It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you use for your EDC bag?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Reading all the posts about EDC kits, i wondered what you use to hold the contents?

I guess it depends on the amount in your kit.

I mean when you say "you have it on you all the time", do you mean within an arms length, on your person or what?

Do you have it at work? Even if you work in a "less that outdoors" type workplace?

If your EDC consisted of a knife, firelighting gear, a torch and some paracord or similar, then i guess you could keep it all on a belt pouch.

Much more than that though and you're looking at bags or web pouches and the likes aren't you? Then you're one step away from a BOB?

Just curious really. I've never had an EDC, just close access to my BOB and it's contents.

CX.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I carry most of my EDC on my belt. Flashlight, knife, sidearm, multi tool all have their places.

Next is my wallet. "Survival tool", fishing line, hooks, sewing needles, thread, got some bandaids and asprin as well. Not a lot to bulge my wallet, but enough if I needed it.

Also the jacket or vest I wear depending on the time of year is always loaded up. Better first aid gear, better sewing kit, stuff like that.

I have seen people who carry little side pouches on their belt, this contain a good number of tools, gizmos, etc... Seem to work well and dont look too horribly out of place.

Women have purses, so they have a very simple way of toting things around. Suppose you could wear a fanny pack, but honestly I would rather be hit by a truck.

By have it on you all the time, means just that. When I leave the house, my EDC goes with me. At work my coat at the time hangs on a hook right behind me.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Must be my age because I appear to have a great reluctance to carry a Man Bag or Murse. Most of my EDC Kit is on my pants belt, in my pockets, or round my neck. When I have to carry a slightly increased amount of kit I use a Travel Vest, cos I still like my hands free and believe BAGS attract attention from predators. The vest sits nicely under my soft shell or fleece or parka.

Something like
Watch on wrist
Compass on cord round neck
Knife in front pocket
Multi tool in pouch with gerber artifact.
Lighter, Spare batteries, flashlight and paracord in pockets
pen and notebook with wallet on inside jacket pocket
Tactical gloves and lightsick in another internal pocket
mini FAK in another pocket
Specs worn but shades in case in jacket pocket.

Going somewhere nasty Baton and Bootknife either on belt or shoulder harness, if its exceedingly nasty take a hiking pole as well.

Its when I have to take books, computors etc with my I have to resort to a rucksack.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have a jeep 35ltr back pack with straps either side etc.
This is also my work bag but I carry all the essentials in this bag, including first aid kit etc.

It has a strap that clips above the waist so If I need to move quickly the back will be literally stuck to my back.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
My EDC is my glasses in a pocket. A cell phone on my belt. A "Pock-its" pouch on my belt, that contains: a 2 AA LED maglight, a Leatherman supertool, A sharpie marker, a pen, nail clippers, a mini bick lighter, a 4 gig thumb drive, an adjustable wrench. These items go with me everywhere everyday.

I keep a BoB in my car that contains a first aid kit, food, water, a hat, emergency blanket, poncho, gloves, wind up flashlight, candle, a small coffee can that can be used to boil water or cook in, a large rough use knife, a folding knife, paracord, a tarp, and a few other items that escape me at the moment.

Spiritowl

[edit on 23-3-2009 by Spiritowl]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
All the things i use for EDC fit into my pockets. I always,unless i'm at work, wear military BDU's. Everything including my pistol fits into the pockets and you'de never know i have any of it.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anuubis
All the things i use for EDC fit into my pockets. I always,unless i'm at work, wear military BDU's. Everything including my pistol fits into the pockets and you'de never know i have any of it.

Y'know the only things I struggle to keep about me at all times is my Cellphone which no matter what I do I always manage to turn it on / off when I dont want to. and my shades. I wear specs normally but also like to keep my script shades with me at all times but I have yet to find a method of carrying them in a comfortable manner.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider

Originally posted by Anuubis

Y'know the only things I struggle to keep about me at all times is my Cellphone which no matter what I do I always manage to turn it on / off when I dont want to. and my shades. I wear specs normally but also like to keep my script shades with me at all times but I have yet to find a method of carrying them in a comfortable manner.

I have the same problem with my cell phone except it turns itself off. And it's only 4 months old. I ALWAYS carry it, a Smith and Wesson folder with a straight and a serated blade, my pistol and 1 extra mag, and a pair of compact binoculars.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Survival credit card tool inside my wallet
Mobile phone - jacket pocket
Button compass, sml Gerber Multitool, Sml Sharpie, Solitare Maglite & Thumb Drive on a keyring with quick release clips - trouser pocket
Tissues - jacket pocket
Hanky - trouser pocket
Smokes - pocket
Zippo- pocket
Bic lighter - jacket pocket
Note book & Diary - jacket pocket
S/Steel Parker Pen - jacket pocket

GHB always within arms reach or on my person when out, and contains:

FAK, Light Stick, 3W 2AA LED Torch, toilet tissue, compass, multitool, survival blanket, fleece blanket, waterproofs, NI Gloves, Hi Viz waist coat, dutch 1 L water bottle & SS Mug, tea spoon, Hexi stove, brew kit, dextrose tabs, 6 Granola bars, emergency phone charger, spare AA bats for torch, another Bic lighter, paracord, micro FM radio, couple of black bin bags, IPK shelter (newly added), travel size deodrant, razor, cut down tooth brush, soap, tooth paste etc.

All fits inside a 35L non descript navy blue rucksack with space for my lunch

Thats about it off the top of my head.

Spare clothes, rations and water in the boot of the jamjar, BOB etc stays at home unless needed.

Rgds

[edit on 23/3/09 by Dark Vengeance]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Vengeance

I have to say sir that is some list. One might even say it's verging on BOB territory. Although different strokes as they say, and if memory serves you're quite mobile professionally so this probably isn't such a bad get up for your needs.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
My Get Home Bag GHB is A Kifaru E&E. I won't go into what is there unless you ask. My EDC is rather simplistic, but I have many years experience with what I do carry. By the way my GHB is usually only a few steps away.

respectfuly

reluctantpawn

top topics

join