It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just How Many Guns do the American People Have

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
We are all aware of gun ownership in the US and we are aware of the countries present situation. There is much talk of gun onwership, getting even more guns and more ammo but just how many guns are there out there.

Not only that what range of weapons are we talking about, if the poo hits the fan will gun ownership have an affect or not. Is there enough firepower out there to make a difference bearing in mind that resistance or revolution would only work in an organised framework.

There have been many attempts at removing the right to bear arms, could this happen in the future? Is this mass of weapons capable of bringing about change? Are people too soft or more worried about the consequences of their actions to take any action?

What would be the reaction if the right to bear arms was removed, would this action in itself precipitate a response from the people.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom
[more

Well if they take the ownership away then that should be your first clue they are worried...after all it is in the constitution right??
I think there is enough guns and people that if there was a revolution it would be organized simply on instinct.I also think that there is too many people to deal with so the army would not be able to do anything for very long.
I doubt they want to take your guns away because of society and how it has become.
What do you think??
Sorry I got a bit off topic.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
You can have all the guns you want, it won't help if you can't buy ammo for those guns and that is the plan.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Do you remember the DC sniper? 1 gun, and a lot of panic and death. Now imagine 100 people 100 guns, all working independently with nothing to lose, decided to take it upon themselves to do something. Can you imagine the implications for the government. Especially when the target was those attempting to take away the weapons and not a civilian population. This is what they are dealing with but instead of 100 people (just an example) I think it would be more like 100,000 people.

The NWO plan is dead in the water unless they manage to take away guns faster than people may react. This will be next to impossible, although they seem to operate under a freewill doctrine. Maybe food will be given out in exchange for weapons, once the economy collapses.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I will gladly give them my ammo first

Our Government needs to be 'scared' of the populace, not the other way around.....

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
How many guns do Americans have? Not enough!
How much ammo do we have? NOT ENOUGH!
The right to bear arms is what stands between the citizens and an oppressive government!
I'll stand with Thomas Jefferson on this one.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
My personal view is that I would like to think that if the poo does hit the fan that Americans do resist. That the Police , army etc. don't turn on their own people but history has shown us otherwise.

Also the Americn people have been tested many times and are continuing to be tested yet it has not provoked any collective response to make the perps change their minds or tactics.

I'm sure the perps will do all they can to remove private weapons and ammo. They have done it in other countries and still are and they have tried but failed to date in the US. But they wont stop trying, I just hope the people hold onto their guns and ammo.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I want a gun.
I love to shoot but the amo is SO expensive.
Too bad we humans have a need for weapons but we humans
do have a need for weapons.
So I want a nice handgun.

Bang bang shoot shoot!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
"America is now estimated to have between 238 million and 276 million privately owned firearms."
Source: www.commondreams.org...

And that doesn't include the arms owned illegally, which probably brings that number up to nearly 300 million.

Only about 25% of the U.S. population actually owns guns, and most gun owners have at least 2 guns.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I would be willing to estimate that the American people have WAY more guns than the government could ever muster up the effort to confiscate. But that's just a guess.

My 2-cents!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
How many Guns, I don't know but I do know the answer is more than five minutes ago

Now as far as for what ExPostFacto said. Yeah beware of varmint hunters, I covered the DC sniper story. The cops had not a clue. Those guys would have never been caught if they did not slip up and sleep in a rest stop where some civilian called the cops.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
According to en.wikipedia.org... almost 50% of American households.

Many people talk about how owning guns make them feel safer.

Maybe from a home invasion by another dumb flucking individual.

BUT

If a army / government (like ours) / police really wanted to "declare marshall law" and started rounding us up, a puny gun isn't going to save your sorry arse. Even a BIG ONE is no match for what is out there in weapon land available to our "rulers".

Are you folks even aware of the weapondry out there available?

Missiles that can be programed and fired miles away from where you're sitting. You wouldn't even know what hit you.

Guns, come on, unless it's a machine gun and then if up against a tank launcher that could take the whole side of your house out, or even a small missile as stated before, you and your house would be gone before you even know what hit you.

Like the suit of armour, any hand held gun is now obsolete in comparison to the stuff any army can get a hold of.

That's just the human army. If we ever have to confront a nonhuman army they may have a single beam that could fry your house / neighborhood /city to a crisp before you reached "your gun".

Guns are no longer the "king of weapons" unless you're talking protecting yourself against another single person invading your home. But, not a army, a government gone mad or worse.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Let me put it this way:

To the people who are even considering invading...

You don't want to know.

God I LOVE AMERICA!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I have discussed this subject matter with many common folks. All have a line in the sand.
Most will not state where they will draw said line, it just sounds like they kind of have a sense of when it must get ugly.

Somehow, I think we will manage.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I think guns are very dangerous. I don't think anyone who owns one should keep it anywhere were anybody at all but them could find it.

Guns are so dangerous that I personally believe when ever a person feels threatened in any way that someone in their presence or immediate vicinity might use one, they should do their very level best to take it away from them first.

This way nobody gets accidently hurt around people brandishing weapons.

I think the citizens would end up with all the weapons and ammunition they need if they are thinking proper gun safety.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
300 million guns. THAT is alot of lead!

As for a previous post mentioning missiles and tanks etc., I have a hard time buying that our own troops would fire on us. I'd like to think that most of them wouldn't.
As for UN soldiers coming in and duking it out with us, well that could become a very nasty possibility.

It's hard to say, would our own leaders bomb the crap out of their own country in order to maintain control? I could definitely see it happening, no doubt that's what all the underground bunkers and bases could be for.

This is all hypothetical though, so i'll let it go for now.
Scary stuff!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
I want a gun.
I love to shoot but the amo is SO expensive.
Too bad we humans have a need for weapons but we humans
do have a need for weapons.
So I want a nice handgun.

Bang bang shoot shoot!

Hi CindyMars, don't forget humans have a much more powerful weapon than a gun with them at all times. The power of your mind.

Never be afraid to use it and trust your instincts, it will get you through almost any difficult situation and never runs out of ammunition!

You are extremely well armed!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Xwino

WOW nice vids!!!!
I especially love that anti-tank gun in the first vid, holy freakin' crap!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent[/i

Are you folks even aware of the weapondry out there available?

Missiles that can be programed and fired miles away from where you're sitting. You wouldn't even know what hit you.

Guns, come on, unless it's a machine gun and then if up against a tank launcher that could take the whole side of your house out, or even a small missile as stated before, you and your house would be gone before you even know what hit you.

Like the suit of armour, any hand held gun is now obsolete in comparison to the stuff any army can get a hold of.

That's just the human army. If we ever have to confront a nonhuman army they may have a single beam that could fry your house / neighborhood /city to a crisp before you reached "your gun".

Guns are no longer the "king of weapons" unless you're talking protecting yourself against another single person invading your home. But, not a army, a government gone mad or worse.

I beg to differ. If said super weapons are deployed, I guess we are saving them for the alien invasion fore they certainly haven't been utilized in our previous occupations.
The concept that some folks APPARENTLY do not understand is wars / occupations require foot solders. The guys with the puny guns that go up against the other guys with the puny guns. You present a very naive concept of urban warfare.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

Well, it's not too hard to make your own ammunition. And what do you think the first thing people would do when or if they do outlaw ammo? So what if they outlaw the making of personal ammo? Well there are many things we do that are outlawed isn't there?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join