It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama climate plan could cost $2 trillion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Obama climate plan could cost $2 trillion

www.washingtontimes.com

President Obama's climate plan could cost industry close to $2 trillion, nearly three times the White House's initial estimate of the so-called "cap-and-trade" legislation, according to Senate staffers who were briefed by the White House.

A top economic aide to Mr. Obama told a group of Senate staffers last month that the president's climate-change plan would surely raise more than the $646 billion over eight years the White House had estimated publicly, according to multiple a number of staffers who attended the briefing Feb. 26.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Whether or not you believe man made global climate change is a hoax or not I think we should all be in agreement that now is not the time for this plan. The economy is struggling to come back and increasing the cost of doing business in America by adding this cap and trade BS will only make things worse. Money that businesses could use to hire workers would instead go to the government for carbon emissons.

I agree with what House Minority Leader John A. Boehner states at the end of the article. This will only increase the cost of doing business in America and drive even more American jobs overseas since the regulations would not apply in China, India and Mexico where the cheap unregulated labor is.

"The last thing we need is a massive tax increase in a recession, but reportedly that's what the White House is offering: up to $1.9 trillion in tax hikes on every single American who drives a car, turns on a light switch or buys a product made in the United States," said Michael Steel, a spokesman for House Minority Leader John A. Boehner. "And since this energy tax won't affect manufacturers in Mexico, India and China, it will do nothing but drive American jobs overseas."

www.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This is not the time to be doing experiments with the economy. Cap and trade is a horrible idea to begin with.

I understand the concept behind it, but in the end the taxpayer ends up paying for it in the end.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Can't put a price tag on fixing the messes we have caused for future generations. I inherited this mess, but that doesn't mean it isn't my responsibility now too.

*Edit:

Though I am not a fan of the cap and trade program.

[edit on 3/18/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Under this administration new taxes will be implemented in the name of "Saving the Planet" to promote, and implement laws which ultimate goal is only to control people more.

They have plans for taxes on cows, and pets. The Obama administration wants to implement a tax that we will have to pay depending how many miles we have to drive.

We will soon also have laws restricting, and taxing foods we eat, drinks ( remember that soft sodas have gas in them), and it can get to the point that we will be taxed for the oxygen we breath, and the amount of methane, and CO2 we release.

It sounds impossible, but who would have thought they would try to implement taxes on foods we eat, pets and farm animals?...

The Representative Republic is turning into the CORPORATION, in which rich people who have no good intentions towards the populace are trying to gain more control over us, so they can enslave us.

We can't allow this to happen. Not again....not ever...

[edit on 18-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think a better plan would be to make alternate energy sources more cost effective instead of making conventional energy more expensive. I don't see how this will help the environment. Cap and trade on carbon emissions will do nothing but increase the cost of living for the average person while lining the pockets of politicians and special interest groups.

top topics

join