It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR 1388 just passed

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I just saw the bill pass live on C-Span. Get ready for "Servitude". Senate, fuhgettaboutit, just need Obama's signature with no less than 10 pens. National service laws re-authorized.

Here is the proof:

www.govtrack.us...

[edit on 18-3-2009 by timewalker]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

What is this about?
Who came up with it?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It just passed the house right?

It still has the senate to go through before it goes to the presidents desk right?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Here is the Library of Congress Link

link

I can never get the links to work. Look at the many threads on ATS. Sorry.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by timewalker]

mod edit to fix link

[edit on 21-3-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
It just passed the house right?

It still has the senate to go through before it goes to the presidents desk right?

The House was our only chance to stop this Bill... The Senate will approve it.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Is this for the forced MANDATORY

VOLUNTEERS, communist style?????

Get ready for the camp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It's only for the study of the feasability of the mandatory servitude.

However, it is one step closer to the actual implementation of such a program.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
What is this about??

I don't understand a bit of this thread.

I've figure out it has something to do with the US congress... right?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Here it is;
thomas.loc.gov...
Obama's mandatory, volunteer service?

PART I--PROGRAMS FOR ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY STUDENTS

`SEC. 111. ASSISTANCE TO STATES, TERRITORIES, AND INDIAN TRIBES.

`(a) Purpose- School-based service learning programs promote service-learning as a strategy to--
`(1) support high-quality service-learning projects that engage students in meeting community needs with demonstrable results, while enhancing students' academic and civic learning; and
`(2) support efforts to build institutional capacity, including the training of educators, and to strengthen the service infrastructure to expand service opportunities.

What is that?
They want to work Elementary children?

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Clearskies]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax

I'm pretty sure the Gov't will find mandatory unpaid labor works pretty well..

+29 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I hope you will all listen to me just once.

This is a communist move. This will amount to slavery, unpaid labor God knows where. Believe me, this isnt for your typical SOUP KITCHEN.

I came from a Communist country and this is how they do it.

You have been warned many times by me. I will just stop saying it now.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It's a bill to look into the feasibility of getting youngsters to do something to improve and help their community rather than just trash it. As part of their education. I can understand why some disaprove

Of course, if kids were raised better maybe it wouldn't be needed?

Whose fault is it they drink, fight, vandalise and have no respect for anyone or anything else? The govts?

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Essan]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACEMANN

Originally posted by MajesticJax

I'm pretty sure the Gov't will find mandatory unpaid labor works pretty well..

I agree- but it's important to define exactly what your enemy is doing, in order to formulate a response.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

You need to wake up friend, and see the real consequences of this. Yes, they start with the children...you know...those who are better off doing good out there for the government than living with their druggie parents-
Step 1. Take as many children as possible away from their government perceived incompetent parents.
Step 2- Hell, might as well send the parents to pick cotton too, Communist style. It will keep them busy.

Come on, this is not a small thing. This is BIG.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Exactly!
I am worried about this passing.
Why can't they focus on the economy, instead of this program for inner cities, and other less important 'changes'?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by dgtempe

Exactly!
I am worried about this passing.
Why can't they focus on the economy, instead of this program for inner cities, and stem cell research???

As this administrations catch phrase puts it "never waste a good crisis."

While the nation is preoccupied with this money crap and worrying about a million wasted here and there all sorts of those "too small to care about" issues
can get slid through from mandatory servitude to civilian disarmament to banning private gardens to god knows what.

Meanwhile everybody's complaining about some executive who donated thousands to the politicians getting rewarded millions for his loyalty in money that has no real intrinsic value in the first place.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Is this for the forced MANDATORY

VOLUNTEERS, communist style?????

Get ready for the camp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sorry to have to point this out to our resident lefties, but while 52% of the lemmings in this country we're fixated on Bush and voting these people in, they were making plans. Plans to really take away our freedoms and our money.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
To Essan;
Does England STILL have forced servitude?
How well did that go?
The U.S. has a 13th amendment of the constitution;
Wiki

The Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution officially abolished and continues to prohibit slavery and involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime. It was adopted on December 6, 1865, and was then declared in a proclamation of Secretary of State William H. Seward on December 18.
At the time of its ratification, slavery remained legal only in Delaware, Kentucky and Missouri. In New Jersey, former slaves born before 1804 could still legally be held as "apprentices," a condition essentially equivalent to slavery; former border slave state Maryland had banned slavery in the constitution it had passed the previous year. Everywhere else in the United States slaves had been freed by state action or Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation.
Lincoln and others were concerned that the Emancipation Proclamation would be seen as a temporary war measure, and so, besides freeing slaves in those states where slavery was still legal, they supported the Amendment as a means to guarantee the permanent abolition of slavery.
The Thirteenth Amendment is the first of the Reconstruction Amendments.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by Essan

You need to wake up friend, and see the real consequences of this.

I'm in the Uk, but the way I see it is that kids need to learn a sense of social resonsibility and this may be a way of doing it. And it's no different to indoctorating them in govt propaganda at school (which is all they learn)

Do you object to State schooling?

Why do you object to kids cleaning theor neighbourhood instead of treating it like a trashcan?

Worse thing that ever happened in Britain was the abolition of National Service. I wouldn't advocate a return to that for everyone - but a similar scheme with youngsters carrying out community work might just be the best possible thing to solve an awful lot of youth related problems (drink, drugs, sex, vandalism, murder etc). Wouldn't work in all cases but it;s a try.

And as an aside I have a Stepbrother who was a complete wastrel and had no respect for anyone until he joined the Territiorial Army and got sent to Bosnia. Returned a sensible, responsible adult. In a society where nearly everyone has far more than they need and everything is provided on a plate, it helps them see reality and grow up.

I'm in full support of such schemes.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

When you put it in those terms, could it be that someone in the Whitehouse (or their radical wife) wants to get even with the white folks for slavery? Even though no living white person in the U.S. has ever owned a slave and no living black person in the U.S. ever was a slave.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join