It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Second American Revolution (Thomas Paine returns)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Yeah it's true, that many people aren't willing to give up what they have at the moment.
but thats just it they have what they have only momentarily soon more people will start to lose it all... Like my famil has by what's going on, and hopefully more people will start being willing to get our country back. I myself am willing to sacrifice everything to make sure my kids (future
) can grow up in a better world if it takes ... everything then so be it

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
A friend sent this to me a few days ago. Perhaps it is time we start to read the works of our founding fathers, and revolutionaries such as Paine, and give some serious thought about going back to our roots, and regaining our "inalieable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."
Our constiutional rights have been eroded. It's time to start reclaiming them. If Congress can't do what the people want, they can be recalled, and people who understand what the constitution really means can be elected to go to Washingtion to do the will of the people.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This left me in "ha" people have not talked liked that in ages. About our people our friends and our country. This nation has become weak and powerless not buy another country or nation but by the ones we hired to serve us and to respect the will of the people. The bills being past that know one reads the fact that everyday we lose a little more of what its like to be an American. Dont get me wrong I love this country I'v fought bled cried and cussed in many a foreign land to protect the freedoms that we have. Sorry but it sickens me to think that the masses know more about American idol and the NFL than the bills that help and hurt us the laws that are made and the well being of our great country "I was one of the masses but I'm waking up"

Black white red yellow and tan we are all Americans from birth till death. We owe every thing we have good or bad to this great nation. All creeds religions races and people of other nations have fought and died to protect this country and the freedom that America is known for. And to think we are going to sit idly by and let it all slip away I hope not. I will hold my ground I will protect my family,friends and my country I just hope I wont be alone.

These are my beliefs and my points of view flame my if you want that is what makes us Americans to disagree and to talk about indifference and not see thing one way but from all side .

I dont post much but I read a lot

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by helloblaine
I don't agree with all of what this man has to say.

I don't think a second line is necessary..

I also don't agree with everything Beck has to say, but I would like to extrapolate on this thought further.

My problem with Beck is that although the movement he is trying to create is drenched in the Libertarian idea, it goes beyond that and tries use reactionary, emotion-filled rhetoric against culture or multiculturalism and the right to personal choice in religion. In a very similar matter that this video does as well. The problem is that with his use of the latter, degrades the former and makes his message very conflicted. So, in a way, he will turn people against the Libertarian ideal, because most people will see him as the face of this liberty/constitutional movement and will turn away from it because of his ideas on religion and culture.

The fact of the matter is that this American society was founded on this idea of personal freedom and a government that is for and made by the people. This is the core American ideal. The American ideal is not based on having a single homogenized culture based on unity no matter what just for the greater good of our country. But, we can build unity in a time of crisis (such as now) by going back to our core American values and rallying around them.

The problem is that in the last 100 years plus this American ideal has been undermined and eroded by our leaders who we put in a position of power to serve and look out for our well being as citizens of this nation. So, as we sat by complacent and happy in our limited amount of wealth and opportunity given to us by an increasingly corrupted system, our American ideal evaporated into something of an ideal of selfishness and special interest.

And now, in a period of crisis, a crisis squarely to blame on the corruptness of our current system, we need to turn back and look for the ideal that made America a beacon of liberty and freedom the world over. This is what we should rally around and unify over, not the the oneness of our culture. We need to elect leaders that hold this American ideal in the highest regard, as our founding fathers did. Only then, will we be able to take our system back from the greedy and the power hungry, the controlled and the corrupt.

But before we reclaim our country, we need to find the American ideal within ourselves.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The truth is common sense is not so common!

Most people will employ and utilize any depth of faulty and absurd thinking in order to make sense of the increasing foolishness of the American Government, that really has just grown more and more absurd since the day the Federal Reserve Act was signed into law.

Yes our founding fathers sure did warn us that the liberty they had won and held so near and dear would be coveted by the tyrants and despots of the world.

From our sudden entry into World War I and every war and crisis since, they have skillfully rallied the majority together in cause after cause to fuel our collective sense of prize and achievement while all the while chipping away at the fundamental bedrock that would ever allow the citizens to rally together on their own.

Representative Government has come to mean, Washington is open to business to represent any foreign interest from the London Banking Cartels, to the nation of Israel, to how to turn China into the biggest manufacturing and consumer market in the world. Bring enough money to the table and the ‘free’ ever trusting and gullible citizens can be gotten to do anything when Madison Avenue and Hollywood finish spinning it in the right way for us.

Common Sense went out the window long ago with words like you ‘you worry to much’ ‘surely the government knows what it is doing’ ‘that’s un-American” and that’s “anti-some group”

The truth of what our contractual obligations born of America’s bankruptcy and incorporation during the Great Depression may never be known.

