It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-gun Democrats oppose new assault weapon ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Pro-gun Democrats oppose new assault weapon ban

www.google.com

WASHINGTON (AP) — Sixty-five House Democrats said Wednesday that they would oppose any attempt by the Obama administration to revive a ban on military-style weapons that President Bill Clinton signed into law in 1994 and President George W. Bush let expire.

The pro-gun Democrats, led by Rep. Mike Ross, D-Ark., wrote Attorney General Eric Holder that they would "actively oppose any effort to reinstate the 1994 ban, or to pass any similar law."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nraila.org

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
65 House Dems, huh? That combined with Pelosi's disapproval of a new AWB is making me feel pretty good about now.

Though, having lived through the '94 fiasco I cant relax one bit. History and experience wont allow it.

Good news regardless.

Here's a PDF of the actual letter:

www.nraila.org...

I havent read it yet and always the pessimist I partly expect there to be some disconcerting language.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I am speechless. To believe this, I'd have to be at the House of Reps and do a vote count.

With politics, if the Democrats want to pass something, they will. Our only hope is the Supreme Court. Besides, when does "honest" ever go with "politician"?

Of course, I'd hope this is true so supply can meet demand with ammo and firearms.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by guppy]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This is very welcome news, and part of the dynamic I have been talking about for a while.

The Democrats are not marching in lockstep in favor of gun control.

More and more are showing themselves to be Second Amendment supporters, and I think this trend will continue.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Good news, I'll wait for the vote if the legislation comes on the floor... because like Obama, they say something then do something else... remember FISA immunity?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
No its probably true
The NRA has a huge voter base and if these guys want to keep their jobs then then will fold...

the real trick is to get NRA to really mobilize and not just think its a sure thing

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I've personally talked to a few truthful police officers from around America. They actually said, "A police's job is not stopping crime. It is to file reports."

Anti-gun people. Think about that. How often do police stop a crime? Normally they have to wait until the crime occurs before they can do anything about it. That's what they call "stakeouts".

Only rarely do police stop crime. When they do it is because they were tipped off and the crime has "high priority". And what do you get from that? That's right! A "stakeout".

Do some research. Find out what's the response time for police to arrive at your home when responding to a 911 emergency call? Major cities are usually between 5 minutes to 2 hours.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I hope that there are more Democrats that see the light when it comes to vote on this bill. The guns on this bill aren't even assault weapons. I need to know when the vote is going to be so I can watch it on C SPAN. I hope common sense prevails and this bill fails miserably.

new topics

top topics

join