It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIG Pays off Senators.. List of names and Amounts..Guess how much Obama Received

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Truly disgusting and so evident that it is a pay to play world in politics.

This is bribery and we need a government reform.

It is one thing to give a candidate money that will help your company out from the persons normal line of work, but when acts like this are done, it is demeaning to our country.

I look at it this way.

Obama (even McCain if he won) gets money during election.
Company goes under.
Time for payback...(heres millions or billions, whatever).

Sorry, with all of the other bull**** going on, this only adds to the pile. THIS is not coincidence.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Dodd acknowledged his role in the change after a Treasury Department official told CNN the administration pushed for the language.

Both Dodd and the official, who asked not to be named, said it was because administration officials were afraid the government would face numerous lawsuits without the new language.

Dodd, a Democrat, told CNN's Dana Bash and Wolf Blitzer that Obama administration officials pushed for the language to an amendment designed to limit bonuses and "golden parachutes" at those companies.

"The administration had expressed reservations," Dodd said. "They asked for modifications. The alternative was losing the amendment entirely."

On Tuesday, Dodd denied to CNN that he had anything to do with adding the language, which has been used by officials at bailed-out insurance giant AIG to justify paying millions of dollars in bonuses to executives after receiving federal money.

www.cnn.com...

From this point on I don't want to hear the word inheritance.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
202-456-1111 Put this number on speed dial and call it every chance you get...this is outrageous, we need to take a stand...Obama is in over his head, he is a little, little man

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
How come I havent seen any of theliberals on these topics as of yet?
Hmm, picking their battles I guess. Its okay!! haha. You can be wrong from time to time, we are only human. Just dont disgrace yourself by comming to this thread to try and make excuses for him,please save yourself that humility. Instead, try to hold even your 'people' responsible for their foolishness. They need to be locked up, right now.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aermacchi

If you support obama then you are not one of us,

If you register with ACORN, then you are not one of us

if you still support Bush then you are not one of us.

If you ONLY VOTE republican then you are not one of us.

If you ONLY VOTE democrat then you are not one of us.

If you VOTE for ANYONE, who is currently in Office,

then you are not one of us.

then Granny Get your Gun

because then,,

It's WAR!

What the hell dude? Are you threatening to kill me?!?!?! I don't fit into your accepted thought so off with my head??? Dangerous talk man. VERY dangerous talk.

HOW DARE YOU THREATEN ME!!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
there is no threat there.. get over it... Obama is a bust man

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

I dont think he was threatening to kill you. lol. He is saying anyone who fits these categories needs to get their heads out of their asses because when the SHTF they will fight anyone who gets in the way of doing whats right. But thats just the way I interpreted it. Maybe he did threaten you, but I didnt see it that way.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShesSoDizzy
Interesting. When I clicked the link, it is showing Obama as the TOP RECIPIENT 2008. But when I clicked on ALL CYCLES, George Bush has him beat.

What interests me is that George Bush is not listed as receiving anything in 2008, yet Obama received most for that year. hmmm...

Ummmm, I will have to check on this but I am pretty sure Dubya wasn't running for office in 2008 and hence would not need any campaign contributions. I may be wrong.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

I dont think he was threatening to kill you. lol. He is saying anyone who fits these categories needs to get their heads out of their asses because when the SHTF they will fight anyone who gets in the way of doing whats right. But thats just the way I interpreted it. Maybe he did threaten you, but I didnt see it that way.

I didn't want to point out which one of the decrees I would have violated in his with him or against him tirade but it was one or two and I make no apologies. Not everyone voted for these bailouts. Also lost in this blood lust is getting down to the brass tacks of WHY this happened in the first place.

What I am afraid of is putting all the blame on the people currently in office and forgetting about those who have departed. There are quite a few powerful people that have run out their terms or retired from government conveniently before this mess started to blow up with the first bailout.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
No doubt. I believe anyone and everyone who even had a slightest hand in all of this should be put behind bars for life. Economical warfar kills more people than combatant warfare anytime of the day. And these are the leaders. They all need to be tried. As an Independant, I dont give a damn if their sign has R or D on it. If they screw us over, they screw us over, there is no free passes in my book, I never got one. Ive always taken responsibility for crimes that I have committed, and they should as well. What is that police motto "You do the crime, you do the time". I think that they should do the time.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

You must mean people like Karl Rove.
2nd line.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Why should ANY politician (Dem. Rep. or Ind) be allowed to receive campaing funds from any company that has (or ever will) receive bail out money?

If this doesn't help to prove the entire government is corrup then I don't know what else to say.

I can hear the conversation now.
"My campaing funds are getting low," says the Senator.
Mr AIG CEO respods, "Give us more bail out money and I will contribute to your campaign."

Let's return to common sense. The system has been morally corrupt and now is financially bankrupt.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by JOE64]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Bush and Cheney have left the building!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
all right, that's it, I've had it.
you all get the pitchforks and torches,
i'll get the bandannas and axe handles.
See ya on Pennsylvania ave.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrpotatohead
reply to post by dgtempe

Bush and Cheney have left the building!!!

And right behind them Obama and his people/ Only they will be leaving a lot faster than Bush and Cheney.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Bottom line, everyone knows this whole this going to tank. They're getting in on whatever they can before the ship goes under.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by MSMLies

A 100000? LOL that is pocket change for these people. hardly worthy of batting an eyelash over much less instigating massive corruption. Even on government payroll they make more then that.

If we started talking millions then I would worry about it.

No doubt... I was thinking the same thing.... 100k? Really? You think that swayed these folks?

Puhlease...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Interesting that Lehman gave Obama over $200,000 in campaign contributions and didn't get bailed out. Hmm, maybe this isn't buying a bailout, but just business as usual on the Hill?

And yes, in relation to the total cost of Obama's Presidential campaign, $100,000 is chump change. And this was campaign contributions, not a personal gift.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
When a company contributes to a politician, and gets votes worth billions, it's called corruption. At best there's a clear conflict of interest, at worst they own that politician.

Any politician who got contributions from AIG was bought by AIG.

Now that it's clear we're ticked off by hundreds of millions in bonuses paid out by AIG, are these politicians going to pay their 'bonuses' back to AIG? Hmm? How does this look?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Are you for reals? SO what you are saying is "Hey, as long as it isnt over XXX amount then its no big deal".
I knew you were in it for Obama, but I didnt know Obama was in you that much.
If it was Bush, you would have been throwin a bitch fit right about now.
Dont say you wouldnt, cause you would.
You are basically shrugging this off because Obama wasnt smart enough to ask for more money. He got caught for a meesly $100,000. SAD>and pathetic.
Can you hold your leader accountable for anything?Or does he get a free ride for everything corrupt that he does?

EDIT; He should be sitting in *&^%*$# jail right now along with all of the rest of those names on that list. McCain Included! Hell I voted for Mccain, but I can sit here right now and tell you he is no better for getting this money. Open your eyes. They should all be sitting right next to Madoff.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Common Good]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join