It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I smoke, stop telling me it will kill me!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

I could never understand the logic about 2nd hand smoke. In a closed garage I could stand in for hours with say 5 people smoking , but only a few minutes if a car was running in there...you would die in an hour with the car secnerio. My point is that cars put far more pollutants in the air than cigs.

PS> and I posted because like a lot of others, we just love your avatar

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Wow that honestly doesnt surprise me she did that. I work in a BAR and customers have taken my cigarette out of my mouth and broke it in half. I have even had some grab my pack and say "you should quit it's bad for you" and then THROW them away!! I was livid over the last one. I told the guy who did this the last time that the drink he was having was bad for him and threw it in the garbage. He just looked at me and the bartender just starting laughing. I mean you come into a bar where you KNOW people smoke and you complain?! Go somewhere else!
There was also a girl at work who complained SOOOO much about her allergies to smoke that now we cant smoke in the dressing room! This is one girl out of over a hundred and trust me she is NOT an asset to the club. When she complained to me and friend one day about our cigarettes I lit another one and smoked it right in her face. I dont get it. She chooses to work in a bar where the majority smokes yet she wants everyone to conform to her standards! Yuck!! When I didnt smoke I hated it in bars but I knew I was in a bar and people were going to do it!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

You do know that you can get lung cancer other ways besides smoking right??

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I cant believe she did that, you kept your cool better than I would have

I too am a smoker, I know I need to quit, but that is my problem not anyone elses! So I am with you on this one!

I say....

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It's sad to see that society deems it morally acceptable to explain to a smoker the consequences of the deadly habit but merely shuts it's collective mouth in observance of an obese individual cramming a whopper and fries down his/her mouth.

I never understood that. How do you think one would react if you decided to yank a half eaten burrito out of one's mouth and proceeded to perform a riverdance sequence upon it 'til it became a creamy paste on the bottom of your pretty shoes; after which you describe the ill effects of consuming such unhealthy foods by pointing out his/her size 40 jeans?

The hypocrisy of society's moralities are, at times, laughable. :shk:

Keep on keepin on Tenticles.

-Dev

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join