It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother Rent-A-Car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
infowars.com...

You know, of course, that when you rent a car, your every move may be tracked.

You didn't know?

Well, neither do most rental car customers.

RENTAL CAR TRACKING FACTS

� Estimates suggest that about a quarter of rental cars in the U.S. are equipped with tracking technology.

� Customers of Payless Car Rental in San Francisco and Oakland were tracked electronically and fined between $786 and more than $3,000 for driving cars out of California, even though the customers say they were never told their contracts were for in-state use only.

� A customer of a Budget Rent a Car licensee in Tucson was also charged for driving out of state. The customer was allegedly told by Budget's employees, who tracked him electronically, what hotels he and his wife has stayed at.

� A rental car company in New Haven, Conn., imposed fines of $150 every time a customer drove over 79 miles an hour for at least two minutes. Regulators told the company to stop the practice and refund penalties.

just another way the NWO is ALL around us...

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This makes me more than a little nervous, since I just purchased a car that, in its former life, was a rental car. Any thoughts if they remove those devices or if they are likely to be still hanging around in my car??

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
great, just as I start looking for a good car rental rate for the week...oh well, they can track me, I'm only going to Orlando for some fun.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This isn't big news... and I personally don't believe tied to NWO in any way...

did you know that a lot of new cars purchased by the public have "black boxes " installed in them at the factory ?

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
This isn't big news... and I personally don't believe tied to NWO in any way...

did you know that a lot of new cars purchased by the public have "black boxes " installed in them at the factory ?

yes i did... infowars.com...

top topics

join