It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR 1388 just passed

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by george_gaz

Also, with programs like 'Skins'(On BBC) they are doing a disservice to youth!

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Clearskies]

I completely agree with you on this statement
there is a lot of television in the UK (and I am sure the US has its fair share?) that seems to be glorifying negative things, such as Shameless and as you said, Skins.
The problem is that the youngsters take such shows at face value and do not see (if you believe there are) the messages behind it.

Without some form of intervention teenagers are fighting a losing battle.

Originally posted by kneverr

Since you live in the UK, You have little right commenting on a bill passed in the US that is seen by its people as unConstitutional... it come across as insulting, as well as arrogant, frankly.

Whilst this was not directed at me I am going to comment as I live in the UK and have been commenting on this thread ...
You, Sir, are a muppet. So you see a problem with enslaving kids to do work but no problem with removing peoples right to speak?
So you wish to pick and choose the rights of the plebeians? Hmmmm, and what does that make you?

Last time I checked this was a conspiracy forum open to members worldwide. So if people from the UK wish to comment on it then that is fine. Also, how do you know that that person was not born and raised in the US and living in the UK for only 3 years of their 50 year life?

edit:spelling

[edit on 19-3-2009 by george_gaz]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

You've got the dish on your plate to "taste" it before you eat it, that's what this all is about.

There will be mandatory voluntary service soon

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
That is just for schools, not everyone, am I right?

And the Hitler Youth were just for kids, am I right? The mind control and physical control over the children had long reaching effects. When you turn the control of your children over to political forces then evil things happen. Prepare to have them turn you in to the authorities for anti-social behaviors. It's coming ...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

But that's just it, isn't it... YOU feel it is a good idea to have children volunteer, which is fine BUT to have other AMERICAN parents be FORCED in making THEIR children "volunteer" (forced volunteering almost a laughable oxymoron) is NOT American, nor is it something our free country was founded upon. For those of you that think mandatory volunteering is a good thing, stop for just a second, take away the nice soft title and understand the facts:

"Volunteering": a person who freely enlists for service because they choose to do so.

"Mandatory": compulsorily: in a manner that cannot be evaded; required or commanded by authority relating to a mandate.

Also take into consideration what YOUR child might be forced volunteering into doing.

How would YOU feel if your child had to volunteer at an abortion hospital but YOU were dead set against such things

-or if YOUR child was forced to work...sorry volunteer.. at facility to clean up human waste at nursing homes and YOU had to worry about YOUR child contracting a life threatening disease because they either were not given proper protection or did not fully understand the implications for not wearing proper protection and than became exposed to the waste

-or helping if YOUR child had to volunteer in some way against firearms but YOU are a second amendment advocate.....

The list is endless in what they (government) could force YOUR child to do that is against everything YOU believe in as a free family or what YOU do not want YOUR child around, near, exposed to.

The very principle of American values is allowing the parents to decide what they feel is good and decent for their family... not to have other peoples beliefs be forced upon YOU or YOUR CHILDREN.

Wake up people, fight this with everything you have if they try to make YOUR child "volunteer" because it will be the end of everyone’s individual beliefs and only the governments belief will be forced though OUR own children.... hell of a method to end any type of civil disobedience with in a generation or two.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

Nice spin on my words with your own. Plus you resort to childish name calling... speaks volumes in the type of person (adolescence?) you truly are. Shame. Grow-up friend.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
To Essan;
Does England STILL have forced servitude?
How well did that go?
The U.S. has a 13th amendment of the constitution;
Wiki

The Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution officially abolished and continues to prohibit slavery and involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime. It was adopted on December 6, 1865, and was then declared in a proclamation of Secretary of State William H. Seward on December 18.
At the time of its ratification, slavery remained legal only in Delaware, Kentucky and Missouri. In New Jersey, former slaves born before 1804 could still legally be held as "apprentices," a condition essentially equivalent to slavery; former border slave state Maryland had banned slavery in the constitution it had passed the previous year. Everywhere else in the United States slaves had been freed by state action or Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation.
Lincoln and others were concerned that the Emancipation Proclamation would be seen as a temporary war measure, and so, besides freeing slaves in those states where slavery was still legal, they supported the Amendment as a means to guarantee the permanent abolition of slavery.
The Thirteenth Amendment is the first of the Reconstruction Amendments.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Clearskies]

This says it all. Come on people, we need to see through this garbage. FORCED servitude is NOT VOLUNTARY! They are going to FORCE our kids to work for their communities and government. Before you know it you have kids working for the government turning into kids SPYING for the government and turning their parents in for stupid things. This is the a step of many steps towards a dictatorship or big brother state. There have already been quite a few taken. This is just the next one.

