It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR 1388 just passed

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I am disappointed with both Bush and Obama. Some of can smell communism a mile away but others wouldn’t know it if it slapped them in the face. Some don’t have a clue about the trains and the camps either! If they did some research they might learn something.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Children singing to Obama as Hitler youth did. youtube link

www.youtube.com...://www.thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=2394

[edit on 19-3-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity
Besides, who in their right mind doesn't want to serve their community?

Well then. Given this, why would the Government need to make anything mandatory?

If it's you then you should probably move to a community that you wish to support. If you don';t wish to serve yourcommunity no matter what then I think you should be picked up with the garbage because you are why we need this stuff in the first place.

Ah. And so instead of picking people up with the garbage, you think it's better to cast the principles of America out the window and enslave people?

Under a cover of "community service?" If we give this power to the Government, to conscript us for social programs, we will see some very awful things being defined as "community service."

And then if they want more of us, it will go from a few months to a few years, until the child, adult and senior conscription is all one lifetime.

You are believing the altruistic paint job they have covered this creppola with, thinking it is done in all innocence. But it is not. It is to establish inroads to removing our freedom (and allow them to indoctrinate our youth).

VERY 1984ish. VERY Naziesque.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

It's a bill to look into the feasibility of getting youngsters to do something to improve and help their community rather than just trash it. As part of their education. I can understand why some disaprove.

yeah I'm all for improving the community, but mandatory labor? I think work programs for teenagers as an alternative to high school is a good idea, but I oppose anything mandatory.

Of course, if kids were raised better maybe it wouldn't be needed?

problem is too many of you cretins breed. kids would be raised just fine if there was a lot less of them. Over population is at the root of every single problem facing mankind. Yet, everyone just cant wait to start a family. How unimaginative the humans are...

Whose fault is it they drink, fight, vandalise and have no respect for anyone or anything else? The govts?

Oh this is what kids do? Really? because I do all that stuff NOW, I didn't used to do it when i was a kid! You're absolutely insane if you think kids engage in this kid of behavior with more frequency then adults....

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Congress doesn't need to put a bill into place to STUDY something. I worked for the gubmint for 14 and a half years. I have seen many think tanks put together over the years, none of which amounted to a "Study". I smell a revolution coming on.
The sad thing at first there are going to be a lot of people that say, "Whats wrong with that, kids these days need a little work, and should be helping out their communities". We need to stop idly going through life thinking the government is going to take care of us and everything they do is peachy keen. I feel the only way to stop this is to do a complete recall of all the senators and representatives and start over. I do believe if more of these laws go through we would have a case for impeachment of the President before this gets worse. This is not a democrat or republican issue anymore. This is an American issue, that soon is going to destroy us.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

I was born in Cuba and stayed long enough to remember the indoctrination at my private school, stayed long enough to see the "Voluntary" programs to cut sugar cane in the fields for the young and the adults (who btw, already had jobs), i mentioned in another thread if you defaulted when they made the rounds to pick you up for the "VOLUNTEER" PROGRAM, they either shot you or put you in jail for hard labor.
This is why most Cubans left. To come to freedom, and this country has been awfully good to us, and we love it- but you have to agree its kind of ironic that all this is going on here. As i said, they start with the young ones and then it will spread to everyone. The government took all the homes, businesses, banks, they controlled every facet of everyones lives.
This is why this all seems so scary to me.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I hope this link works better.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
by the way, whats all this nonsense about neighborhoods being trashed?

You people act like the USA is a huge garbage dump, and people just toss trash anywhere they want....

Look out yer window...RIGHT NOW, how much trash do guys see out there? How much graffiti? Evidence of violence?

Hmmm..let me have a look, I live in a major US city, so I should see something..

First thing I notice are the WASTE MANAGEMENT bins across the street. nice job, it seems my city has a waste management program with which to keep the city clean, the only litter I see is a yellow wrapper of some kind approx 15 feet from the bins, I'm sure one of these horrible kids that should be in a camp some where must have put it there...
Also, my neighbor has a Obama/Biden sign in his lawn still...boo.

