It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T-Rex like Skull on Mars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I was just messing around with the pictures from the mars rover spirit pictures when I came upon what looks like a fossil of a fossilized t-rex.

Okay, I know it’s not really a fossil of a T-Rex because it’s way too small, as the original picture which is here on marsrovers page, caution large picture: (On Bottom Left)

Which makes it only few feet across.

Picture of a T-Rex Skull:

But my question to everyone is: Do you think it’s possible for Dinosaur like creatures to once roam Mars in the distant past? And with the erosion from mars being dead for so long, the fossils are being unmared? (unearthed) lol

Just a question.

I think Joseph Skipper touched on this subject, but I didn’t go through all his research at his site: Joseph Skipper

Hey, it just might be possible!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I cannot answer the question you seek, however I do have a question that pertains to your rock finding. If you notice the contour of that rock, it's unlike any of the other rocks.. it has more holes in, more divits and pits than all the other rocks on the larger image. Why do you think that is?

To me it seams like that particular rock(s) do not belong in this picture.

Possibly it's a meteorite that got nailed a few many times while traveling in space before landing on Mars.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiteone

If this is what you believe .....

Okay, I know it’s not really a fossil of a T-Rex because it’s way too small

Whats with the title of your thread ...... question mark or not !

The possibility of Life on Mars is definitely an interesting subject to speculate upon until there is more data,.... but your "T-Rex on Mars?"sensationalism just detracts from what otherwise may of been an interesting thread.
IMHO.

Edit;to correct my data /more data /my to may

[edit on 18-3-2009 by UmbraSumus]

[edit on 18-3-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I didn't see any skull looking rock to be honest, but when I zoomed in on the original photo I did find this. On the upper left rim of the crater.

Now im sure its just some kind of debris from the lander but still an interesting find IMO.

WHat do you think it may be a part from? looks like tin foil so im thinking part of the landers shield maybe.

*edit for spelling

[edit on 18-3-2009 by QBSneak000]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
THere are lots of neat things to find when you zoom in on these pictures. Who knows maybe in the next one Ill find a junked out car up on blocks in the front yard of some banjo playing Martian hick.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I saw alf in the clouds once! Point being our brains sometimes work against us. Always trying to make sense of pattern sometimes revealing somthing thats not there. I guess its possible its a t rex but seriously doubt it.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

That would be part of the rover's jettisoned heat shield, which was let go shortly before the air bags inflated for impact. You can see where it impacted at the bonneville crater edge in this overhead view:
www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 18-3-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I said “like a T Rex” Meaning that it resembles a T Rex. And besides, my question is: Do you think it's possible that there were prehistoric like dinosaurs on mars?

I'm not saying that this object is a T Rex as in T Rex on earth, but in general, a fossil?

If this is what you believe .....

And I don't think I said I believed it, I just wanted other people's opinions as to what they perceive.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Ive never seen fossils which looked like that, and im reasonably experienced in that area.

imho clearly a rock.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Don't be discouraged looking for Dino links to present life on Mars.Use Opportunity ,rather than Spirit,sol 015 microscopic Imager,from the outcrop of crater where Op landed 2004 end of January. Sol 015 was in Feb I believe. The fossils of dino egg,baby dino and entire frame is lizardy skin texture of ovipositor,so the whole fram was living tissue once.The insides of a dino,not available on Earth in such detail there on Mars and ignored by NASA. Let me restate the Dino EGG,EGG delivery mechanism of a DINO MOTHER,plus the tiny finger-nail sized baby dino,after travelling millions of miles for a crash landing in a very sweet with life evidence crater.Nasa Yawns and says nothing of LIFE on Mars.......OK...here we go again 2009,and still no disclosure of life on Mars by Nasa after they have seen living breathing people and animals on Mars,and PREVENTED the vast majority of Earth people from seeing,understanding,questioning our origins and common history of life on Earth and Mars connection. Here's a LIVE ONE staring at Opportunity rover OVER 5 years later(still no disclosure). DINO descendant on Mars staring back at Op Rover.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
it's just a Sex rock folks.

Ive seen weird crap in them pictures from mars even dead body's lol

But just Sex Rocks

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by WalkOn
I cannot answer the question you seek, however I do have a question that pertains to your rock finding. If you notice the contour of that rock, it's unlike any of the other rocks.. it has more holes in, more divits and pits than all the other rocks on the larger image. Why do you think that is?

To me it seams like that particular rock(s) do not belong in this picture.

Possibly it's a meteorite that got nailed a few many times while traveling in space before landing on Mars.

Looks like those rocks were placed in the picture to cover something else up as they are very porus and every other rock around it is smooth.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

The bottom right of this picture makes the dark sand look like water.....There is what looks like water moving up a shore creating a water line like a mini 5 cm wave ( for lack of better wording ) ....

new topics

top topics

join