It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asian Megaliths Of Mysterious Origins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I am from Malacca, West Malaysia. There are several ancient standing stones or megaliths that were excavated by British explorers deep in rain forest jungles in the early 20th Century near a town called Pengkalan Kempas.

There are some strange markings on the stones which are said to date back to the 2nd to 3rd century. No one really knows the origins of the stones and who were responsible for erecting them.

Just wondered if anyone out there who may be able to shed more light on these stones and the possible meaning of the symbols.

Have also included a link to an article written several years ago which may give a little insight into my country's ancient past.

www.megalithic.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.megalithic.co.uk...

To none I wish Ill but to all I wish peace and love.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The third image intrigued me. Could these possibly be telling the future of entertainment with the nintendo Wii ? It is as if the stones found in asia know of future electronic devices that will enthrall future asia. If true, it would turn out to be quite interesting.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Very interesting! The site you linked to has more photos. I'm going to have to read the whole thing. Thanks for posting, and I hope someone on here can shed some more light on these.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Interesting pattern on this rock.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2577773bed52.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/724a89bc972b.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e867edbc5e0c.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 18-3-2009 by sadisticwoman]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I noticed that also. I'm curious about the heart shaped image. Isn't this megalith way older than when the heart shaped image was first used? I'm going to see if I can find out when the heart shape became popular. I would think this had a different meaning on the megalith.

Of course, I know nothing about this stuff, but it's very interesting.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I checked this site: symbols.com and this is just a little of what it said:

symbols.com...

20:18 · The heart sign is as old as , , , , , and . Its meaning for the people living in Europe before the last Ice Age of course is not known, but since these Cro-Magnons were hunters one can be reasonably sure it meant that life sustaining organ pumping around the blood of the organism every second of its lifetime.

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Wed Mar 18 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
The third image intrigued me. Could these possibly be telling the future of entertainment with the nintendo Wii ? It is as if the stones found in asia know of future electronic devices that will enthrall future asia. If true, it would turn out to be quite interesting.

I had it figured for a Wisconsin university or tourist sweater. All kidding aside those are neat images but people have been carving stone for ages so unless there is real hard dating on them it's hard to say. The Wi one looked fresh to me.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman
Interesting pattern on this rock.

You missed a large part of the pattern though. The heart part is still there, but not quite as much standing out.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Looks like some good old sacred geometry to me. Beautiful!

top topics

join