It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know this is a very minority opinion around here but...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Just as is your concept of a NWO is open to interpretation.
Prove it to the rest of us.

I think you know where you can place your Jedi mind games. Why don't you disprove it, using 'solid evidence'? While I think it's cute how you guys are playing around with the concept of "existence/non-existence" gleaned from your 2nd year Philosophy courses, I think this mode of understanding is inadequate.

Prove "love" exists. You can't "prove" it with a proposition and some logic operators if you don't have all the information. You can only see "love" in action.

NWO Skeptics want "believers" to waste energy trying to "convince" them. They say "convince me, because I am too lazy to present evidence for and against this NWO and actually debunk it". It's a game of power. Trying to "prove" anything is just a little power game. "I know something you don't" - prove me wrong they say. Hey, if you are one of those folks who take time to convince, then that's ok. There's nothing wrong with that. We "beleivers" are like the little boy who cried wolf. Well, I recall that the wolf eventually came by in that story.

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by Braatz]

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Although I respect all from the "No NWO" schoo of thought, I must say some of you are BLIND. The US goverment has very little to do with the NWO in my oppinion. What I mean by that is, it's just a vehicle the "knowing people" use to control those who don't know or who don't care to know! The goverment is a breeding ground for the NWO, being that they use our system to test world policies, and monitor the world reactions! Bush, Kerry, Clinton, you name him he serves someone else. The US government could never RULE the world, because the US system (government) itself was designed as a part of the world the "rulers" hope to accomplish. Some of us need to wake up. Of course theres a lot of talk about NWO, and this and that now... They have to get us used to the idea. They have to soften the blow, so their mission can be accomplished with LESS resistance! Just like the UFO thing, feed the masses a little at a time through many media outlets, and they will become accustomed to it! Check the Bushes, and you will find more conspiracies, secret societies, and underhandedness tied to them, than to any other family in US history...(to my knowledge)... All I have to say is, when the Police state come to fruition, probably within the next year or two, I wonder how many of you non-beleivers will think it's truelly for the best interest of the country. Some people need to be burned to relize fire is hot! Thank ME that I can THINK for MYSELF!

Edited for Spelling errors

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by Freeworld_Esq.]

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Braatz

Just as is your concept of a NWO is open to interpretation.
Prove it to the rest of us.

I think you know where you can place your Jedi mind games. Why don't you disprove it, using 'solid evidence'?

Jedi mind games and 2nd year courses? Now that's funny!
I mean funny in a childish kind of way.....

I never claimed to want to disprove it. I just said that I have not seen enough evidence to be convinced of a NWO and therefore no need to really give it much thought beyond it being a possible hypothetical.

Lighten up....

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I have a hard time beliving in the NWO for reasons I've posted earlier, but in the effort to keep an open mind and at least listen to a comprehensive statement of the case for it , I picked up Rule By Secrecy by Jim Marrs, as this seems to cover a lot of ground from a lot of different time periods. The first few chapters are pretty interesting so far.

My question is, is this author credible and what do people think of this book?

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
I have a hard time beliving in the NWO for reasons I've posted earlier, but in the effort to keep an open mind and at least listen to a comprehensive statement of the case for it , I picked up Rule By Secrecy by Jim Marrs, as this seems to cover a lot of ground from a lot of different time periods. The first few chapters are pretty interesting so far.

My question is, is this author credible and what do people think of this book?

That is pretty much my take and stance on the subject as well. I do not dismiss the possibility but at the same time, I have yet to see convincing proof.

I am not familiar with that author.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Just like Braatz stated, prove love exists.
Asking for proof of a CONCEPT, proof of an IDEALOGY, is simply ludicrous.
The only way to prove an 'agenda' is by means of a written document attesting to the overall purpose of the group.
Any other form of 'proof' will be 'debunked' much the same way some of you are 'debunking' the NWO.

The conspiracy against mankind does exist. No question about it. Those of you on ATS that are attempting to 'debunk' it, are serving a treacherous master, knowingly or not.

And the great multitude will be deceived.

