It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIG Pays off Senators.. List of names and Amounts..Guess how much Obama Received

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Where is the proof that this is even legit?

i don't understand why people go crazy over a report from a far right wing news website...

hmmmph

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Has anyone notice the amount has increased since the first post??

Obama, Barack (D-IL) Senate $104,332
Dodd, Chris (D-CT) Senate $103,900
McCain, John (R-AZ) Senate $59,499
Clinton, Hillary (D-NY) Senate $37,965
Baucus, Max (D-MT) Senate $24,750
Romney, Mitt (R) Pres $20,850
Biden, Joseph R Jr (D-DE) Senate $19,975
Larson, John B (D-CT) House $19,750
Sununu, John E (R-NH) Senate $18,500
Giuliani, Rudolph W (R) Pres $13,200
Kanjorski, Paul E (D-PA) House $12,000
Durbin, Dick (D-IL) Senate $11,000
Perlmutter, Edwin G (D-CO)House $10,500

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
Interesting that Lehman gave Obama over $200,000 in campaign contributions and didn't get bailed out. Hmm, maybe this isn't buying a bailout, but just business as usual on the Hill?

And yes, in relation to the total cost of Obama's Presidential campaign, $100,000 is chump change. And this was campaign contributions, not a personal gift.

Now now you're pouring water on the angry peoples fire.

What would be interesting is a breakdown of the source of ALL campaign monies for ALL candidates. I can guarantee that there will be instances you can cherry pick to make any political point you wish!!!!!!!!!

One thing is for certain, if you allow non state funding of political parties you are guaranteed to invite corruption.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

If it was Bush, you would have been throwin a bitch fit right about now.
Dont say you wouldnt, cause you would.

It was Bush. He got $160,000 from AIG for his 2004 campaign. No, there was no bailout that year because they didn't need it yet, but do you really think we couldn't come up with a favor Bush did for AIG "in return"?

The point is, these threads about AIG's contributions to senators are grasping at straws. A hundred thousand is not an unusual campaign contribution in a presidential campaign for a company the size of AIG. Look elsewhere for the corruption. It's probably there, but this isn't it.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by MSMLies

A 100000? LOL that is pocket change for these people. hardly worthy of batting an eyelash over much less instigating massive corruption. Even on government payroll they make more then that.

If we started talking millions then I would worry about it.

Are you serious? Look, they just stole money from us, right in front of our eyes. Seriously. You think it's nothing?

What do these people get paid for? They make a salary. They don't have to take bribes to get by, do they?

This is just dirty and I am ashamed of my country right now.

And the really bad part of it is that they do this all the time. I'm shocked. So they're all in on it together, huh? What else. What else.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
this isnt it?
Whos money went to bail out AIG?
thats right.Ours did.
Where did our money go? In their pockets!!!
Obama, Dodd, McCain, ALL OF THEM!!!!
They should all be held accountable.
I never said Bush wasnt just as guilty, hell hes guilty as hell as well.
You see, you think you are talking to a republican here, but Im not a republican, so those Bush lines dont work with me, Im sorry to tell you that.
These people are corrupt, their whole administration is corrupt, and like I said earlier, they all need to be thrown in jail. End of Story.

This IS NOT going to get swept under the rug, I dont care how 'little' money was involved. ITS STILL A CRIME. "You Do The Crime, You Do The Time"

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
what difference does it make? You don't think that corporate contributions aren't something that has been going on for a very long time both parties? Huh? It's how the game is played.

We have bigger problems than dem's vs publicans... come on folks, grow the bleeep up!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

You can't expect post graduate educated individuals to respect your posts if you gain your information exclusively from Fox News. The Chairman of the Fed has a Ph.D. and his main focus of research was in the great depression. His recomendations are based on what wasn't done back then...isn't he a Republican nominated chairman???? Ok...WTF? Give it a break already...let these folks do their jobs and stop bending over with your pants pulled down all lubed up for O'riely and Hanity and those freakin fakes on Fox and the fat pig on radio daily....just relax....let the professionals do their jobs...quit buying into the game of the right wing for once since Reagan lied.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

And you sir, need to stop watching MSNBC.
And you also need to get off the "left wings" nuts.
There are enough squirrels out there already, dont be one of them.
Professionals? Where? Oh you mean the guys that are stealing our tax payer dollars right under our noses? Oh those professionals, my bad, I thought you actually meant someone who actually does their job with honor and respect towards their fellow men and women.
This isnt a left and right issue, its a right and wrong issue. What they did was wrong, and the Obamanites need to hold their master accountable.
He needs to be in jailx10

Edit- yea, it may have been going on for a long time, and you know what, they shouldhave been accountable. But unlike them, these A-holes got caught. That only gives us reason to take them down. Not our fault, we didnt do anything to make them take our money, they straight up went into our wallets grabed a 20 spot from us, and left out the back door.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Well here we go. Obama talked about crossing the party lines. This must be the bi-partisanship he was referring to in his campaign speech, huh?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Percy in Missouri

Yea, him Mccain, Dodd, they are all smokin it up in the white house right now doing some bi partisan with that fat sack that they paid for with our money.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

This is weird. I starred your post.