It is clear though that the only way out of that is dissolving the States and Country that comprise the corporation and declaring all contracts and all debts null and void.

Yes, the rest of the world will certainly rain its wrath down upon us. Let them get their money by selling our dead bodies then to the Medical Schools of the world.

As Winston Churchill once said, it is better to die on your feet a free man than live on your knees as a slave. That is common sense. Common sense is a very uncommon quality. Freedom is an even rarer one as a result.

No one gives you Liberty, though they will surely give you death for trying to take it.

It seems to me that we all signed on the dotted line to the people who took ours.

Right next to where it says Taxpayer’s Signature!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

if we revolt do we have to wear those clothes like the original patriots did?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
One question...
Who is he for real..Thomas pain?
Or is he playing the old dude's name?

If he wanted to start a revolution...wouldn't he give his real name..Just saying.
And the dressing up like old people Didn't move me .If ya get my point.

Show me One good reason the guy that dress's up in old timey cloth's and use's a fake name...is the guy to fire the first shot.ON YOUTUBE.

well like 2 or 3 questions but what's up here.

I do agree with almost everything he said....Star and flag.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
If there is a revolt witch side would you be on shoot there my not be any sides every man for them selves and to the winning side how do we know their wont be a power vacuum in witch we may wind up in a hole lot worse off shape all I can do is stand my ground and hope for the best and prepare for the worst keep yall's powder dry its going to get rough one way or the other

I dont watch beck he is to umm umm drama queen for me if he would of acted a little more believable the way he portrays his patriotism just dosnt sit right with me or I would have watched all the 912 thing and all I have to say is if this is the way the revolt is going to start then its not going far

[edit on 18-3-2009 by hillbilly4rent]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Thomas Paine is irrelevant. If a revolution comes it will not be a second American revolution. It will be a modern American version of the French Revolution. The battle lines are drawn and the vitriol between the sides so severe that I genuinely fear for the future of our country. God damn the Democrats for their class warfare tactics. In all fairness, the Republicans are only slightly better. What we really need to do in this country is bust up the 2 party system and open things up into a multi-party system of government, so that the people can be best represented according to their true beliefs, rather than being forced to choose between two ideologies, neither of which reflects their actual beliefs on the issues.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by frailty

Not to turn this into a Glenn Beck debate like all the other threads here, but how would you go about telling the nation about the issues if his method is "wrong"? Serious question.

My view is this. I am not stupid and I realize he is in the entertainment industry (funny huh - I thought he was on a news program...), but should we disregard the potential truth solely because of that?

I know its hard to think that someone in such an industry could be wanting to do the right thing, and I get the impression that his comments are dismissed only because he is in the "main stream media" as a head figure nowadays.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Star and flag for you. That was a nice bit of education and a lot of common sense. It would be nice to say old is new again and that freedom reigns.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Are there any Copyright restrictions on reprinting these original documents? is there a .pdf of them online?

I think it's time to crank up the printing presses and just start leaving these randomly in places. Maybe with a message: "It's time to question the ENTIRE government."

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
reply to post by frailty

Not to turn this into a Glenn Beck debate like all the other threads here, but how would you go about telling the nation about the issues if his method is "wrong"? Serious question.

My view is this. I am not stupid and I realize he is in the entertainment industry (funny huh - I thought he was on a news program...), but should we disregard the potential truth solely because of that?

I know its hard to think that someone in such an industry could be wanting to do the right thing, and I get the impression that his comments are dismissed only because he is in the "main stream media" as a head figure nowadays.

In my humble oppinion all roads lead to Rome. If you are being prompted into it, beleive me it gets you eventually right where the Romans would like you to be.

The powers that be are always at least a few steps down the road setting up shop waiting for you to get there and to profit off of T-Shirts that say...I participated in the 2nd American Revolution...and to sign you up for the Revolutionary Gold Card at the recently established Revolutionary Bank!

They try usually not to make the manipulation so obvious as to have to get Glen or someone like him involved, they much prefer it seem to be your own idea.

But since everyone is asleep at the wheel, and the cattle prod companies can only deliver a limited supply they have to rely on the power of persuasion now using a little more direct of approach.

It seems bankrupting you, taking away your liberties, lieing about whose crashing planes into your buildings, and forcing a President on you with the most un-American sounding name, who no one can still prove beyond a shadow of a doubt is even American just is not enough to do the trick!

These are very frustrating days for the powers that be!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It's too bad that we couldn't get people stirred up over this before the election. If we had, we might have a different situation.