All any halfway intelligent person has to do is read the paper, watch the tv. They slip the stories in there on page 4 or 5, but atleast they tell us what they are doing to us as they are doing it.
But beyond that, if there was no evidence in the way of articles or whistleblowers or videos. If there was no internet or books that whisper of conspiracy. If there was no source of outside information and the only input you had was from your daily life, most of you today would willingly aknowledge that there is 'something wrong' in the world.
It is intrinsic. It is your sixth sense.
(no, i cant prove that exists either, nor can i prove i have a conscience, or that i am a patriot)

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Funny how everyone on the ATS boards claims to be a prophet or KNOW that such a thing as the NWO exists. It's just silly. Anyone who can think of such far-fetched theories without any proof and still become so loyal to the idea needs to spend some time outside the vicinity of their computer and get to know the real world.

Sure, it's possible, but so is every other fantastic thing you could dream up. I don't believe in the NWO, unless you're talking United Nations.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carvador
Sure, it's possible, but so is every other fantastic thing you could dream up. I don't believe in the NWO, unless you're talking United Nations.

Agreed.

I am not out to "debunk" anything. Believe what you want.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
You can't grasp the concept the NWO because of the times we're living in today.

That is why the Agenda of the NWO is to destroy 80% of the world's population and make you believe in it.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
And one more thing,

I believe that a one-world goverment is eventually going to be needed. It is the next logical step in mankind's evolution. We cannot go on forever with our current glorified tribal system.

That being said, I don't think a change like that will happen in our lifetimes.
Maybe 200 to 500 years from now sounds about right to me.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
You can't grasp the concept the NWO because of the times we're living in today.

Can't grasp? That is pretty arrogant.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Surely we don't have to explain the concept of proof now do we?

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Proof? Read it yourself, that's why your here right?

I can't believe people don't believe in a NWO when they are on this site.

Not only that but many current events are linked in some way or another to the NWO.

Why don't you read about the Congress of Vienna and how the Illuminati was completely tore down and shut down, for a while of course.

Then, read more.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Not only that but many current events are linked in some way or another to the NWO.

Why don't you read about the Congress of Vienna and how the Illuminati was completely tore down and shut down, for a while of course.

Then, read more.

I will read the COV.

Anyone can string together current events and claim that is a conspiracy. That is open to interpretation.

Just because we are on this site does not mean we have to believe in NWO.

I'll get back to you......

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Then, read more.

Illmatic67, if you look at my previous couple of posts you will see that I have picked up a book on this subject and am doing exactly what you suggest, reading. I even asked what people here thought of it and asked for feedback. I said I'm trying to look at it with an open mind but you NWO people seem to want us to take the same path of blind belief in what you say as you say we are taking believing the Govenment and the Media.

*sigh* I guess extremism exists on both sides of the debate, huh?

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Ok, I read the basic story on the congress of vienna.

I fail to see what it has to do with today's issues. It seems perfectly logical that the leaders/royalty of the time would want to get together to prevent another Napolean situation..... IMO. T If there is more to the story, I would like to know.

While searching around for more info, the second I put the word Illuminati into my search, all I got were wacked-out paranoid sites with very little basis in reality. There were too many. After 15+ search pages in, I could not take it anymore.

What are some good sites?

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
I said I'm trying to look at it with an open mind but you NWO people seem to want us to take the same path of blind belief in what you say as you say we are taking believing the Govenment and the Media.

*sigh* I guess extremism exists on both sides of the debate, huh?

Well, put. If I don't believe, then I am blind and incapable of grasping. But it is alright for me to believe blindly?

I am trying to keep an open mind like Ambient is.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I don't recall belief in the NWO as being a requirement for membership on ATS. I trust a moderator will let me know if I was mistaken.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst

What are some good sites?

www.prolognet.qc.ca...

That is a good website, it's not no paranoia type website. It's a good historical overview of the Illuminati.

Read the whole thing.

Ambient, I didn't mean it like that.

I wasn't a NWO believer when I first joined this site. I didn't even know there was a NWO outside the WCW.

EDIT: LINK

[Edited on 4-24-2004 by Illmatic67]

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Thanks for the links.

However, I am still not convinced. The Russian revolution was planned by the NWO/Illuminati because the Czar almost exposed it? Sorry, I don't buy it.

Also, it is an interesting read, but I like to know where authors get their info from. As far as I could see, there was none provided.

I am going to continue reading on the subject though.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join