I think we agree...strange.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lucidclouds

Lucid, I have to say, you lasted a lot longer than southern Guardian did.
I gave her the ignore feature just a while ago

And thanks, I will accept your star and enjoy the brief moment of common ground.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

ha haa so funny! I wish I had MSNBC...because I love Rachel Madow! Unfortunately I havent' seen her show in several months. Good comeback though.

Keep drinking the red cool-aide!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

thanks.
and btw.
Im not red or blue.
Im white =) like middle of the road white.
im also white

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Your so very welcome. Oh, and if you prefere grape flavor, or lemon, or whatever...be it red or yellow or green or blue...whatever flavor you choose, it's cool-aid...

drink up!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Percy in Missouri

good post. Star. I agree I think with what you meant by your post. Yes we need bi-partisanship now more than ever... problem is that Limbaugh gets huge amounts of money (millions of dollars) and Fox needs to make Rupert happy....god the right wing media is nuts...this is not the time for politics, and yet these clowns sit there and spin like it's a cotten candy stand at the county fair.

I don't understand it. Really I don't. Even more, I don't understand the ones on ATS that buy the whole farm complete with chickens and jack asses!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

haha I dont drink the Kool-aid, if I was thirsty, I would go for Dr.Pepper.
Kool-Aid is for kids, or Obamatrons.
I think both parties suck ass. I think they are both doing the same exact thing as the other, just under a different name. All while we are over here on the sidelines fighting on who is cooler and better. They both suck, and I will out party any one of them anytime of the week, so they cant be that cool.
Oh and did I mention, they all need to go to jail?

Edit- I just checked your MSNBC, CNN and also your closet pal Fox...and none of them are dropping the names. they do a brief 10 second AIG corruptness clip..but then move on to some runway model who is getting arresting because she threw a cat at her ex. I mean ...really?
We are screwed.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Interesting comments in these posts, but the thing that kept rolling through my head is the sheer numbers that are being thrown around which to me is the symptom of the ill.

We're talking contributions to politicians at $100,000 a whack here. When you look at other aspects of all things financial, the numbers being tossed around without a hint of surprise range from this to millions of dollars being thrown at individuals as bonuses.

Even greater are the numbers being thrown around with respect to 'bailouts' and recipients of the benefits of those bailouts which run into the hundreds of billions of dollars.

Unreal, when you sit down and really look at it . . . we're talking $100,000 to $100,000,000,000.

Look at all of those zeros!!!!!!!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, most of us are looking at our annual incomes at half the minimum shown above . . . $50,000.

Yup . . . most of us would feel absolutely amazed and a whole lot more comfortable being able to look at a digit followed by six zeros. We'd be amazed . . . happy . . . comfortable . . . We'd fall asleep easier and wouldn't bolt upright at 2 a.m. thinking, 'How the hell am I going to pay the utility bill this week before they shut me off.'

But, that's just not the way it is, down here on 'mainstreet'.

Since January 1, there's more than a million people out ther looking at no zeros after a digit, no paycheck, no grocery money, no retirement investments, no . . . . nothing.

There you have it . . . those who run this country . . . the ones with the power, the ability to make or affect the policy decisions tare so out of touch with us 'back at the ranch'. They consider anything less than a digit followed by six zeros as no big thing. That's how out-of-touch our political and financial leaders have become, and how they've trained and desensitized those 'back at the ranch' to actually believe a hundred thousand bucks ain't no big thing

In the same vein, many of us look at this news story about AIG and campaign contributions and think similary that it ain't no big thing because we're not talking about real significant amounts of money in the grand scheme of things because it takes much more than that to get elected.

That is insanity expecially considering that I'm (and I hazard a guess I'm part of a growing majority) scrounging on a weekly basis my last few dollars just to get through to the next paycheck.

Others are sitting back looking at foreclosure notices, past due bill notices, lunch that never happened in favour of being able to put at least a bit of something on the dinner table for the kids, lying awake at night trying to make ten dollars stretch into 20 to maybe cover the utility bill, the municipal taxes, the income taxes, the health care premiums . . . we're rolling pennies to survive yet political contributions in excess of $100,000 ain't no big thing.

How screwed up is that?

We've created a system that is more important than those who make up the system . . . a sytem that feeds itself first before those who make up the system . . . a system that rewards greed and deception instead of caring and supporting . . . a system that unless you're wealthy enough to reap the benefits from, will never change because those suffering the most from it will never have the wherewithall to affect the change . . .

But, I guess as many posters have inferred here, that ain't no big thing.

Sad, isnt it.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

Good post. I think that a lot of people who are willing to turn their heads to this, are the problem here. Its hard to come to terms with a bad decision, but damn someone needs to own up to this mess.
Yes its been going on for a long time, and you know what, its our own damn fault for letting it happen. It may not be a big deal to some, but its a big deal to me, and to the people who barely get by everyday.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join