Completely done under our noses while the country and world focuses on this manipulated financial 'crisis'.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Lots of good info here;
Neo-Marxism in America
Tell me if any of it is wrong.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Clearskies]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
When you put it in those terms, could it be that someone in the Whitehouse (or their radical wife) wants to get even with the white folks for slavery? Even though no living white person in the U.S. has ever owned a slave and no living black person in the U.S. ever was a slave.

One side says we can't let the black people free because they'll attack us. The other says we can't let them free because our economy depends on them. The other side says we can't let them free because of the general social unrest and lack of Order which would result.

Which argument above do you think the Romanist Colonizers would support? Which argument above do you think the slave-rum runners would agree with? What is the best reason to not release the slaves? All I see the "republi-cants" doing is praising Rome and the movie 300 and the stupid/bloodiest parts of history.

The answer to this is contained, as mentioned, in the 13th Amendment which says that involuntary servitude shall not exist. Simple, and crucial, yet attached to a document which was pro-slavery. How do you feel about your pro-slavery Constitution? I guess it supports the interests of the Romish-fantasy within the US power structure? Hitler's allusions to Rome were almost as stretched and ludicrous as the ones we see in the US Republican Party today. Democrats are similarly flawed of course in a dichotomatic direction.

So then around 1837 or so, in comes Lincoln, destined by whatever providence to eliminate slavery from Earth. He masterfully and strategically out-gamed all of his adversaries and did what he wanted most: He crushed slavery.

YET he was forced to introduce the larger scheme which is that under the 14th Amendment, all persons born OR naturalized" become citizens i.e. potential 'slaves' through taxing powers. Now in looking at the 13th Amendment, I have to ask "How did I become a citizen just by being born? Was it a gift from Rome? Why do all these people coming into the US have to pass tests and disavow their allegiences? How, as an American infant, did I escape the requirements of citizenship as offered to adults in other countries?"

Clearly the point is: BUY-IN Once you buy in to the system offered by Rome, they do own you. Some people, however, are happier being owned and most Americans would probably fall into this class of people simply because they have mentally traumatized by generational slave-think through the TV. These same non-questioning simple-types are happier at a lower level of intellect and they have always been this sort of simple person. They also make excellent Centurions. Very obedient and little critical thought.

But the point is this: Service is to be voluntary according to the documents which have been used as the bedrock for America. Any change of that is a threat to the bedrock of America.

I am fine with the Constitution as it is, and as the future throws even more light on history, the 13th and 14th Amendments will become very important. Whatever the world was when the COTUS was written, it has changed, and that doesn't mean the principles in the COTUS should be discarded.

Servitude is slavery if it is mandated.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Of course we're friends!!!

Always.

You were dissapointed with Bush and i am now dissapointed with Obama. Its that simple. Thank God we have each other

Really, having had a taste of Communism, i can smell it a mile away. Who'd have thunk my life would come full circle

The main goal is to indoctrinate the children, thats the future. Those are the ones to train. The adults?? Well, you know those camps???

Love always,
DG

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by timewalker
I just saw the bill pass live on C-Span. Get ready for "Servitude". Senate, fuhgettaboutit, just need Obama's signature with no less than 10 pens. National service laws re-authorized.

Here is the proof:

www.govtrack.us...
[edit on 18-3-2009 by timewalker]

What proof? BS and fear monger much?

National Service laws re-authorized??

There is a provision to explore and discuss requiring community service of young folks, likely as part of a school curriculum.

Not to authorize it, not even to propose it, but to explore and discuss the issue...

So when you say "National Service laws re-authorized!" "Here's the proof"...WTF are you talking about?

BS and fear mongering that is what you people bring to the political discussion.

Seriously - you think that the Gov't WON'T find that mandatory labor/community service WON'T work to their advantage? We already "pay" in labor through our taxes. I have been working to pay my taxes since the beginning of Jan and won't be done until the end of this month.

They are getting their foot in the door - bottom line. How can people not see this?

[edit on 19-3-2009 by ACEMANN]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by dgtempe

COme on, can you get off the Bush rants and see this for what it is??????

