It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Telepathy Measurable?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Can telepathy be measured into frequencies such as hertz? I have been reading up on this topic and so far brain waves come out in many different low frequencies as labled: Beta- activity engaged/REM 15-40hz (or cycles per sec.) Alpha- non-activity 9-14hz (or cycles per sec.) Theta- Daydreaming 5-8hz (or cycles per sec.) Delta- Deep Sleep 1.5-4hz (or cycle per sec.). These are the most commonly measured brain waves accumulated from an "EEG". I also found the there is another brain wave called Gamma it is perception and conciousness (masses of neurons emit electric charges / signals 40-100+hz or cycles per sec.). My theory about telepathy is that the frequencies jump high enough to human hearing range which is 20-20,0000hz. I was pondering the possibility of getting a low frequency reader and applying the same effect as an "EEG" to measure the active brain wave / magnetic field around the brain to make a machine to counter the frequency and to have no more telepathy. Does anyone think this is possible?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I share your belief in telepathy but the only real way it could be measured is by having 2 telepaths who then prove others it is real.

Suppose you could invent a device/sensor that detects brainwaves it would prove nothing unless you also have a device that translates telepathic messages into something we can all understand.

Disregarding telepathy altogether it will take some time before scientists can actually invent a machine to read our thoughts accurate enough (even though there are already breakthroughs with thought controlled machines). And that is just by plugging a device directly in the brain, not receiving any thoughts transmitted by the brain which, if it exists at all, is even more complex.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I see your point. The one thing that bug's me about it is that sound needs an atmosphere to bounce particles in a sphere to provide the vibrations in the eardrum. Another question that pops into mind is how is telepathy heard with out your ears? But anywho there has to be a frequency in the output otherwise sound, in theory, could not be heard nor transferred. Although it sounds way out there, there has to be some type of physical evidence to be provided for this phenomenon.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You raise a very interesting question although I’m not sure that telepathy other than perhaps pure basic emotions can exist at these frequencies.

These frequencies also exist as radio waves and are used for submarine communication; they are limited however to very low bandwidths (a couple of characters per minute). However there is also a lot of natural earth phenomena which can be recorded and perhaps sensed by us (animals notice pre-earthquake signs for example). It’s worth bearing in mind with the brain that although the frequency cycles in the low hertz range, at each cycle billions of neurons fire.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
thanks for the input!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tukala
I see your point. The one thing that bug's me about it is that sound needs an atmosphere to bounce particles in a sphere to provide the vibrations in the eardrum. Another question that pops into mind is how is telepathy heard with out your ears? But anywho there has to be a frequency in the output otherwise sound, in theory, could not be heard nor transferred. Although it sounds way out there, there has to be some type of physical evidence to be provided for this phenomenon.

How did the question pop into your head? Where did it originate from?

If I would compare telepathy with physical phenomena (I believe it is something nonphysical) then the carrier for a thought would likely be some kind of energy, maybe like chi, ki or phrana as the opposite of matter as if you would turn it inside out. Because of differences in density just like differences in air pressure a thought might move from a source to a destination, the same as sound travels over air and can be measured by differences in pressure. A high and noble thought might be very dense and vibrant while a lowly destructive thought might be like a cloud, dimming the surrounding energy or consuming it as it travels from a source to a destination. Then finally when it reaches it's destination a person might feel very bad and the mind would find a logical reason for it which might be completely different than the original thought.

A spirit, something like you and I, might be a very compact sphere of this energy and by manipulating the energy around it one might create a tunnel to another spirit so time is synchronized (or rather temporarily merged), then whatever one thinks the other will become aware of.

If every human body is represented by a sphere of energy then from a distance you'd see many flashing dots moving around eachother. Sometimes they come close and connect and two persons might feel they "are on the same wavelength" or share a connection which can't rationally be explained, even to a point of finishing each other's sentences. When 2 of those dots connect they tend to act as one, each leading the other in turns. If they are not connected, one mind creates a thought which is then conveyed through the physical reality to another mind, like an echo or a delay.

What I'm curious about, maybe I misread but you want to invent a machine to prevent telepathy?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Exactly what I want to do. These are all great experoences but I'm trying to find a way to shut it off.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tukala
Exactly what I want to do. These are all great experoences but I'm trying to find a way to shut it off.

I'm fascinated by telepathy myself (or whatever it may be) and I'm also afraid if I shut myself off I'll have to go through the same ordeal to open up again so that's why I never really tried to shutoff myself. I have thought about it and maybe you'll find this useful.

The problem with shutting off is that you deny a part of reality which is very real to you, you must lie to yourself it doesn't exist in order to lose all contact. So basically you should lie to yourself which is quite difficult.

Maybe you should not think of shutting off completely but instead let go gradually, think in percentages and note each day wether or not you feel as if you've moved further away from telepathy or it becomes more intense. You'll have to fight for every 1% and it will take time (think in years). If you go too fast you'll only bounce back just as fast. Whatever you did that makes telepathy more intense for you should be avoided and whatever makes it less intense should be followed up. I don't believe it is a good thing for you to try and think about inventing a machine which might help you, because this makes you think more about telepathy and every time you do this it becomes more real to you, you're effectively setting yourself up to integrate another reality into your reality and the more you integrate them the more difficult it will be to untwine them.

Think of your mind like a pond of water and you are standing at it's edge looking in it's reflection. Whenever you think of something you add a color to the pond, if you think a lot about telepathy and that is like a red color sooner or later the water in the pond will turn red. But if you think about something else the pool will have a different color. It will take time and effort on your part not to let any more of the red color in the pond and replace it with another color.

The best way to shut it off (or bringing it down to a level you can live with) is by finding out what earthly activity you like most and put your heart and soul into it. Avoid boards like ATS, every site (and television series/book/magazine/people) that might trigger your imagination and opens you up to telepathy. Walk away slowly and without any resentment and never look back. Most of all be gentle and constructive with yourself and your thoughts and make yourself believe you alone have control over them you just need to take regain control over your thinking step by step in order to strengthen that belief.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
thanks!!! I actually started to do that everyday and everyone keeps trying to make it more real like they want me to have it and it ticks me off. but as you said i'll have to fight it all the way. thanks for the advice again take care!

new topics

top topics

join