It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Beach, California UFO 3/17/09

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I did not see it but I am seeing a report on the webs about a pretty wild sighting last night. Can anyone corroborate this sighting. There is a photobucket link to an album.

LBUFO31709 - photbucket album

The source is another board so I don't know what to do but I am impressed.

MODS: please nuke the thread if I have erred in anyway. Just kind of blown away by the pictures.

or i am a sucker....

[edit on 3/18/09 by stikkinikki]
Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18 Mar 09 by Gools]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The photo was taken with an 8 second exposure time... hence the "trailing effect".

Too bad they didn't just take a "snapshot" at, say, 1/60th or so. Then again that might not have "provided" as "interesting" an image.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm at work, so it won't allow me to see, someone please post pic

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
The photo was taken with an 8 second exposure time... hence the "trailing effect".

Too bad they didn't just take a "snapshot" at, say, 1/60th or so. Then again that might not have "provided" as "interesting" an image.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

Just nuke the thread. I am embarrassed now. I could go edit the original post to say it's whack.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
I'm at work, so it won't allow me to see, someone please post pic

That's silly. It's not nude or anything. Since it is someones photobucket page I will not upload their picture to ATS servers. They posted it on the internet so I think it's fair game but I am not going to go any further than drawing peoples attention to it.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Looks a lot like this shot:

And guess what that was?

A Plane

I don't think I need to say what the bloke in Long Beach photographed do I?

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Its not that I wont look, I cant', security software blocks that site, cant get to a whole lot of sites, luckily this is one I can

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Looks a lot like this shot:

And guess what that was?

A Plane

I don't think I need to say what the bloke in Long Beach photographed do I?

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

Oh man, rub my face in it.
I am going to get some work done and let the experts do what they do best. That looks like a great campsite!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Don't take it so hard nikki... We've all been intrigued by a report and got excited before really looking at all the details.

This is a classic case of either someone who doesn't understand photography at all and didn't realize that when you hold the shutter open on a camera for that long anything that has a light source and is moving is going to create "light trails" OR it's a pitiful attempt at hoaxing for attention.

Whichever it is, I would like to thank you for at least bringing it to our attention. Hopefully those who don't understand what they are seeing will find this thread, read the explanations and not get sucked into a false hope.

Springer...

[edit on 3-18-2009 by Springer]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I was about to reply stating the same thing, namely if you didn't know what a long exposure shot looked like, it would be confusing.

The guy taking the photos though, probably did know what they were shooting and going by the rest of the photobucket gallery they seem to have been practicing their long exposure shots quite a bit.

So shame on them for perpetuating the hoax.

new topics

top topics

join