Its got ALL to do with Bush, even Clinton and Obama is the tip of the spear, he is going to bring it all together- for Petes sakes, doesnt it ever sink into you????
I'm a liberal and i'm screaming COMMUNISM! pLEASE, stop with the Democratic and Republican rhetoric, its all the SAME~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 18-3-2009 by dgtempe]

And I call BS because of all your rhetoric leading up to the election. Now, you're running around screaming about communism? Where were you when we were warning everyone about that BEFORE the election??? All of the sudden to you this has NOTHING to do with demos and Republicans???? What are you saying this now for, to save face????

Again, I call BS.

Perhaps, after all your anti-Bush and Republican rhetoric leading up to the election some of us just need to hear some "mea culpas, we screwed up royally in supporting obama" before moving on to jointly deal with this piece of trash YOU helped elect.

Clear enough?

[edit on 3/18/2009 by centurion1211]

Exactly what I was trying to say, though Centurion said it much better than I could have. Some of us DID see this coming with one of the most liberal senators elected to POTUS who has roots based in Marxism and ties to questionable characters that we REPEATEDLY warned you guys about. Remember that video that the L.A. Times sat on of Obama attending a party of Khalidi, the guy tied to the PLO? Add to that and a majority of Democrats elected to the House and Senate headed by Pelosi and Reid, two of the most despicable people ever. What else did you expect would happen? RAINBOWS AND BUNNIES???

[edit on 19-3-2009 by sos37]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
For the life of me I cannot understand why people are against community service. Are we all so lazy and selfish and self serving?

What harm does it do to teach children to have an interest in and to care for, the community around them? Reading the bill, it seems most everything is more about giving more opportunities for such involvement.

Though I agree, manditory inscribement is a touchy thing, but we already have laws that make school a manditory experience, so what harm does it do to have children spend a very small amount of time being involved in the community around them?

I'd think these are the sorts of values that the very people who are upset about this, would like to see in their children. We complain that the younger generation is lazy, and sits around watching TV all day and playing video games, are rude and disrespectful. Why not get them involved with their community? Make them aware of the people, the issues?

I still cannot see how anything negative could come from this.

If you read the bill, it seems to mostly be about establishing opportunities for such things to happen, and providing incentives for doing so. We complain that society today is so cold, that we don't even know our neighbors, that no one seems to care about anyone other than theirselves. So again, how could it hurt to try and get people more involved? We complain about people getting something for nothing from the government, so why not use those things to give back to the very society that's helping them?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
For the life of me I cannot understand why people are against community service. Are we all so lazy and selfish and self serving?

What harm does it do to teach children to have an interest in and to care for, the community around them? Reading the bill, it seems most everything is more about giving more opportunities for such involvement.

Though I agree, manditory inscribement is a touchy thing, but we already have laws that make school a manditory experience, so what harm does it do to have children spend a very small amount of time being involved in the community around them?

I'd think these are the sorts of values that the very people who are upset about this, would like to see in their children. We complain that the younger generation is lazy, and sits around watching TV all day and playing video games, are rude and disrespectful. Why not get them involved with their community? Make them aware of the people, the issues?

I still cannot see how anything negative could come from this.

If you read the bill, it seems to mostly be about establishing opportunities for such things to happen, and providing incentives for doing so. We complain that society today is so cold, that we don't even know our neighbors, that no one seems to care about anyone other than theirselves. So again, how could it hurt to try and get people more involved? We complain about people getting something for nothing from the government, so why not use those things to give back to the very society that's helping them?

What is selfish are people that think I need to spend 100+ hours of my time in community service because I am studying at the University level. What they WON'T look at is the fact I work full-time 40+ hours a week AND go to classes. I am also VERY generous with my donations to local charities and drives. I AM contributing my "labor" through my wages given as gifts to these causes. Just because I didn't pick up a shovel doesn't mean I don't care.

But all that doesn't matter. Only until I am FORCED to do THEIR WORK will I be seen as a "patriotic citizen". THEY are the ones who are SELFISH.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kneverr

Grow up? Coming from the person who is trying to deny someone their right to speak on a public forum?

*Clap Clap*

Also, how do you propose that we change the youth of today?
It is clear that (in the UK) they are out of control ... they need guidance and discipline that is not coming from school or parenting.
If you leave them to their own devices this will slide down the slope so fast to a point of no return.
It needed to be nipped in the bud years ago.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by george_gaz]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I was going to make a snarky remark about melodrama but I won't. My state has been doing this for years. No one is being conditioned for anything.

what it has done is opened kids eyes to opportunities out there and helped them make more informed decisions about what they want to do. It helps high school students network, meet people.

