It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Liberterian Truck Driver New to ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hey all. I'm Jay. Born and raised in Central NJ, moved to Detroit as a teen and currently driving around the US as a driver for Panther Expedited Services. I am an ex-Sailor. Served in the Navy and discharged honorably in 1988. I love my country, however I fear my government. I am an analyst in my own right, and feel we have been lied to for many many years. I would say I woke up after 9/11. First I was like most of the sleepers, can't believe they did this, etc. But after seeing the infamous find the boeing, my eyes opened. And now I have chosen to join you guys and girls here at ATS. Remember I am a trucker, so I might be driving and can't answer an email or post as fast as I want to. But I will do my best to keep up. Thnx and see you on the boards.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jayjay744

Hey!
I have many uncles who drive trucks!
Get exercise in your legs!!!
Stay away from truck stop 'ladies'!
Have a great stay here!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hi there,
welcome to ats. I respect truck drivers. My father was one.
And I am one of the silly four wheelers with a cb

whats your handle?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Welcome Brother Trucker and and brother in arms... I'm a retired Marine myself...

You in good company here and as a side note last week I posted my misadventures down at the DMV and my struggle to renew my Hazmat endorsement...link to that post

[edit on 18-3-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

they call me 'GEARS'. always shifting, always thinking!!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Welcome aboard Gears,

I was serving the same time you were. We're the one's no one remembers because we only won the cold war - which no one ever thinks of. Lost a dear friend on the road in your profession, be careful out there.

MM

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Welcome from another Libertarian Truck driver. Keep the shiney side up Amigo!!

Zindo

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS Jayjay.

Seems ya already fit in pretty well.

And, ATS needs more Libertarian-minded, btw...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Thank you all for the kind words. I feel I made a good decision.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Jay.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jayjay744

Just curious Gears, how is business these days with the economy?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

absolutely horrible these days. the economy is so bad for us. i use this example for the non-drivers. say your favorite store used to have 10 delivery trucks a weeks. they would show up maybe 1/2 full. well, today that same store only gets 4 trucks a week and now they are filled to capacity. most of us are sitting in truckstops around the country waiting on loads. like right now i am in rochester, ny and haven't had a load since i delivered monday morning. just keep telling myself to hold on, cause other drivers tell the same story whatever state i'm in.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
You should see if you have a tri gas where you are... were always hiring and if you have the TX endorsements they'll put you to work right away...
We Haul a lot of medical gases to hospitals and clinics regular route home every night or in my case day good money... as long as people keep getting sick you'll have regular work
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25befb805d1b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
i will check for them in nj, as I want to move back home. The family is getting older and I am the oldest son, grandson, nephew. thnx daddybare.

new topics

top topics

join