It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

65 Democrats in the House of Rep.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
You guys gotta' read this!

I'm tellin' you join the NRA they are making this happen!

www.nraila.org...

Roper

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Roper

WE ALL,are making this happen. My congressman has been inundated with calls,e-mails and mail over second amendment rights. I'm sure that these other congressmen and women have been contacted as well.

We can and do make a difference. We have to use our voices and be more persistant.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
criminals will always have guns the average joe trying to protect his family and home wont have any chance cause we all know the police cant be everywhere all the time and the dude on here who said police are too little too late and just clean up the aftermath hit the nail on the head.

i am pro gun and will always will be.

i am sick of democrats trying to take away more and more freedoms
i am sick of people blaming guns-ITS THE PERSON PULLIN THE TRIGGER PEOPLE. a gun can sit on a shelf for decades and not hurt anyone.

i agree wholeheartedly-call call call raise hell make yourself heard!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I agree with the both of you. BUT, doesn't feel a little strange for 65 Dem's to stand up to this Administration about gun control?

I enjoy this happening but generally gun control is one of the holy grail of the Dem's causes.

Are they trying to get us off balance or do they mean it?

Roper

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Star and flag for you.

Thanks for posting this info! Now we just need more people to see it. I'm currently not a member of the NRA but with everything that's going on I think it may be time to open my pocket book.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
You've got to remember that last time, a bunch of REPUBLICANS voted for the gun control of Bill Clinton.

At the 2004 vote to expand it for 10 years: Republicans voting YES:

Chafee (R-RI), Yea (not there)
Collins (R-ME), Yea (still there)
DeWine (R-OH), Yea (not there)
Fitzgerald (R-IL), Yea (not there)
Gregg (R-NH), Yea (still there)
Lugar (R-IN), Yea (still there)
Smith (R-OR), Yea (not there)
Snowe (R-ME), Yea (still there)
Voinovich (R-OH), Yea (still there)
Warner (R-VA), Yea (still there)

So with democrats in majority in the senate, Obama would only need to bring it to the senate, it will pass for sure, with at least 6 republicans senators voting for gun control. Basically, Obama would have 62 votes for gun control. They could even ditch 2 democrats.

10 republicans voted yes... out of 51... 20% gun control is increasing.

In 94 for the ban: 7 out of 43... 16%.

Chafee (R-RI), Yea
Danforth (R-MO), Yea
Jeffords (R-VT), Yea
Kassebaum (R-KS), Yea
Roth (R-DE), Yea
Specter (R-PA), Yea
Cohen (R-ME), Yea

And those democrats... we'll wait for the votes to believe them. Remember FISA?

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Good post!
Star for you.

Keep that list handy to repost if any bills make it for a vote.

It's good to know who to call.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Im not American..but ive always heard bad things about the NRA and their purpose..

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Then what you heard is probably a lie. All the NRA is attempting to do is protect one of the constitutional rights of the citizens of this country. They're accused of being too political sometimes, but this is a political battle and the attacks on the 2nd amendment are mostly coming from one side of the political spectrum.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

That's certainly a problem, alright. There are enough liberal Republicans in the Senate that if it ever gets that far, any gun ban WILL pass. The best chance to stop it has always been in the House of Representatives. If those 65 stick with their position, I don't think the liberal Dems will be able to peel away enough Republican representatives to make up the shortfall. In other words, the gun ban issue is dead in the water if those 65 Dems stick with it.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I would like to know what you have heard?

I'm not going to flame you, but I maybe able to help you understand the NRA better.

Roper

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Your mixing the Senate with the Congress. These delegates that sent the letter are in Congress and that bill has to get through the congress before the senate ever sees it! Those Republicans you have listed are RINO senators and always have been. They have been counted as Dems for years. Congress is the place to concentrate our campaign. There's more on our side in the Dem congressional side than there is in the Senate.

top topics

join