. Why do you think they don't mess with the FED? Because they can't, well and they don't want to. How would you like the government coming in and telling you your contract is now null and void and if you want to continue to work here you have to sign a new contract for less money and benefits or find a new job?

STOP FALLING INTO THE MOB RULE MENTALITY! The government is like a group of kids around a fight, chanting and egging it on because while you are distracted, BAM a bunch of bs laws are going to get signed right under your nose, just like with the Britney Spears scandal a couple years ago, well the fact that the nut-job was all over the news what happened? While everyone was distracted Bush and congress swept through that executive order what was it NPD 51 or something were anytime a crisis deemed by the President he takes control over everything, he becomes a dictator. Now we see with all this hoopla, Congress in the middle of the night signed a "study" on mandatory service. Congress is smoke and mirrors. And the blame falls right back on us.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

One thing positive about this...the MSM actually dug up a story then had the guts to report it!! WOW, it's been a long time since the MSM has reported any actual news, I kinda forgot what it was like. Let's hope this sets a trend (I'm not holding my breath, though).

It is so entertaining to see Obama first say, "Well we just have to move on." when the AIG bonus story broke. Then, when it was evident the major portion of the citizens were outraged he comes out and says, "Well I'm outraged, too." Now, he says, "Well, yeah I guess it was my fault afterall" I guess this waffeling should be expected. Remember he claimed he was the CHANGE President. Change your story every other day...Just livin' up to his promise.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany
reply to post by jam321

Just wait till the Spin Doctors do there "magic"

Obama will come out smelling like a rose

Remember this post

Your anger will be misplaced again

Welcome to THE LAND OF THE FREE

Hows my prediction carrying out ??

The sheeple of the USA will follow this GOLDEN CHILD on to the trains

s i n g in g Kom By Ya

Obama is untouchable

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
great thread. star and flag.

Dodd has just comitted suicide. his last words will be "do not shoot me...".

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
jay leno wont say crap about nothing it will all be softball...

if i was leno id ask why the hell he tried to screw over the military with that healthcare nonsense.

then id ask him why he lied today about saying noone in this current adminstration wrote the aig contracts-guienther did as we all know
then id ask him whys hes covering for frank and dodd.

thats just me but the leno show will be composed of mostly stupid crap.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
maybe the whole congress department should be fired and have some
new people in our congress who can read the documents that are
brought to the attention of bonuses.
This cover up is a mess now and guess what, who pays for this mess?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
OK folks this junk has gone far enough! Next election, no incumbents from any party! Vote them all out. Put your local PTA president in there.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Dodd is toast.
Sure he stuffed his coffers full though...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join