It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I smoke, stop telling me it will kill me!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I agree
Let me have a cigarette
[snip]
Its not your business
Its not your lungs
If you don't like it they don't breathe it in

Mod Edit: Removed all caps and removed drug reference.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I'm gonna throw this out there.
My mother had cancer, three times before she passed away.
Second time around..it was lung cancer.
NO she was not a smoker...at the time..my ex husband was, and we lived with her.
Regardless, she was in a Toronto hospital, waiting for surgery to remove half her lung, and there was an older woman sharing a room with her.
The woman's middle age daughter was visiting her as well.
The woman looked horribly ill as she lay in her bed, with tubes everywhere, an oxygen mask on her face, and a container on the floor by the bed leading to a tube in her chest, plus tubes taking the wastes from her body and draining it into bags hanging beside the bed. Poor woman had an IV hooked up as well.
She asked my mother, if I was her daughter.
My mother said yes.
She looked directly at me, and removed her oxygen mask, and asked me..
"Do you smoke?"
I replied no..that I had quit a few years before.
"Good." she said. "Because this is why you shouldn't smoke. Just look at me..tubes everywhere to keep me alive and the damn pain killers they give me do nothing.Don't ever smoke..and tell your children, don't ever smoke."
Never, in my life have I forgot that woman...especially because, she passed away 4 days after my visit.
Smoke all you want, do whatever you want to your body..it's your choice.
Just be prepared for the consequences you bring onto yourself, and those you love.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Well said, I wish my brother would stop smoking. He doesn't care. I don't tell him this, but it worries me a lot...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I started smoking when I was 9 years old.
I am now 43 years old and still smoke.

I have done a lot of things in my life, some of which I'm not particularly proud of.
But these are the things that have made me the person I am today and I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever, except one; I deeply regret starting to smoke and if I could change one thing it would be that.

It has absolutely no redeeming qualities or benefits and I sincerely wish I could pack in.
Unfortunately when it comes to smoking I am severely lacking in will power.

[edit on 19/3/09 by Freeborn]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Unfortunately when it comes to smoking I am severely lacking in will power.

Will power wasn't enough for me either. Hypnotism and the patch worked.

5 yrs now.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I also have lung problems, and the doctors stated that if I ever smoked I would be hooked up to tubes and need to be wheeled around. My parents were heavy smokers, but I never did and would not want to be severely limited. My disability limits me enough without the added problems.

AccessDenied, that was a very powerful story, and I pray for that woman. Thank you for sharing it.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Smoking some stuff is good for the soul, smoking other stuff; not so much.

I don't mind what people breath in from smoking (well, OK, thinking about it I do but at the time...), it's the smell of it that really annoys me.

Now, the thing is, I can't work out why it has to smell so bad. Personally, I like the smell of wood smoke from a proper bonfire of trees and so on, and if cigarette smoke smelled like that, I probably wouldn't mind as much. But since it stinks, I hate it.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies guys.

Like I said I know it'll lead to some health problems later on. At the moment I'm going to quit when my supply of pre-tax hiked cartons runs out. Getting too expensive for me.

Bad news today for my family too. My mother and my sister got fired on the same day.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Thanks for all the replies guys.

Like I said I know it'll lead to some health problems later on. At the moment I'm going to quit when my supply of pre-tax hiked cartons runs out. Getting too expensive for me.

Bad news today for my family too. My mother and my sister got fired on the same day.

Glad to hear you will be quitting. Sorry about the family job losses.
I hope you realize when you stop smoking how much better you will feel. You will have more energy, food will taste better...no worrying about nicotine stains on your fingers and teeth...and no worrying about kissing with breath like an ashtray.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Waitress who never smoked' dies of lung cancer

toronto.ctv.ca...

Smoking isn't the ONLY way to get lung cancer, but it's a good one.
Christopher Reeves' wife also died of lung cancer, and never smoked.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Cancer is just a random mutation in a cell in your body causing it to grow out of control.

You have cancer right now!!!!!

Lung cancer can happen to anyone or more specifically you can get almost any type of cancer.

Minus the male/female types like ovarian cancer and so on.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Did that REALLY happen?

WOW the nerve of someone!!

I would be completely PO'd if someone did that to me.

I smoke and now it is expensive, so I have begun smoking a pipe (awesome flavors) - it is a lot less expensive, though some have been shocked seeing a lady, smoke a pipe.

But also I am buying bulk tobacco and making my own cigs with the tubers and little machine, I just started that a few days ago.

No one has ever walked up to me and has taken my cig out!! WOW the nerve!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'm 60 years old, and have been smoking since I was 17 or 18. No real problems with my lungs. However, a friend of mine has become an importer of the new e-cigarettes. When his first shipment arrives, I'm buying in on them.

Just a thought for others who may be having mental distress over the whole smoking issue.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

With the new prices I have been thinking about buying specialty smokes. I mean whats the point of paying 6 bucks for a normal pack when I can try new and interesting flavors for just a tad more.
I dont intend to smoke as much as before, but some interesting flavors will make me happier for the prices I'm paying.

By the way! Go you for smoking a pipe. Some of the scents you can get for that are almost like (stupid spell check cant get Poe-pa-Ree) poparee.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
OMG.

I'm in Florida and i just hit a cigarrette liquidation for $1.59 per pack!!!!!!

I had to buy a bigger suitcase.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Oh my god I would have slapped that bimbo! I`m a smoker myself, and are sick and tired of people looking at me like im a criminal or something.

Where I work, I`m the only one who smoke, and for some reason, people always have to make some sort of comment about it when I go out to take a sig.

It`s stuff like this that make me NOT wanna stop smoking. Nobody are gonna tell me what to do to my own body. Grrrrrr!

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Anom3]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

You mean potpourri?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I am a smoker and it is my choice to do so. Lets face it, smoking is not the best thing a person can do if they want to live a healthy life, but it is a personal choice! No one has the right to tell another what they should or should not do with thier lives. Would it be OK to take a cheeseburger away from an obese person and throw it in the trash? Would it be OK to walk into a bar and take away a beer from an alcoholic? We do not have to agree with the choices of others but if we want to be able to make our own choices we have to be willing to let others make thiers.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Damn! That is quite astounding that she could be so brazen!

Too bad that you do not possess the peculiar talent of The Incomparable Joseph Pujol aka. "Le Pétomane"

After she had complained of your offensive tobacco vapors & then slapped your cig away, you could have turned around 180° & then asked would she prefer a uniquely personal, effervescent bouquet of a slightly more sinister nature!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Snisha

Oh man! I scared my dogs I laughed so loud. Good one. Good one!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join