It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dancing with the Stars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Ok, I can admit it, I watch this show...

My wife and I took a year of ballroom dance classes (though hard to tell from my lack of skill in this...), and hey, there are some fine women on this show for the guys...(and I'm just talking the dancers, let alone the stars)

Injuries are rampant...with two out of the show before they even started (Jewel and Nancy O'Dell)...then Jackass' Steve O misses a show due to an injury.

Belinda Carlisle (of the Go Go's) was the first to leave (should have been Apple guy Steve Wozniak)...

For fans of "So You Think You Can Dance", two more of the instructors were added from this show to join former alum Lacey (Chelsey and Dimitri)... Lacey was criticized last year for being a little chunky (I didn't think so), but she is looking hot this season....

Yeah, yeah, joke all you want, but guys, women love a man that can dance. I learned one important thing while taking the lessons...I think the reason women like this, is that if a man really knows how to lead on the dance floor, he can make his partner look like Ginger Rogers... Seriously. Not to mention, it's nice to be at a formal party and be able to cut a rug with at least a little confidence (if I can do a hustle or swing to it, I'm actually pretty good, and I can do a halfway decent waltz, tango or rumba...forget the frickin' foxtrot though...) We didn't concentrate much on the Latin dances, so I'm a clutz on those (and it's hard for a straight guy to not feel ridiculous while learning them)....

I think that it will likely come down to the Gold medalist and the French guy...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Bah..chickens...I know some of you watch...

Your "man card" won't get revoked, and I'm sure some of the gals here watch...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I watched the show twice. Then I decided to try and shave with a rusty cheese grater instead. I prefer the cheese grater which I now call 'Old Bloody'.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Everyone knows that in the entertainment industry you have to be able to sing AND dance. Mix American Idol with Dancing with the Stars!?

To me both shows are a torture worthy of Gitmo, and to combine the two would a special treatment saved for the final day before execution of murderers and rapists.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hehe. the combination is called "America's Got Talent" and it's its own trainwreck (I mean Sharon Osbourne AND the Hoff?...it's like the apocalypse)....

But DWTS....

Hot women, scantilly clad, gyrating?... These are just a few of my favorite things (and the same attraction for my wife, who's in love with Derrick, hehe...)

AI:

Only really good during audition weeks, as it's more of a comedy then. The later shows I'm usually on the computer while my wife watches. Sure, I could just play a game or something on the lower tv, but..... whole other story...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Can't believe Steve Wozniak is still there (got the lowest score in DWTS history, but votes kept him in), but Denise Richards was sent home last night. Great eye candy, but she dances as stiff as a board... Still, at least she improved....

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I can honestly say that I've never watched a second of this show (with the exception of the commercials) and I'm quite happy about it.

There are a few things like that I'm proud to say I've never watched.

The two that amaze people the most is Friends and Saved By The Bell.

I swear to you I've never seen a single episode of either...and I never will.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Totally with you on Saved by the Bell. Friends was pretty decent though...

Somebody's watching DWTS though, as it does well in the ratings (enough to be on two nights)...

new topics

top topics

join