Instead of them leaving school and going to college with no idea about the career they want to choose. Instead, they can see other avenues and make decisions on them.

many kids have remained at the volunteer service, or even begun careers there after high school.

There is a little train for the kidlets in my little town that someone lovingly built, that is open on saturdays. Some of the kids volunteer there and they have fun.
They are infinetly patient with upset toddlers. When the train doesn't work they dive in and try to figure out how to fix it. There are so many facets that they learn from.

Heck when I worked for the park service I oversaw the community service workers. (non voluntary kind) and we would end up hiring a few. They worked hard and we formed a great relationship. Some were just a blast.

in this country, people can choose their own careers. and i would rather a student actually see what they are in for then a brief description by a high school counselor from a desk.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
A Former Hitler Youth Warns America:
By: Hilmar von Campe

"The main preoccupation of my parents during the Nazi years was to save us children from Nazi indoctrination," says Hilmar von Campe. At 10 years old, like every other child, he had to enter the Hitler Youth and at 18 he was conscripted into the army. He was a gunner in a tank in the Yugoslavian theatre fighting the Soviet army, became in 1945 a prisoner of war of the Communist Tito government and in the same year staged a sensational escape crossing seven borders. His reports about the Nazi years and the war are a lesson of history as he brings facts unknown to most Americans. He describes why it came about, his own moral responsibility and how his life changed. The Nazi system, like any other totalitarian system, he says, is based on lies. Lies are at the root of the problem in the world. You can't defeat them with money or armies but only with the truth. Hilmar compares developments in American society and in the world today with what happened in pre-Nazi Germany and warns America to turn away now from the destructive ideological path we are on. “Socialism is the phantastic younger brother of despotism which it wants to inherit. Socialism wants to have the fullness of state force which before only existed in despotism... However, it goes further than anything in the past because it aims at the formal destruction of the individual… who… can be used to improve communities by an expedient organ of government.” -Friedrich Nietzsche

People who lived though this horror are in complete shock that Americans would ever be foolish enough to except something that their grandfathers once fought so hard to defeat!

They are desperately trying to wake the complacent people how history is starting to repeat itself in the embodiment of Obama's plan of "change".

Free American adults do not need government being their parents and neither does one need their own child to be forced into slavery under the guise of "mandatory volunteering".

A parent is just that, the one who cares and decides what is best for THEIR child!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

With all due respect, however you deserve none, after your comments to me. I do not listen to Rush Limbaugh. I did in fact vote for Obama but soon realized it was a mistake. I take it you don’t believe in the NWO, as well. I am not ignorant of history it appears you may be. I am 98% German and have traced my ancestors back beyond those days in question. You should preach your families escape from Nazi Germany on a different thread or start one. Please do not reply to me Mr. maybereal11. I find you to be rude. Here is a link to one posters thread you should read.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Of course we're friends!!!

Always.

You were dissapointed with Bush and i am now dissapointed with Obama. Its that simple. Thank God we have each other

Really, having had a taste of Communism, i can smell it a mile away. Who'd have thunk my life would come full circle

The main goal is to indoctrinate the children, thats the future. Those are the ones to train. The adults?? Well, you know those camps???

Love always,
DG

Same back at you!

In your defense I will clearly point out that at least you drank less of the "kool-aid" and/or it wore off faster than for many Bush or obama supporters. Damn, it took me something like 4 years.

Many thought Bush was some kind of nazi and now many are thinking obama is some kind of communist.

Where is the GD center where we can all just live our lives the way WE want to live them????

Edit to add:
You know that many of us have spent our entire lives being "trained" to resist communism. I don't think this will go down without a serious fight.

[edit on 3/19/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

You still did not answer the question someone asked you few pages back (or, at least, I did not see it), what exact flavor of "Communism" did you taste?

What is your country of origin ?

I came from one of those "Communist" countries (Yugoslavia) and I cannot complain about it at all. It was not perfect (what society is?) but, it was not that bad either (not as bad as China, USSR or Cuba).

Regardless, I think you are overreacting a bit here, IMO whatever country you came from, USA is being far, far away from it

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by smallpeeps

I agree. it's up to the parents and young adults if they wish to work for 7 bucks an hour, work for free, go directly into the military, go to vocational school or college--or, indeed, whether they want to hang out on their friend's and smoke pot or meth all day. The people we are thinking about forcing into government service are 18 or younger.-it is hardly time for the government to decide what the country "needs and lead our youth into the abyss.. The inefficiencies of Soviet Russia should shed some light on this subject.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join