Remember the outrage that you are feeling and do something about it on the next election day.

Check out Herman Cain's website and join the Intelligent Thinker's Movement.

Check out my thread called, "Is it Time for a New Political Party?"

Write, call, and email your Congressman.

Most important talk to others about what you think and get them stirred up, and keep them stirred up until the next election.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Everything IS a dog and pony show. The ones asking the questions should be asked questions themselves.
Congress is the one that got us into this mess we are in with the AIG bailout. Those idiots approved bonuses with no stipulations. its funny that the biggest voices with a say on the bonuses were receivers of big campaign donations from AIG..What a coinky dink.
I'm sick of Congresses rightious indignation about the bonuses paid to the AIG execs. Those idiots approved the package without reading it--what do they think is going to happen???
I'm hoping Americans are fed up with those jackels in congress, and let them know what they think. Maybe then the tide will turn. I fear we are too far gone to stop a tsunami of pissed off Americans.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I'm all for the revolution, I'm ready to throw down. But that was utter crap. Racist, republican propaganda. I can see why it was on the radio now, this is divisive stuff that accomplishes nothing-the goal of the ptb. Not a lot in there of any substance. How about attacks on gun rights, restrictive farming regulations killing off local farmers, wage slavery, actual slavery (civil service), financial elite abusing the system, corrupt politicians obeying lobbyists after false promises to taxpayers...no. Just bitching about mexicans and foreigners. What does that have to do with anything?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
reply to post by frailty

Well, I really do not think his methods are wrong, per se. I think the main problem is that his talk of cultural uniformity and religious intolerance probably has two outcomes among the masses. One of the outcomes is that people not studied and looking to his program for answers might be completely turn off by his handling of these "hot button" issues, because on the whole I think people in America are socially liberal and accepting of other cultures and religions. Thereby, having a mass of "normal people" tuning out the message of liberty, because they think that his stance on issues such as culture and religion are part of the message.

I think the other outcome is that it will draw in more of the fervently conservative crowds, who are more focused on confirming the culture to their standards and being right religiously. I do not think the latter outcome is a bad thing, because this latter group is possible more open to the Libertarian ideal. But, I am just afraid that this group is so focused on "lathering up," so to speak, on these emotional charged issues that they will miss the message of liberty completely.

I have no doubt that Glenn Beck may really want to do the right thing, even though he is in such a "compromised" industry. I actually think many people in the media in front of the cameras and behind may be in the industry of infotainment for the right reasons and to try to make a difference. But, the fact is that you have to toe the company line on certain subjects and as a part of the industry ratings are on whole more important than ideals.

I think the best way to go telling the nation about the issues is to do it in a more rational and informative manner and less of an emotional and sensational manner, even though the issues themselves maybe somewhat of both. I personally think that TPTB make these shows emotional and sensational is not only for ratings, but also because once you start people to get people emotional, they're mind turns off and they become emotional beings not capable of clearly thinking in a rational way. I actually think Lou Dobbs and Rush Limbaugh are the master of this. After all, they want to make the viewers angry.

I really think with all the issues facing America, the last thing you want to do is make people more emotional about these tough times. I would present the facts of the issues matter-of-factly and describe why things are going wrong from my Libertarian viewpoint and from the stance that we are drifting away from the ideas and values that made this country great. I would not try to impose my religious and cultural beliefs into the discussion, accept maybe to point out that this nation was founded so that people could have the freedom to choose for themselves. I think that the concepts of freedom, liberty and a government of and for the people are very rational ideas. I do not think you have to tap into people's more primal emotions to have them understand why these ideals are so rightous.

At least, Glenn Beck is opening some eyes and starting some discussions. I actually agree with him on many topics. I just am a little worried that as more people start to want to restore this country to something more in line with the original intent of the Founders, they might just be turned off to the message of liberty by the perceived intolerance and divisiveness of some of the more vocal figures, such as Glenn Beck. I am also somewhat worried that these divisive viewpoints are more of what Glenn Beck is about, and he is smart and forward-thinking enough to understand that liberty movement is an ever growing now and in the future, so he hijacked it for his own personal gain.

On a side note, I completely agree the second American Revolution will begin when break free of the two controlling political parties.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by frailty

Kinda what I was getting at. I don't think the far right group is going to pick up on the good parts--the liberty--and will only concern themselves with intolerance and hatred of the wrong people. Are the PTB atheist mexicans?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
nothing will happen. we like to ptretend that people will "rise up" but they won't. No one is willing to put themselves out there.
Especially without a true leader.

We already lost.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Here's the new installment from our friend Thomas Paine. Give this a gander.

We The People Stimulus Package

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join