It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers pledge to refuse disarmament demands

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I really hope that the ones that are signing this oath are actually going to stick to their guns. It's nice to think that the military and law enforcement would remember and honor their oath if it becomes necessary.

However i'm afraid that many of them won't if they are faced with treason charges and being court martialed for disobeying orders.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

I am quite offended that you wish to scrap our government. What would you put in it's place?

Where are you seeing this demand to disarm you? That would violate the second ammendment of the US Constitution which forms the basis of MY GOVERNMENT which I wish to keep.

I am quite offended that we no longer have the type of government that we are supposed to have, the type of government that our founding fathers outlined for us.

What would be put in it's place would be a government of the people, by the people, for the people, as was intended from the beginning and no longer holds true.

We now have a government that is more concerned with corporate america than they are with "the people" of America, just look at the wall street bailout, did the people want that, were we allowed to vote on that ? This government is focused on ruining this country by trying to turn it into a democracy, instead of leaving it the republic that it was intended to be.

In case you've forgotten a government of the people, by the people, for the people forms the basis for our true government. Take a look at what our founding fathers told us to do if this government ever got out of control and why we have the second amendment.

Take a good look around and you'll see this demand to disarm us all around you. Check and see what kind of second amendment rights we have here in Chicago.

I don't think you realize just how many of our rights we have already lost, and how many more they plan on stripping away from us.

As for the past eight years, you're not alone, we've ALL lived through it.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Why don't they publish the names ? Afraid of what ? What does it matter if they are active duty, will they be punished for saying they follow the Constitution ?

Publish their names, only criminals hide. Because their names are not published, that site could be a NWO site, why would they want others to observe how exactly the ones on that list go missing. But if the list is private nobody will know.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I am glad to see a Houston Police Sgt. taking the stance he did on the forum. I have to say I was asking a Houston Police Officer the other day some advice on which hand gun to buy and he was quite helpful and exciting to give me advice.

Off topic...
He for obvious reasons endorsed the Glock (that's what they carry) but I got a Springfield XDM and couldn't have been happier.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubergrasshopper

This government can't be salvaged. They are so open about their corruption and criminal activities that this "government" is simply too far gone.

Honestly, I can't believe our people are so dumbed down that we are not in a civil war right now. As a history buff, I don't think this passitivity will last much longer.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by ubergrasshopper]

Well, I doubt there would be much of any type of civil war, as it is the Fed's for the most part that the states are posturing against. Though you might find small pockets of looting and robbing very prevalent in the initial choas as the states (if a seperation were to occur) are mustering their authority to become city-states. The main issue is State vs Federal oversight and the military, assuming they follow the constitution, theorhetically will not side with Federalists because it would put them against their own families. The civil war was mostly over racism and the fight against it. This would e mostly a class war I would assume most predominantly drawn from the disappearance of the middle class and the vast gap which has developed between the rich and poor. Health care is another motivator as well as weapons ban issues being pushed federally. The recent move to make vets pay their own way after leaving active service will definitely make some soldiers and leaders thereof consider their side and yes, sides are being drawn IMO. The biggest motivator thus far from my view is the tax hikes, and lavish devotion of our money to corporations we did not agree to pay out and examples of such being AIG are really starting to push the envelope. It wont be a civil war as much as a slaughter of the richer politicians,fat cat CEO's and their pets, as well as Federal Heads. Though I anticipate all the small business owners are going to be looted and demolished before its over just because you have to consider the mob mentality in the chaos and mob mentality is never intelligent so much as instinctual.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
troops, I dont worry about. They are there to uphold our liberties and to protect the people, they dont follow the constitution because they have their own set of rules, but they do however protect the citizens ability to uphold the constitution. (if you get what I mean). Basically, they are here for the people, not the law makers.
Cops, I worry about. They are there to enforce laws, and laws are created by politicians. They cant afford to make judgement calls like the military can, they have to enforce whatever law that they seen broken. They are the ones I have always worried about, and still to this day, I cant trust very many of them. Not saying all cops are bad people, but I am just stating that they will be the ones that we will find ourselves fighting against if the SHTF. It wont be our troops, I can guarantee that.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Speaking as a Brit on the American issues , I feel that the Oath people are trying to do a good job, an honourable job, but unfortunately it will be like the old Russia. The State(s) will kill a few serving personnel both police AND army to make the others fear for their lives and the lives of their families, then the rest will just jump on command.
They will follow 'orders' no matter how repugnant to their consciense because they are scared of the State(s) and its 'secret police' who will infest their ranks trying to spot 'dissidents'.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I would be willing to bet that we will see Nat'l Guard implements of ressistance against the law enforcers....I mean to say if we see a serious war it will between these to factions. possibility?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Averysmallfoxx

hell man, I wouldnt know, I dont think that has ever happened has it?
If it did, we all know who would win that battle. Cops arent very well armed so it wouldnt take long for them to all of the sudden become 'civilians' hiding amongst the crowds. You do raise a good question though, and to tell you the truth, I dont think the cops would be stupid enough to engage in such an endeavor. I think that any kind of attempt at policing the people would be dangerous to whomever attempts it, but I dont think that is going to stop some from trying.
I said earlier that it was the cops I was worried about, and always have been worried about....but I worry to them up to the extent that I dont think that they will go beyond a certain point, meaning I do think that they will try to control the people on the streets in the event of 'martial law', but I dont think that they would be very successful at it after so long, they would eventually or more than likely get worn down over time. I dont think that they would fight against our troops though, that would be suicide.
So lets just try and keep them on our good sides. Just my oninion though.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

It's odd how I haven't heard anything about this organization in the last 8 years ????
Wasn't it just a few months ago that people all over ATS were worried about bush declaring martial law?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
Because their names are not published, that site could be a NWO site, why would they want others to observe how exactly the ones on that list go missing. But if the list is private nobody will know.