No violence, and the only vandalism is on my car, but I did that myself! I suppose I should be in camp too, for spending my free time the way I choose too, or having any at all.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Now I don't care who you support, that is one creepy video!

Watch and listen to it closely to see what is going on ...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
TRUE religion always promotes morality.

Wow. What is "TRUE" religion? What is moral?

For me, there are ethics, which need no dogma to define them. "Moral" is interpretable. Some think it's moral to cut off a hand for stealing a piece of candy - but I am certain it is not ethical.

Back on topic, we are so pre-Nazi takeover is makes me ill.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This really is quite sickening. Is this what the FEMA camps were built for? The "volunteers" that don't?

Am I the only one who believes this is the administrations way of creating the so-called civilian secruity force as well funded as the army that they previously spoke of?

I haven't seen anything about when it is going to Senate for the 'vote'. Anyone know?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
Personally - I think getting kids involved with volunteering is a Great Idea. My daughter has been involved with me in volunteering with the Red Cross, we have raised a large amount of money together for them.

So, having kids volunteer is a very good stepping stone, to helping others in less fortunate situations.

I don't see a problem with getting kids involved with the community, infact it can help us - by kids having my empathy for others.

Sure, if parents want to have their children volunteer, I have no issues with it.

But this is a start for setting up slavery in the pretty dress of "service."

True service comes from the heart. It cannot be forced.

Most kids would resent it. And this bill is to conscript (enslave for a time) children, adults and seniors. So it will affect ALL of us. And...

"Community service" is nebulous. The Government can define it as they like. Which gives the Government an opportunity to enslave and indoctrinate us all at their whim.

There is evil afoot with this bill.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes,
You are correct! History keeps repeating itself, and very few heed its warnings. Some on ATS see this happening If our leaders did, they would know that todays massive attempt to transform our culture by nationalizing education will only bring repression, opposite of freedom To me it’ seems like one big organized GANG. We have enough of them running around in our states. We do have the right to form militias but shouldn’t be manatory sevatude for our youth to do. . Manipulative strategies will only create human puppets, not independent thinkers. Those who agree with this should look at the negative consequences it may have.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You know, I have to say I'm not usually one of those "this guy is the new Hitler" types but I'm starting to see more and more correlations between Hitler and Obama than I ever did between Bush and Hitler. I also love the term "mandatory volunteering", who would've thought that our first "black" president would be the one to reinstate slavery.

I also feel the need to add that I'm not a republican or democrat, I'm an American and put America's well being before any party affiliation.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

I was the same way. I was all about Obama, until I learned all of his grand plans for change during his first 100 days. It makes no sense to me either, that being the first black President, this stuff is being done. It’s crazy! You must remember that there are more Obama worshipers out there than we know. I think it’s about 55% of the population. Most are busy debating the stimulus bill, TARP, bailouts and the economy I’d like to see a recent poll after the Senate passes this bill. They will still be blinded. Like my dad said “Back in the old days no one questioned our Presidents we trusted them” Times have changed. mandatory volunteering is right!

[edit on 19-3-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
For the life of me I cannot understand why people are against community service. Are we all so lazy and selfish and self serving?

No, but by the same token...we don't want to give our Government the power to conscript us for purposes they define (just what all is contained in "community service?" Who defines it?), and to also indoctrinate (and teach them to snitch, ala Hitler Youth and 1984).

Do you really think that they would not take the mile if we gave them this inch???

What harm does it do to teach children to have an interest in and to care for, the community around them?

Hey, no harm whatsoever. And I encourage parents to do this teaching! The Government should not be the one to have this responsibility thrust on them. It is to the parents to do so.

Reading the bill, it seems most everything is more about giving more opportunities for such involvement.

Oh, you are one they LOVE! Sure, they speak of this insideous move in happy, happy, glowy terms, and you are lapping it right up. It is written to trick you into thinking that some good can come of this. But it is VERY Hitler Youth in its motivation.

Though I agree, manditory inscribement is a touchy thing, but we already have laws that make school a manditory experience, so what harm does it do to have children spend a very small amount of time being involved in the community around them?

You may note that school (ostensibly) is a thing to actively enhance each individual, irrespective of any others. It is fine to require our future adults to learn things. But we're talking about forcing them to do undefined things involving others. And these things will be at the whim of the Government - and could easily include doing things we don't agree with or otherwise have issues with.

I'd think these are the sorts of values that the very people who are upset about this, would like to see in their children.

Sweetheart, if *I* want my children to have specific values, I instill them to the best of my ability as a parent. I do not cast this parental responsibility onto a Government that has a poor track record at best.

We complain that the younger generation is lazy, and sits around watching TV all day and playing video games, are rude and disrespectful. Why not get them involved with their community? Make them aware of the people, the issues?

Go parents! Get your children out of the couch and into some constructive activity!

I still cannot see how anything negative could come from this.

I am so sorry. Vision is not your strong suit, I would guess.

If you read the bill, it seems to mostly be about establishing opportunities for such things to happen, and providing incentives for doing so.

At best, this is "softening us up" for what will pass, placing in our minds the rosy ideal we think we will be getting, but the power is being placed so that we will no longer be parents. They will control our children.

And as it was pointed out... Since when did we need a BILL to study something!?!?!

We complain that society today is so cold, that we don't even know our neighbors, that no one seems to care about anyone other than theirselves. So again, how could it hurt to try and get people more involved?

By giving the power to some to dictate what others do. Doesn't sound American in any way, shape or form to me. Does it sound American to you?

We complain about people getting something for nothing from the government, so why not use those things to give back to the very society that's helping them?

That's fine if the deal is "we'll give you services if you perform service." That is a CHOICE. On the other hand, it is very evil, very wrong, very Naziesque to say, "we want you to do this, now go do it."

[edit on 3/19/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This is the best thing since sliced bread. Who knows, maybe some of these aimless drugged-out punks will put on a uniform and be transformed into a contributing member of society rather than a menace to society. Obama may win me over yet.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
This is the best thing since sliced bread. Who knows, maybe some of these aimless drugged-out punks will put on a uniform and be transformed into a contributing member of society rather than a menace to society. Obama may win me over yet.

Please read my post above yours.

I think you have discolored glasses on.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
reply to post by wonderworld

I have had enough of slobbering idiotic Rush Limbaugh followers likening the President of the United States to Hitler.

My Grandfather escaped Nazi Germany ...have we just reached a point where it has been long enough where idiots toss out Hitler and the Nazi's as a punchline in a partisan soundbite?

It's dumb and gross and if anyone I knew ever likened GW Senior or Junior, Reagan or any President of the US to Hitler they would quickly find my foot up their ass. You guys are idiots! And this...this Nazi line of BS is the cherry on the pile of failed BS that the Republican party has been serving.

Keep it going...you are driving your party so far down that we will be a one party system for years to come.

Mayberry, yeah you remember now, dontcha "mayberry" long time back we debated this very set of circumstances and you, like the loyal ObamaBorg collective you were back then, incensed and angry at the "neocons" as if that is all anyone is who resisted the ObamaBorg,

I told you this would happen prophetic as it may have seemed to you back then to pontificate in detail the step by step destruction of the dollar and our economy, the methodical vilification of the church all the way back many years ago where clearskies would remember me talking about the New Atheism and the signs of militant in your face anger they woould merge in an alliance with the gay activists to besmirch that religious in ways not seen before in America.

Back then I was debating 911 truth exclusively and when I saw religion being attacked as I did on ATS and saw Christians getting their asses handed back to them on a platter in every thread they were intimidated by the and venomous vitriol of the neo darwinist atheist.

She would remember because I wasn't all that much into church and religion as she has always been here but I knew how to read the language of this movement I had seem it before. The slippery teflon doublespeak the semantics the embellished anger and the revisionist history of a Country whose Christian roots were up until then, never questioned much less argued. Not being particularly interested in Religion, I did know however what the signs were going to be the coming end to the American experiment has been written about in the quatrains of Nostradamus, and many of our U.S. Presidents warned us about it also.