I know the guy who started Oath Keepers and I guarantee it's not a NWO operation.

His site has only been up for a couple weeks and it's very cool to see how the idea has snowballed. He's being interviewed by radio hosts across the nation, not to mention making the front page of ATS!

Originally posted by jfj123

It's odd how I haven't heard anything about this organization in the last 8 years ????
Wasn't it just a few months ago that people all over ATS were worried about bush declaring martial law?

Oath Keepers' founder (Stewart) is an award-winning Yale Constitution scholar, former Army paratrooper and Ron Paul supporter. He's personally appalled at how the Bush administration shredded the Constitution, trampled civil liberties and usurped executive powers. He thinks the foundation that the Bush administration laid threatens the freedoms of all Americans.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I don't recall if this is from a movie or if I just made it all up but I have a picture in my head of somone cowering in a corner and being labeled a threat. There are a few soldiers around. One soldier is gung ho on bringing this guy to justice and the one of the soldiers with him states that this man hasn't done anything wrong and that they just can't treat him like this. Just then, a lieutenant walks through the door, draws his weapon and shoots the man in the head, killing him. This is done to send a message to the rest of the soldiers to do their job.

Ain't it grand the times we live in.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I hope there is a revolution...and all you little whiny americans who need guns are taken care of. You guys and your second amendment...a archaic right that has no meaning today. You don't see the rest of the world crying and moaning about not having guns...most likely because we have all learned to defend ourselves without shooting each other. Boo Hoo...the government wants to take our manhood away...

[edit on 19-3-2009 by riggs2099]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece

Oath Keepers' founder (Stewart) is an award-winning Yale Constitution scholar, former Army paratrooper and Ron Paul supporter. He's personally appalled at how the Bush administration shredded the Constitution, trampled civil liberties and usurped executive powers. He thinks the foundation that the Bush administration laid threatens the freedoms of all Americans.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by GoldenFleece]

Hey thanks for clearing that up for me. Sorry for the misunderstanding

I've noticed that all of a sudden here on ATS, people seem to be speaking up and saying how bad things are NOW. Those same people had NOTHING to say when bush was trying to turn the US into a dictatorship. Glad to know he was on the job then too

I don't have time this morning but I'm excited about visiting his website, once again, thanks to your clarification.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

See, I see it differently. Its in our Constitution, its our right to bare arms in case of the Govt. trying to overthrow its people, thats what its there for.
Just because you guys didnt have the balls to stop it in your country, dont patronize us for defending ourselves against these people. No wonder they took your guns away, you let them do it. Its not our fault you didnt voice yourselves. I remember a poster in here a month or so back saying how he wished he actually did something to stop it, and warned us that if we didnt stand up for ourselves, we would turn into their state. Well, I think he is right. =)
You need to educate yourself.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
We Americans needs to expose the real basis of the pathological "need" to own a gun for protection as much as any nation in the history of the universe. The basis, I'm convinced, is rule by secrecy in general. Disclosure-Contact now!

add: There is NO purely political solution to our problems; only a mostly spiritual one (outside of any religion).

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Lightworth]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Don't sound all pissy at me..because guns make you feel more like a man. All I am saying is...after this whining you better have the balls to stand up for yourself...it's easy to write it...but can you do it....I highl;y doubt..the ones that usually talk the most are usually the ones crying and sucking on thier thumbs asking for mommy to take the bad men away...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
There are some interesting ideas on this thread.

I went and posted a comment on the Oath Keepers blog, but saw no list of 100,000+ signing some sort of new pledge. I have to say I agree with one of the posters in this thread that there should be no reason to sign something like this, as we (military members) already took an oath.

However I do see the need to 'remind' the officials in office that we do not serve them, but serve the People. It's very much like the states putting forth resolutions on the 10th Amendment... basically telling the Federal government that "we see what you are doing, we will not allow it if you continue, and we will not support your initiatives".

This country is moving and changing rapidly.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

Son, I talk about it, because I fought for it. I was a Marine, Iput my damn name on that piece of paper in order to fight for those freedoms.
You assume so much because you have no idea what it is like to fight for something, all you do is sit there and criticize people who excercise their rights because you are too damned P877y to do so. Keep talking, you keep making yourself look more and more ignorant with each stroke of that space bar. I highly suggest you look in the mirror and find out what you are really about, cause from here, it doesnt seem to me like you are about anything, just another hot head. So move along and enjoy your Super Soaker.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Guess they figured out who the real enemy is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join