The trends on these boards and the topics of debate serve as a barometer where anyone who has lived long enough and has learned the lessons of history could see them starting again and the wise have always known, those who have not learned the lessons of history are condemned to re-live it. BE ADVISED: Mayberry, I choose my words carefully and one thing history has shown is it repeats itself. As much as things change esoterically they stay the same fundamentally.

I see clearskies someone who has a much better grasp of the tenets of Christianity then I do but I have stood by her in arguments like this because I know what history has taught us and as much as we hear about the evils of religion, it remains the ONLY counter balance of a Statism that invariably mows its governed down like a juggernaut it rises to prominance with a messianic figure and meteoric rate of asscension.

Throughout history the figures in such times have been remarkably glib and intelligent, formally and highly educated and very gifted articulate orators. The reason you hear hitler so often is that HE was such a person, with such a promising vision for change, so was stalin. The distinctions these men share are exactly the same for the future of thier respective Country, the rhetoric the same.

The treatment of its weakest members, the elderly and the unborn

The same.

The slow methodical disarming of its people.

The same

The transparency of their fictitious faux faith and false religion

The same

The mantra of "yes we can" and "the one"

The same

The removal Apostate Religions and the erosion of Faith

The same

The decline in morality and family

The same

The increase in teen pregnancy and abortion

The same

The division of its people

The same

The ultimate nationalization of its banks

The same

The State replacing the parent,

The same

Communism, Communitarianism the mandate of mandatory volunteerism

The Same

The vilification of the rich and Capitalism

The same

The slow methodical indoctrination of Children in public schools

The same

Neo Darwinism's popularity and the suggestion of eugenics

The same

The recent rise of anti-semitic bigotry and hatred

The same

The shift to a religion of scientism and humanism and secularism

The same

The blind allegiance to a personality figure no one but no one knows a damn thing about and their unjustified unmitigated loyalty to that personality, in-spite of all the signs, all the clues and all the evidence by people JUST LIKE YOU MAYBERRY.

THE SAME!

You're ignorance of history is only equaled by your complete failure to understand the present.

Yeah you got that HALF right son, I know history but what I don't understand is the present. I don't understand how people can be so oblivious the steps as they are coming to fruition as many here have said they would and everytime one of those steps gets closer to the final objective, we have exploited it and reminded you so you might see the end coming and help us redirect its ultimate and tragic end.

The problem is, you think you are smarter than the rest of us, you think you know more than us, that we are the fringe the ones that want us to fail. When common sense says something much different and if you took a hard look at the signs and help me with the math, you would see the logical conclusion you are wrong, so very very wrong.

Your need to be "RIGHT" in jeopardy you become even more intolerant of the obvious truth.

You can try to put your boot up my ass like you say, hehe many have tried, but mayberry I can tell you as sure as I know I'm sitting here sharing a seat with that ass, the ONLY reason your boot would be lifted off the ground is by the arm holding your neck suspending your frame against the wall. So please refrain from the tuff guy act, I don't scare easy and it robs you of what little respect you have left.

The more time passes, the more we see the Obamanoids hiding because they know. Look at the internet look at these boards.

Where are they? I remember when we couldn't get a word in edgewise to say anything disparaging about the Grand Obimbo.

Posts were summarily removed, throngs of Obamanoids still in the ether would come in screaming racist racist and using mantras and slogans with nothing but fluff no substance to them.

Change? We needed IMPROVEMENT

Change? Nope we didn't need change, we got that slowly over time. What we need to do is become the SAME. The same way that we were before but you are probably too young or too blind to see that.

A nation of the people by the people for the people not about the people at the people doing TOO the people.

I blame YOU for what is about to happen to this country and unless we change our direction, I don't care WHAT you believe isn't true,

we are going to end up right

where we're headed.

Count on it

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Dgtempe for President.

Don't stop telling the people about communism.

Roper

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join